Bicycle Thread for those who travel by bicycle

Mine wasn't that fancy, I just wore various types and sizes of bags, depending on what needed to be transported. I have a large British DPM ruck I use for when I have a lot to bring with me or a small multicam assault pack I was issued for when I went to the gym, light shopping or to class.

On occasion I'd just bring a laptop bag, but that is a pain in the butt when you're riding 40 miles one way at 75+ MPH since it likes to catch the wind and go everywhere. I haven't dared try doing that with a purse since I'd likely lose everything in it all over the road..lol

Motorcycles are economic for running errands and yes, there is a point when you do need a car to move stuff, but if the weather back in Virginia had stayed nice, the car would have continued to rot in the garage because my bike was all I needed and the parking spots you can get on a motorcycle are simply the best (Sidewalk near doors or on the stripped area closest to the store near other bikes) :)

my side bags aren't fancy either. it's pretty beat up and half-broken :lol:

but at least it does the job just fine... it came with the bike so I'm cool with it :lol:

Okay, since spring is only a few weeks away, I thought I would go ahead and create a bicycle thread for those of us who love to ride bicycles. However-- since some of you also ride motorcycles, I'll allow those, too. :)

I'll start. A few days ago, I went to the bank, and then came back home. That is how this thread should go. Say where you went on your bicycle/motorcycle, and go from there.

Bicycle thread...not motorcycles! I think there's a thread for motorcycles. Shouldn't you be posting there?

Rogus

It seems you missed what I have added the bold to from the OP.

Get a hitch on the stang for a hitch carrier to take the Ninja with you.
43961d1335587839-rear-hitch-motorcycle-carrier-mdx-carrier.jpg

m-iX-5lUBOuQhp0CmpDkawQ.jpg

I was told that wouldn't be good for my car driving over 2000 miles.

my side bags aren't fancy either. it's pretty beat up and half-broken :lol:

When I'm reunited with my bike, I really need to get some bags on the side or something.

but at least it does the job just fine... it came with the bike so I'm cool with it :lol:

Rogus

It seems you missed what I have added the bold to from the OP.

Kelso-Says-Burn-That-70s-Show.gif

Bicycle thread...not motorcycles! I think there's a thread for motorcycles. Shouldn't you be posting there?

Motorcycles are included, too. Take a look at my OP.

Sent from my ME172V using AllDeaf App mobile app

DROOLING!!!

2014 Cervelo S3 Aero

78206-largest_2013CerveloS3-1.jpg

78209-largest_2013CerveloS3-3.jpg

It is electronic SHIFTING (no cable wires)

cervelo-s3-seat-tube.jpg

MSRP: $5,200

Drooling ENDS.

472.gif

Last Sunday 40 miles Tuscany Loop group ride...beautiful wine scenery.

x5bk9k.jpg

9F6879E3-25C8-46EE-9653-338D110CB670_zpsuccmnmnb.png

Sure, My $300 mountain bicycle should fine for me and it's almost 10 years old now. :) My motorcycle is 32 years old and still running good btw.

Wait until you bring your $300 mountain bike to Lake Tahoe, or California hills;

CustomSugar%20.jpg

or this

brokenSWorks.jpg

:laugh2:

$300 mountain bike? oh hell no. I would fall down and get impaled by a tree.

definitely gonna need at least $5,000 mountain bike for some serious downhill riding. my $1,400 mountain bike can't even handle it.

$300 mountain bike? oh hell no. I would fall down and get impaled by a tree.

definitely gonna need at least $5,000 mountain bike for some serious downhill riding. my $1,400 mountain bike can't even handle it.

Remember Midwest states are FLAT! :lol:

Eating donuts every nights (3am), and riding a bicycle with engine during the day... :hmm:

(___________y___________)

:laugh2:

Duuuuuuuuude.... I'm sooooooooo not fat..... at alllllllllllllllllll.... :shock:

I cheated on my diet and was upset about cheating because I don't eat badly, I don't hardly ever eat bad things! :mad: :( :mad:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.... not cool................. That is probably my biggest fear... Honestly.... :shock:

Duuuuuuuuude.... I'm sooooooooo not fat..... at alllllllllllllllllll.... :shock:

I cheated on my diet and was upset about cheating because I don't eat badly, I don't hardly ever eat bad things! :mad: :( :mad:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.... not cool................. That is probably my biggest fear... Honestly.... :shock:

:hmm: I'll double check with Jess. :P

In southern Illinois is the Shawnee National Forest. Earlier this winter I found a 5,000 sq. ft. church building for sale with power, water, and septic that was the last inholding in the Park. Nice hunk of land with a creek running through it right next to bike trail access. 30K. The idea was a Bike Club for the Deaf and Hoh community. I got zero response on the idea. So I am not for it any more. It would have been cool.

Here is the website for the existing Mountain Bike Club for the Shawnee National Forest. They are building more trails all the time. Shawnee Mountain Bike Association: Home

Very reasonable cost area to visit and buy groceries and so on. The park is great for camping and hiking as well and would be a blast in a central location with something to do besides eat and drink.

I have no interest in making money these are nonprofit in mind ideas. I have a nose for good land deals and have a never sell the land philosophy for various good reasons. Nonprofit owned land can be a gift for future generations of good times out in the natural world in a future where regular people will not be able to afford their own hunk of land.

I just did 17 miles and three miles with 10% grade uphill-non stop, what a great workout for my legs and lungs :lol: Ascend is 1,074 feet.

I am trying to road cycle as often as I can in order to get ready for annual 100 miles/day Primavera Classic which will occur on April 27th.

2CE53C25-238C-4428-901E-AE3C2A117173_zpsavmrttqe.jpg

roadcyclemorrisonhill_zpsc294bf04.jpg~original

Any of you are interested to join us for 100 miles Primavera Classic, please feel free to PM me!

DROOLING!!!

472.gif

Love Seinfield! I recognize the episode. I still watch the reruns nightly on local channel.

I used to love riding bike for miles in the city visiting my friends. 10 miles is longest I've ridden. I can't imagine 100 miles!

Back