Being a grandma first time ever.

I am so thrilled today to learn that my new grandbaby ( I had a dream it will be a boy, so we wait and see if I am right) will be born around Aug 25th. Right now he is a peasize of blob with strong heartbeat. It will be my first grandchild and I am so freak out by this, being a grandma. Me being called a grandma????? I am way too young to be a grandma.

Anyone who are grandma or grandpa? Share and brag about their grandchildren here on AD.

Congratulations!

Congratulation on becoming a Grandmother. You might sometimes say that you don't want to be call Grandmother or Grandma because you think you are getting old but still young. My mother used to tell me that she did not want to be the Grandmother because she was not ready to become one. I was only 31 years old when my son was born. She gradually got used to the idea of being the Grandmother for my son. She was happy about it after. Now my mother had passed few years ago. Now I am a Grandmother of three granddaughters. I did not go through what my mother go through. I am just happy to have granddaughters. So now I am 63 years old and still growing old gracefully. :D <very happy>

Don't worry about the age thing. I became "Grammy" at age 43 years, and I was thrilled. :P

aww congratulation! Same as my mom was excited to be grandma for first time with my 1st son. She still feel like she's not grandma yet but she is. she look like 28's..

Congratulation on becoming a Grandmother. You might sometimes say that you don't want to be call Grandmother or Grandma because you think you are getting old but still young. My mother used to tell me that she did not want to be the Grandmother because she was not ready to become one. I was only 31 years old when my son was born. She gradually got used to the idea of being the Grandmother for my son. She was happy about it after. Now my mother had passed few years ago. Now I am a Grandmother of three granddaughters. I did not go through what my mother go through. I am just happy to have granddaughters. So now I am 63 years old and still growing old gracefully. :D <very happy>
Thanks!

I don't mind being called grandmother but I am still dealing with my empty nest syndrom with my last son so it is kind of hard to remind myself that my kids are now all grown up and into 20's. Maybe this is one reason why I feel not ready to be called grandmother cuz I am still miss being a mom. who knows but you have 3 granddaughters wow. I will be 48 in few weeks so I may be little old compare with some of my friends who already are grandmothers long time ago. I can't wait to see my new grandchild this summer. :)

aww....SWEET!!!!

Congratulations Jazzy!!!

Yes of course your grandchild will be saying-"I am so lucky to have my grandma around me"... you should be happy to have a grandchild around you...so this child would be looking up at you as a wonderful grandma... :)

Same thing I feel abt my grandmother... she is a wonderful lady and she did a very good job taking care of me when I was a little girl. Missed her so much!! :( She is always in my heart.

Thanks and if this is little girl then I will spoil her rotten if it is a boy then my husband can spoil him rotten with boy stuffs. Lol.

Yeah it is tough to lose someone closer to you especially your grandmother. I did not know my grandmothers very well because they lived faraway and we do not communicate much. I do think of them once awhile and wish I get to know them more. Thanks for sharing with me about you and your grandmother. ;)

aww congratulation! Same as my mom was excited to be grandma for first time with my 1st son. She still feel like she's not grandma yet but she is. she look like 28's..
Wow lucky her for being look alike 28's. I already have some gray hair so it is counted. :) Will she feels more grandmother when she has another grandbaby on the way for you? I am thrilled for you. :)

Don't worry about the age thing. I became "Grammy" at age 43 years, and I was thrilled. :P
Yeah I am beginning to accept the idea and started to enjoy this stage of my life. thanks again.

Just let you guys know, we became grandparents yesterday after anixous and crazy moment of our lives. Our grandson was born barely alive and not breath but he was made it out and rushed him to ICU. He will be out of ICU this afternoon and reunion with his mommy and daddy. I am still upset at those staffs for not doing their job right. My daughter in law should have c-section in first place. Today is new day and I am anioux to hold him for the first time and the baby and his new mommy will go home tomorrow. What a relief.

jazzy

Congrats! Hope the baby will be just fine!

I was a "grammy" at age 44...now I have 6!

They keep me young. And I have a "brag book" on all of 'em!

Just let you guys know, we became grandparents yesterday after anixous and crazy moment of our lives. Our grandson was born barely alive and not breath but he was made it out and rushed him to ICU. He will be out of ICU this afternoon and reunion with his mommy and daddy. I am still upset at those staffs for not doing their job right. My daughter in law should have c-section in first place. Today is new day and I am anioux to hold him for the first time and the baby and his new mommy will go home tomorrow. What a relief.

jazzy
Congratulations!

I'm sorry that your grandson's first hours were such a struggle. I pray that he will gain strength and have no more health problems. I hope your daughter in law is also well.

God bless your family. :hug:

jazzy

god bless you all! :grouphug:

Grandchildren are wonderful! Congrats!

I'm still rearing my own children, but I hope to me a grandma some day. I was very close to my grandmother. I hope that you have a special relationship like that with your grandchild.

That's cool.... I bet you're happy to be a grandma!!!

My Step mom and Dad is grandparents of four kids!!! And my parents are pretty young, my Dad is only 49 and my stepmom is only 50.

Their oldest grandson Mitch is only 14 (My older stepsister's son), then they have Brayden who's only 6 (My older stepsister's son as well), then comes my son, Tristan who's only 3 1/2, and then they finally have a granddaughter, Claire who's 6 months old (My younger stepsister's, she's a year younger than I am, (I'm 22 and she's 21))

Anyways, my Dad spoils my son while my stepmom spoils the granddaughter as she's the only granddaughter in the family. :giggle: So I can understand if you have a granddaughter, you'd be spoiling her or if you had a grandson, then ur husband would be spoiling him.

:D

Congrats once again.

Congratulations!

I'm sorry that your grandson's first hours were such a struggle. I pray that he will gain strength and have no more health problems. I hope your daughter in law is also well.

God bless your family. :hug:

Thank you for the prayer, we really need it. Mom is doing great tonight so is the baby. Both are reunited this afternoon and started breastfeeding him. He eats good so I am happy about that.

God bless you too :)

Grandchildren are wonderful! Congrats!

I'm still rearing my own children, but I hope to me a grandma some day. I was very close to my grandmother. I hope that you have a special relationship like that with your grandchild.
Me too I hope but my husband is more crazy over him and would hold him and not let me hold him. He will babysit him when his mommy goes back to work and me too can't stay home and take care of him.

Back