Being a grandma first time ever.

Oh I crochet, not knit. ;) granny of grandfurkids? Can you give me a hint on this one?

It's cool when you can crochet because you can make something for your 1st Grandchild...

Yes, I'm Granny of furkids... I call it because I found Kim as 6 weeks old kitten in the forest and adopted her as my fur-daughter. She had 4 kitten. I kept 2 of 4 kitten named Flecky & Blacky (see my signutuare) and call them as my Grandfurkids... :P

I am so thrilled today to learn that my new grandbaby ( I had a dream it will be a boy, so we wait and see if I am right) will be born around Aug 25th. Right now he is a peasize of blob with strong heartbeat. It will be my first grandchild and I am so freak out by this, being a grandma. Me being called a grandma????? I am way too young to be a grandma.

Anyone who are grandma or grandpa? Share and brag about their grandchildren here on AD.

Congratulations,jazzy

I have three grandsons 6 and 4 years old and 6 mos.

I know the feeling about being call grandma.I have the boys call me nana,I'm not ready to be call grandma I'm too young :D

I am so thrilled today to learn that my new grandbaby ( I had a dream it will be a boy, so we wait and see if I am right) will be born around Aug 25th. Right now he is a peasize of blob with strong heartbeat. It will be my first grandchild and I am so freak out by this, being a grandma. Me being called a grandma????? I am way too young to be a grandma.

Anyone who are grandma or grandpa? Share and brag about their grandchildren here on AD.

Congrats on becoming grandma, Jazzy!

I am not a grandmother but my oldest sister is. She has a granddaughter (she's two and a half years old..) and another one on the way. She is so excited to have another granddaughter or grandson, which is due in the end of July. We can't wait!!! But it makes me feel like I am an old Great Aunt. :lol:

Again, congrats!!!

gerg.gif

:lol: Too bad they don't have an emoticon that depicates an old lady.

I have two grandsons, ages 12 and 14 years.

WOW! You can also become a great grandmother too!

Congrats Jazzy!

Now is the time to buy the photo album book called, "Grandma's Brag Book." :giggle:

:lol:

I'm not a grandmother yet.

Your post reminded me how my mother reacted. When I told her I was pregnant, the first time. She was happy then she was like "I'm gonna be a grandma!" excited as she was about this. It made her realize that she is actually going to be a Grandma!

It was funny took her some time to get use to it. After I had her she would not say for the longest time that she was. She went around and instead of saying this is my granddaughter she would say this. "This is my daughter's daughter." it took her a while to eventually say "This is my granddaughter"

I just though how funny it was for my Mom to do that. I still laugh and pick on my Mom about that.

Congratulations!!
Wow your mom was not ready to be grandmother then now she loves it. It is still too early for me to feel this way yet, but of course I am so exciting to have another baby in the family (our own's kid) for me to love and to feel being grandma almost. I don't know how I will feel when the baby born, will I feel this or there?. Somethng is new for me explore, I guess. I think it was easier for me to become mother, but being grandmother ohhh something I am not familiar with it yet. :) Thanks again.

Furkids sound like animals probably she has two grandkitties.

Congrats, jazzy!
u're lucky going to be young grandma.
I got it now thanks. :) Am I lucky to be a young grandma? wow I am thinking who is unlucky not to be a grandma? I hope my grandchild will feel this way about me, " I am so lucky to have my grandma around me".

i remmy that one time , my mom said that she dont wanna grandma cuz of feel too old and all but i told her that one day she will and here she is, a nana!! XD and love her grandson so much hahah
Exactly that is how I feel right now, I don't want to feel that old yet. Lol. :)

It's cool when you can crochet because you can make something for your 1st Grandchild...

Yes, I'm Granny of furkids... I call it because I found Kim as 6 weeks old kitten in the forest and adopted her as my fur-daughter. She had 4 kitten. I kept 2 of 4 kitten named Flecky & Blacky (see my signutuare) and call them as my Grandfurkids... :P
I got it you have little babies at your home. That is so neat to be called Granny of furkids... I love it.

I am thinking about doing some baby quilting cuz I have tons of fabric and they sit in closet forever. Or make teddy bear or something like that. I have plenty of time but first I am waiting on their decision what kind of deocrate they are going to put in the baby room before I make the decision and do some quilting. Honestly with you I like knit more than crochet because they are more softer and stronger.

Congratulations,jazzy

I have three grandsons 6 and 4 years old and 6 mos.

I know the feeling about being call grandma.I have the boys call me nana,I'm not ready to be call grandma I'm too young :D
Thanks! I am not sure what this little kid is going to call me yet. I am sure I am going to teach her/him a sign, maybe a make up sign so I don't feel that old yet. We will see.

Congrats on becoming grandma, Jazzy!

I am not a grandmother but my oldest sister is. She has a granddaughter (she's two and a half years old..) and another one on the way. She is so excited to have another granddaughter or grandson, which is due in the end of July. We can't wait!!! But it makes me feel like I am an old Great Aunt. :lol:

Again, congrats!!!
I am also a great aunt of many, I lost the count of them. Oldest great nephew is 15 and youngest great nephew who is 4 months old. I am way too poor to send everyone a gift cuz I can not keep up with growing families. I love them all and blessed to be called a great aunt and many more will come.

Thanks for your sharing, so neat to read here. I enjoyed it very much and thank you for congratulation.

Congrats Jazzy!

Now is the time to buy the photo album book called, "Grandma's Brag Book." :giggle:
thanks. ;) I want to buy a new camera to download on the computer but they are way so expensive ( I perfer Cannon or Nikon) I have this old camera from back in early 80's, it is worn and loved it. I wanted to take picture of black and white or brown and white, something to be creative and put in grandma's brag book. lol. I like the idea!. Thanks. :)

thanks. ;) I want to buy a new camera to download on the computer but they are way so expensive ( I perfer Cannon or Nikon) I have this old camera from back in early 80's, it is worn and loved it. I wanted to take picture of black and white or brown and white, something to be creative and put in grandma's brag book. lol. I like the idea!. Thanks. :)

This link will take you to the book. If you don't like the style of the book--you can Google-- "Grandma's Brag book" and you will get a lot of books and styles to choose from.

Grandma's Brag Book: Many Styles

aww....SWEET!!!!

Congratulations Jazzy!!!

Yes of course your grandchild will be saying-"I am so lucky to have my grandma around me"... you should be happy to have a grandchild around you...so this child would be looking up at you as a wonderful grandma... :)

Same thing I feel abt my grandmother... she is a wonderful lady and she did a very good job taking care of me when I was a little girl. Missed her so much!! :( She is always in my heart.

Back