Balance issues anyone?

yes, ADJUSTABLE - there's a good idea! I don't personally need a lower surface but someone who uses a wheelchair - or who is Little Person - may need that.

the other day, a woman told me at the university that she has lost 20% of her hearing on both ears due to sinus infection, so yeah it is not unusual but its not that common either.

The connection between sinuses and ears and also throats are through tubes that are all connected under our skin and muscle.

Hence the reason why they have ear nose and throat doctors. Otolarynologists, they are called. :eek3:

If one is affected, the other two are as well.

.....even had my own ear doctor say that any of those three can have an effect on our hearing.

With me if I have an ear ache, my nose runs and my throat feels sore. If I have allergies, my nose congests and my ear throbs and throat is scratchy, if my throat is sore both nose and ear is affected. :roll:

It's just a never ending cycle with me! arrgh!

Balance issues--I have them! Anyone else?

I fell off a step ladder today while cleaning. Fortunately, I broke my fall and didn't break anything. I used to have great balance but it's getting worse over time. I had my HAs in. I guess that I'm going to have to be more careful. I'm not getting back on that ladder today!

I'm sorry about this, but am glad you're okay. :) I agree with Jiro. It could be a matter of getting older. I have balance issues myself, but I think they are due to the progressive loss of my hearing. One thing you may want to check into is the possibility of fluid in the ears. Sometimes feeling off balance can signal the start of an ear infection.

The connection between sinuses and ears and also throats are through tubes that are all connected under our skin and muscle.

Hence the reason why they have ear nose and throat doctors. Otolarynologists, they are called. :eek3:

If one is affected, the other two are as well.

.....even had my own ear doctor say that any of those three can have an effect on our hearing.

With me if I have an ear ache, my nose runs and my throat feels sore. If I have allergies, my nose congests and my ear throbs and throat is scratchy, if my throat is sore both nose and ear is affected. :roll:

It's just a never ending cycle with me! arrgh!

I can relate on all counts! Ugh! :(

Hear Again,

Why can't we live without heads?!

....right now is allergy season and I live in a state that produces corn and soy. LOTS of them.

Corn Pollen is the worse.

:dizzy:

Hear Again,

....right now is allergy season and I live in a state that produces corn and soy. LOTS of them.

don't you wish there's filter for your nose? :lol:

Hear Again,

Hey you! Same state as me. One word. "Zyrtec" Modern miracle. Still need my asthma inhaler though. :wave:

Hey you! Same state as me. One word. "Zyrtec" Modern miracle. Still need my asthma inhaler though. :wave:

Very true Bott! I don't know where I'd be without my allergy med, daily inhaler and rescue inhaler. As you know, I'm newly diagnosed with asthma, but I've had problems with allergies, my ears, etc. for as long as I can remember. Oops. Sorry for going a little off topic...

Hear Again,

LOL! I wish! This season has been just awful for allergies. My GP told me most of her patients have been complaining of very bad allergies. I was able to get along just fine on my allergy meds alone for the past 2 years, but this spring, I started having more difficulty, so she prescribed a daily inhaler and a rescue inhaler which I use in addition to the allergy med. Now I feel so much better although I am struggling a bit right now. I have year round allergies, but I do have to say I'm looking forward to the cooler, rainy weather so I (and the rest of us!) can get a break!

:ty::hug:, HA! In the last couple of years have had more serious reactions to a variety of things and now carry Benedryl with me.
Had balance issue yesterday w/folk's steps and not sure if it was due to allergies, my hearing loss or simply being very tired that day....will have to see if it happens again.

don't you wish there's filter for your nose? :lol:

YES!! :lol: Goes along with nose tampons for nose bleeds. LOL

Bottes,

I'm going to try that out. :bowdown:

One problem with me is the severe grogginess I get from the allergy meds. I hate feeling tired and dragging @$$ all day. I can't get anything done that way.

Sally, I had problem with my balance since I was born. Because of usher syndrome and profound deaf. I fell off the bike many times! I stopped ride on the bike for since 2 years. I got CI last June. My balance is improve than before. Because I can hear the sound with ci when I step on stairs. It unlike my previous hearing aids. My husband said I always walk too loud like cow or elephant. LoL Now I can hear my walk. It's helping me a lot!

Back