bilateral CI kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, come on, PFH! You know I would never stoop to association with such an audist. It is simply wishful thinking on his part.:giggle:
PFH was thinking this. No idea why! Personal issues..??

So, about the experience Ash had with the child that was bilaterally implanted:

I hope that more implanted children have the opportunity to encounter a deaf adult at some point in their childhood. It is a life altering experience. Too many deaf children never see another deaf person until they are grown and out on their own. They develop some very distorted perspectives as a result.

I hope that more implanted children have the opportunity to encounter a deaf adult at some point in their childhood. It is a life altering experience. Too many deaf children never see another deaf person until they are grown and out on their own. They develop some very distorted perspectives as a result.

Yep

"They develop some very distorted perspectives as a result." Really..? That's a strong conclusion..
What kind of perspectives?

But that would be the even worse for children growing up deaf and not able to hear..... Would they develop some very distorted perspectives as a result.??

I hope that more deaf children will have the opportunity to encounter deaf adults that can hear at some point in their childhood. It is a life altering experience. Too many deaf children never see another deaf person that can hear until they are grown and out on their own.

"They develop some very distorted perspectives as a result." Really..? That's a strong conclusion..
What kind of perspectives?

But that would be the even worse for children growing up deaf and not able to hear..... Would they develop some very distorted perspectives as a result.??

I hope that more deaf children will have the opportunity to encounter deaf adults that can hear at some point in their childhood. It is a life altering experience. Too many deaf children never see another deaf person that can hear until they are grown and out on their own.

You have balls made steel. You come deaf website, then serious say deaf people very distorted perspectives because we not hear? We have DEAF PERSPECTIVE. Not better or worse any other perspective. Is ours.

Jillio say distorted perspective come when child never know other deaf people, because they feel like freak, oddity, broken, less than. This distorted because so untrue. Simply be around other deaf people give child sense community, understanding we NOT BROKEN OR LESS THAN HEARIES.

I will thank you never say, infer, imply, hint not be able hear is detriment.

You have balls made steel. You come deaf website, then serious say deaf people very distorted perspectives because we not hear? We have DEAF PERSPECTIVE. Not better or worse any other perspective. Is ours.

I didn't say that.
Your friend Jillio implied that.!!!

Ask her for an explanation on it...

They can,
but what is the likelihood that the average hearing person without
any deaf relatives will encounter
a deaf person to a degree that will require an extensive knowledge of SL?

We must take under consideration that to be even fairly basic in SL,
one must practice, practice, practice.

Where is the motivation behind if one talks to the mirror only, basically.

Fuzzy

What are the likehood that the average hearing person with a deaf relative will learn sign language???? Quite low. My own family didn't know SL.

Why don't you learn braille?

I have attempted to do that in the past. I need bigger pips than what they are having now as it is so hard to feel small pips. Have you????

I didn't say that.
Your friend Jillio implied that.!!!

Ask her for an explanation on it...

The fact that English is not your first language is probably the reason that you have such difficulty in understanding what everyone else sees as obvious. Surely it is the language barrier, and not an indication that you are purposely mis-interpreting in order to troll and incite.:cool2:

The fact that English is not your first language is probably the reason that you have such difficulty in understanding what everyone else sees as obvious. Surely it is the language barrier, and not an indication that you are purposely mis-interpreting in order to troll and incite.:cool2:
Excellent use of the English language...
... Is that irony I smell.?? No.. Cynicism.? No.. AH.. insinuation...
How am I doing..

But let's look at what you said....
........ Too many deaf children never see another deaf person until they are grown and out on their own. They develop some very distorted perspectives as a result.
You are describing deaf children growing up.. No mis-interpreting here... You are describing people that are now member of AllDeaf.

Conclusion from YOUR statement is that many of the people here on AllDeaf would develop distorted perspectives. After all. Some members said here on AllDeaf that they never met a deaf person before they were grown. You are implying that they developed distorted perspectives...

The boy is growing up hearing, in a hearing environment. He's interested in sign language, like any kid. Deaf or hearing. He likes to experiment with it.
That his dad won't let him is another thing. I would have taken the CI's from Lotte and let her experiment with her deafness.. but parents are different.

Why you would think that this child would grow up "developing distorted perspectives if it doesn't meet a Deaf person" is a ridiculous conclusion. And.. an insult to many deaf people...

Who has that industrial sized can of Troll Spray? We need it over here.

Who has that industrial sized can of Troll Spray? We need it over here.
I'm showing how your statement is insulting many deaf people by saying / concluding that they have "distorted perspectives " and you call it "trolling"....

Yes.. that would be a way to get the attention away from that subject...

I'm showing how your statement is insulting many deaf people by saying / concluding that they have "distorted perspectives " and you call it "trolling"....

Yes.. that would be a way to get the attention away from that subject...

No, you are trying to distort my statement and make it appear to say something it doesn't. But that's okay, because the deaf here already understand what I was saying, and all your attempts to distort otherwise are just an indication of the audist troll that you are. Keep going. I love the way you shoot yourself in the foot! It is absolutely hysterical.

Come on! Whoever has the troll spray, log on and pass it over!:wave:

Cloggy, sometimes you (general you) ask question which design make statement. This call rhetorical question. You ask question, not really want answer. Everyone realise what you do. For instance, you realise what I say here:

Why would someone come AllDeaf, say such stupid things?

And I already explain Jillio example distorted perspectives you. Deaf child not exposed deaf community not same thing as deaf child active participant deaf community. A deaf child segregate from deaf community WILL have distorted perspectives because they will feel different. Same like you drop a giraffe into a field elephants. That giraffe will have distorted perspective compare giraffe raise among giraffes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back