Bicycle Thread for those who travel by bicycle

So, would a Midwesterner need a mountain bike? :lol:

I have three of them. For Chicago, having one is a must. Why? Because ordinary bicycle tires do not do well with the rough roads around here.

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using AllDeaf App mobile app

I have three of them. For Chicago, having one is a must. Why? Because ordinary bicycle tires do not do well with the rough roads around here.

Why do you have three?

i dont wanna wear out myself, id rather wear out the pistons, clutch and gearbox LOL

A deaf guy with my group is 68 years old, and he can climb hills way better than me. He is solid as 40 years old guy.

Why do you have three?

I do not use all three. One needs repairs, and the other one I need to find someone who would be happy to have it, because the style does not suit me. As for the bright blue one, that one stays with me, as does the Mongoose, but that bright blue one I'm fond of, and do not ever intend to sell.

I haven't ride a bike for 10 years after got first driver license. I used to interest to buy a motorcycle until my friend told me it isn't good for Usher Syndrome because motorcycle require a lot of attention and extra caution.

I found car/truck is easier because of enclosed and make easier to pay attention.

When I lived in Texas, I used to ride my bike a lot around because it has a bike trail thru the town. When moved here, I got a job and drive a lot around mostly commuting.

When I lived in Texas, I used to ride my bike a lot around because it has a bike trail thru the town. When moved here, I got a job and drive a lot around mostly commuting.

Chicago also has a bike trail-- near the lake. Problem is, some areas are far too dangerous, according to an article that was talking about the dangers of some areas of the lakefront bike trail. Rumor has it that the city is planning on overhauling those areas to make it safer.

I do not use all three. One needs repairs, and the other one I need to find someone who would be happy to have it, because the style does not suit me. As for the bright blue one, that one stays with me, as does the Mongoose, but that bright blue one I'm fond of, and do not ever intend to sell.

Isn't that four bikes?

Isn't that four bikes?

Three. Trek, Mongoose, and a black and red one I'm not quite sure the make or model of it. There's a picture of it in my albums, but that one doesn't suit me very well.

No one is mowing the lawn in my state yet. However, in monthly or two, I'm going to a bicycle store for a multiple bicycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Authentic, that is one beautiful bike. The trail is awesome too. It is a perfect kind of trail that cries out ride me ride me... oh what a beautiful bike.

I just did 17 miles and three miles with 10% grade uphill-non stop, what a great workout for my legs and lungs :lol: Ascend is 1,074 feet.

I am trying to road cycle as often as I can in order to get ready for annual 100 miles/day Primavera Classic which will occur on April 27th.

2CE53C25-238C-4428-901E-AE3C2A117173_zpsavmrttqe.jpg

roadcyclemorrisonhill_zpsc294bf04.jpg~original

Any of you are interested to join us for 100 miles Primavera Classic, please feel free to PM me!

That is a nice bike, the background scenery reminds me of a video on youtube of a guy offloading on his motorcycle, either way, looked fun and beautiful to ride on. I'd be interested in that Primavera Classic, but I don't have a bike and I'm not sure I could keep up.

A deaf guy with my group is 68 years old, and he can climb hills way better than me. He is solid as 40 years old guy.

shit, but yeah time to time i hear of those stories about 'extraordinary strong/fit individuals' hell i know a few right here in my neighbourhood...its not rare, but its not common either...there are a few

I'm glad to see other deaf bicyclists on here! I don't see any fixed gear riders... are you guys out there?

Back