Ban on Hugging!

I don't think it's banned in my country :shrug: I remember back in high school bf/gf weren't meant to kiss/make out... but apart from that, holding hands and hugging has never been banned or some sort of...

when I first saw this I thought it said a ban on huggies, and thought theres gonna be alot of pissed off old folks out there :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I think the ban on hugging is ridiculous - and the potential repercussions are vastly more bad than good!

Firstly, touch is a vital psychological need for humans - imagine growing up, never getting a hug from a friend, a parent or a even a pat on the back. How would you feel about yourself, or about other people? Would you have strong friendships, or just have many people who know your name and give a smile to?

Second, using the argument of 'sexual harrassment' is just lousy. "Exploring sexuality" arguments aside, school children of a young age don't go about to one another and think; "Wow, what a sexy bod! I'm gonna grab a piece of that!" Seriously, all you need are guidelines about what is not acceptable - and that should be more to protect children from abuse from adults than to restrain children from being happy, loving kids!

As for the spread of disease - banning hugging to stop the spread of the latest media-craze disease is like banning all driving in any weather to cut down on rain-related accidents. If the child has a disease that is bad enough to warrant banning hugging, the child should stay home to recover. Washing hands and other hygeine practises is enough, because even with kids it is easy to say "if you have a sniffle, don't hug your friends or you could make them sick too".

That's my rant about it. :roll:

My 4 years granddaughter love to hug her friends and she is going to school in the fall. How you do tell a four years old it wrong to hug your friends and she already has a lot of friends!

yeah that is so dumb rule

i remmy when i was kids i hugs other kids lot there nothing wrong to hug friends.

it is so sad no huggings are allowed and we won't learn how to give affections and carings

Sad thing is, this doesn't surprise me. Hugging, though, shouldn't be banned. I mean, unless it was middle schoolers or high schoolers practically groping one another. Geez.

What Really Bothers Me

I have been surprised and also very hurt many times, when (it seems like) Hearing people often (but not always) find something wrong with hugging. The word that is used most often is "inappropriate." As if something more than friendship were automatically implied. I often find myself feeling very uncomfortable in such situations.

I honestly think it's stupid! I mean in Middle School and in High School, my friends and I hugged alot, as to greet each other and to tell each other good bye. As for now, We do still hug each other when we see eachother and when we depart. It's just natural for us, we like being affectionate.

I'm just stunned that schools would go this far, ban hugging! To me, that would make people be more cold toward to each other, to be nonaffectionate. Think about the couples... they would get into trouble if they hug each other... how rediculous is that? I'm just grateful that I gradurated in 2006, not having to deal with this crap!

interesting :shock: I never heard anything like that in my entire life I find it to be stupid... oh well at least kids wud learn how to hug but if they don't become affectionable at young age then they wud be confused with what to do when they get older? :P

No hugging???!!!

:shock:Some people are so SOOOOOO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next they will start banning so many other things, maybe sign language (not to affend) because it looks like gang signs to people who don't know sign language, and maybe even ban greeting each other, if you are too friendly it might be flirting which could be sexual harassment also, if they have a real reason that people could understand then they should explain more.

this is so stupid and dumb,you have allowed to hug in school,that is the dumb thing that i read before and i can't believe it.

Why makin' things soo hard on children nowdays ? I mean, WHY?? Why can't they just find another way to resolve instead of bannin' hugs ? I think it is really ridiculous. I am glad I graduated in 1979. Thank goodness!

I disagree to see that the children are owned by the government. The children belonged to their parents and their parents' hugs are the children's biologically huggings! I mean, It's the parents who developed the hugs in children to learn about the love/affectionate. That's communicatin'.

It's sad to see some schools that are breakin' down on children's communication for affectionate. I am more concerned how that will affect children's future. It's wrong for the schools to destroy what the natural parents have taught their own children at home.

Back