Bicycle Thread for those who travel by bicycle

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, since spring is only a few weeks away, I thought I would go ahead and create a bicycle thread for those of us who love to ride bicycles. However-- since some of you also ride motorcycles, I'll allow those, too. :)

I'll start. A few days ago, I went to the bank, and then came back home. That is how this thread should go. Say where you went on your bicycle/motorcycle, and go from there.

I'm not going anywhere for a few months given the weather in my state. Yesterday I sat in my car for an hour with the engine running waiting for the line to move which didn't. It was more than two hours before I finally got home. No one is riding a bike in my state yet. However, in a month or two, I'm going to a bike shop for a hybrid bike. When I get that, I plan to ride beyond the bike path through possibly three cities to get back into shape. I think next week it starts melting. Felt warm when I left work today!

Laura

Today with the temperature of 80, I rode my bike to the mailbox and back. Felt good to be outside after being cooped up inside during the chill.

Last Sunday, I rode across the bridge from train station to Facebook Headquarters (25 miles roundtrip) with 15MPH wind, it was great challenge, and I had fun!

1385077_10152222077784875_421531198_n.jpg

What are you going to do if you were a bicyclist?

[yt]ZdDxjge5hmY[/yt]

I would say screw it I am going to Alaska and ride halfway across the state through stunning mountain passes and on frozen wild rivers on my Fat Bike. Where the air is fresh and clean even if it is a little below zero.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFaAqS2f18]Shocking Motorcycle Crash into Bicycles 4/27/2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Just one reason why motorcycle riding isn't for me, and also a good reason for a lawsuit and a lawyer.

Motorcycle riding is the best motorised way to travel, but it's only bad when you start riding it like an idiot.

I'd love to have a road bike, but I have no means to transport it long distances by car and can't afford one.

i have a car but cant afford a motorcycle as addition (need car for taking things like food and dog food lots of it, and dogs ofc (2 medium-large breeds)...but if had a windfall, id get a Ducati 659 in no time...and keep that

i have a car but cant afford a motorcycle as addition (need car for taking things like food and dog food lots of it, and dogs ofc (2 medium-large breeds)...but if had a windfall, id get a Ducati 659 in no time...and keep that

I've gone shopping on my Ninja plenty of times, even took it to school and ran errands at the same time. :)

oh about bicycles, I have one for 'walking-running my dogs'...and have a freind (Deaf) who BIKES around world some 3-4 times !! he kinda well-off so he can...but what a life..and well its also dangerous at times (we chat on FB live ashe goes on bus and all (get photos of the adventure) it's unreal, but he needed 'contact' so it helps him along.....kinda cool.... more cool is when he goes to winerys in Chile or Argentina (last week) he'd upload photos and we'd chat about it live of its ways, concrete Vats etc etc , really interesting stuff (as Im a wine buff myself) but me biking that far? nah...maybe in the South Island next summer - maybe, with him as a 'guide' due to his being experienced as a long distance cycle traveller, dont get me wrong 'm unfit, but I'm actually 'naturally fit' once i get into something I really get into it....

cheers

I've gone shopping on my Ninja plenty of times, even took it to school and ran errands at the same time. :)

same. I even delivered pizza home... plus notice grocery in my top case :lol:
2zje6gx.jpg

moving lot of stuff from my home to storage room
561106_10101778454180449_1799766147_n.jpg

same. I even delivered pizza home... plus notice grocery in my top case :lol:
2zje6gx.jpg

moving lot of stuff from my home to storage room
561106_10101778454180449_1799766147_n.jpg

Mine wasn't that fancy, I just wore various types and sizes of bags, depending on what needed to be transported. I have a large British DPM ruck I use for when I have a lot to bring with me or a small multicam assault pack I was issued for when I went to the gym, light shopping or to class.

On occasion I'd just bring a laptop bag, but that is a pain in the butt when you're riding 40 miles one way at 75+ MPH since it likes to catch the wind and go everywhere. I haven't dared try doing that with a purse since I'd likely lose everything in it all over the road..lol

Motorcycles are economic for running errands and yes, there is a point when you do need a car to move stuff, but if the weather back in Virginia had stayed nice, the car would have continued to rot in the garage because my bike was all I needed and the parking spots you can get on a motorcycle are simply the best (Sidewalk near doors or on the stripped area closest to the store near other bikes) :)

Bicycle thread...not motorcycles! I think there's a thread for motorcycles. Shouldn't you be posting there?

Motorcycle riding is the best motorised way to travel, but it's only bad when you start riding it like an idiot.

I'd love to have a road bike, but I have no means to transport it long distances by car and can't afford one.

Get a hitch on the stang for a hitch carrier to take the Ninja with you.
43961d1335587839-rear-hitch-motorcycle-carrier-mdx-carrier.jpg

m-iX-5lUBOuQhp0CmpDkawQ.jpg

Back