Black Friday: What Did You Buy?

i didn't go to store for black friday but I did bought a new laptop at hp shopping for 150 bucks off. Hopefully its a better laptop than i have now which is acer extensa 4620z.

my mom did went to walmart and got her new tv and the stand. :)

At the mall I bought a Fossil wallet. Had a $10 off card from the newspaper, and the wallet was on sale too, so I spent only $4.24 for a nice wallet.:)

i didn't go to store for black friday but I did bought a new laptop at hp shopping for 150 bucks off. Hopefully its a better laptop than i have now which is acer extensa 4620z.

my mom did went to walmart and got her new tv and the stand. :)

$150.00 dollars off is a good deal. :thumb:

I didn't do Black Friday but did little after work though to get couple things for my hubby. My hubby did Black Friday, he woke up at 3 am and was gone...out of the door in a flash...

I am not a morning person and will never get up at 3 or 4 am haha...Not this lifetime or ever...

But I did most of my Christmas shopping for my son, daughter and grandkids on Wednesday. I did saved almost 70 dollars on everything I purchased.

I got books for my daughter that she wanted...toys for my granddaughter, two grandsons and clothes. Hero Guitar bundle, MP3 (music and photos), CD player with MP3, couple of CD of the 80's, bunch of clothes (he grew fast and is close being a teenager), many other things for my son. I also stopped by Game Stop to get few games for his video game. I stopped Turkey Hill to get few cerificates...mmmm, that is about it so far...

We did at CVS and purchased some Christmas dec with good deals. That we have a savings of 23 dollars, we get everything free with the saving coupons and was only 3.00 that we had paid haha....

Not done with shopping yet.

Let's see . . . :hmm: . . . bought ornaments for my little Christmas tree, hooks, a nativity, $10 in gas for my car, spent 50 cents for a Coke and 50 cents for a cup of coffee over at the local Christian coffeehouse while listening to a group perform music.

I was thinking of getting a DVD of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal skull too, but then I thought what would my parents get me for Christmas? :hmm: so I decide to wait it out until after Christmas. :lol:

Did you buy those 3 movies for yourself? ;)
Yep, I bought them for myself.

I've learned not to trust my parents or family when it comes to gifts.

For instance, I'll give them a wish list with 10 things on it. On Christmas Day, I'll only get 1 or 2 things on the list. 50% of the time, those gifts will not be exactly what I wanted.

One time, I asked for a Xbox Bundle (included 2 games) and Halo. My mom got me Halo, but no Xbox.

Another time, I asked for 3 DVD titles. They ended up getting me 3 different DVD titles cuz they were $1 cheaper. Sadly, I already had those 3 DVDs. So, I tell them that I already have them... they say, "Why didn't you tell me!?" When I give them the list of DVDs that I already have (over 500), they say... "Never mind." :roll:

They also complain that the DVDs I asked for are too expensive. So, I can sit there and hope that they will get me what I want... if not, then I go out and buy them at full price. So, I rather get them on sale for myself. ;)

At the mall I bought a Fossil wallet. Had a $10 off card from the newspaper, and the wallet was on sale too, so I spent only $4.24 for a nice wallet.:)
Oh, I could have gotten that. I need a new wallet.

Although my current wallet is fine, I wouldn't mind a new one for that price. :)

Oh, I could have gotten that. I need a new wallet.

Although my current wallet is fine, I wouldn't mind a new one for that price. :)

Mine fell apart the day before. I was thrilled to get a nice wallet for that money. Seems like a great start to the Christmas season.:)

Mine fell apart the day before. I was thrilled to get a nice wallet for that money. Seems like a great start to the Christmas season.:)
The wallet I have now only cost me $2. It was one of those cheap offers through one of my credit card bills. ;)

I've had it since 2001. Not bad. ;)

Yep, I bought them for myself.

I've learned not to trust my parents or family when it comes to gifts.

For instance, I'll give them a wish list with 10 things on it. On Christmas Day, I'll only get 1 or 2 things on the list. 50% of the time, those gifts will not be exactly what I wanted.

One time, I asked for a Xbox Bundle (included 2 games) and Halo. My mom got me Halo, but no Xbox.

Another time, I asked for 3 DVD titles. They ended up getting me 3 different DVD titles cuz they were $1 cheaper. Sadly, I already had those 3 DVDs. So, I tell them that I already have them... they say, "Why didn't you tell me!?" When I give them the list of DVDs that I already have (over 500), they say... "Never mind." :roll:

They also complain that the DVDs I asked for are too expensive. So, I can sit there and hope that they will get me what I want... if not, then I go out and buy them at full price. So, I rather get them on sale for myself. ;)

I understand totally, my son's best friend's mother would give her son cash before Christmas and let him buy his own Christmas gifts, I am thinking of doing the same for my boys next year. It'll save me a trip to the shopping stores. :giggle:

I understand totally, my son's best friend's mother would give her son cash before Christmas and let him buy his own Christmas gifts, I am thinking of doing the same for my boys next year. It'll save me a trip to the shopping stores. :giggle:
That's what I've told my parents for the past few years. At first, they always got me clothes that they thought THEY would like... not what they thought I would like. Kinda selfish. :roll:

Now, they just buy me regular stuff... then take me clothes shopping afterward. :)

I didn't end up going out until late (around 7 or 8 am-ish) because I overslept. I first went to best buy and left with pair of headphones, a new battery for my laptop, a sleeve deal for my laptop, a TV tuner for my laptop, an older SLR with a lens that would've cost me more to buy if it didn't come with the camera, a larger camera bag, and another CF card.

I then went on to old navy but they did not seem to have anything good and I didn't particularly feel like continuing shopping, so I went home.

the spec's inferior to my needs. that's why it went up to $1000 (I also bought laptop sleeve.. $30)

Jiro, I understand that you have selected few options of your laptop. I m not ready to buy new mini-notebook till early next year

Last edited:
I didn't go shopping at all. The economy is bad enough as it is, so I've had to restrict myself somewhat to purchasing necessities instead of luxury items.

Already got my daughter a gift and then I am just going to give her cash because with money being tight and all, I am not going overboard. Not gonna use credit cards for Xmas shopping this year cuz the banks are charging high interest rates due to the bad economy. Whenever I buy is with cash and I dont have much of it lately. Important we have each other so shopping is gonna be restricted for me this year.

I'm not a fan of buying computer stuff from outside of the United States.
me either.... a big red flag

Plus, does the computer from eBay include all the upgrades that Jiro got? ;)
far from my needs :laugh2:

based on my long experience with laptops - you MUST NEVER pinch penny on warranty. I extended my warranty to 2 years instead of 1 year. Repair/replacement costs more far than extending warranty.

Jiro, I understand that you have selected few options of your laptop. I m not ready to buy new mini-notebook till early next week.

yea I checked out mini-notebook or "netbook".... definitely not on par to my needs. I'm a power-hungry user so it won't do but this will definitely make a great traveler laptop. I will consider getting it next year when weather's warmer so I can ride more often on motorcycle.

Back