Balance issues anyone?

I have basically no sense of balance. I only balance using methods I've been taught, but sometimes, especially when I'm tired, I get lazy and stumble, or take a hard turn into a straight wall which should be easy to avoid. Sometimes I just walk straight into something because it I don't, I will fall into it instead. In these times, I look drunk. I have suddenly sit on stairs many times, almost every day. In modern times, I practice using Wii Fit with balance program. My sister taught. She thought I am too fat, but the balance feature is even more useful to me. I hope I lose weight though because my weight is affecting my health bad ways, but it gives me padding when I fall. :)

AIED...Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease
possibility......I have this condition as a side effect of rheumatoid arthritis. As aging both got worse. Especially during a flareup.
diet and exercise help......avoiding flareups....also figured out that tylenol really throws my balance off..acetaminephen.Used to eat it like candy but gave it up.
winter low pressure storm systems mess things up......especially when one after another on and on.
just something to research and keep journal.

Yes, I've had my ears checked recently, so it's not wax. I'm lucky not to have wax problems even with my HAs.

I have good balance when I'm doing yoga, but I'm concentrating real hard. It's when I'm going about my daily business that I get hurt.

I've wondered how Wii Fit is. Can you tell me more about it, SerendipityG3A? Good for you working on it. :D

Yes, I've had my ears checked recently, so it's not wax. I'm lucky not to have wax problems even with my HAs.

I have good balance when I'm doing yoga, but I'm concentrating real hard. It's when I'm going about my daily business that I get hurt.

I've wondered how Wii Fit is. Can you tell me more about it, SerendipityG3A? Good for you working on it. :D

I was doing yoga long before I ever try Wii Fit, but I learn Wii Fit is very helpful because it show me how well I balance in a lot of detail, and help me to improve much quick! It also keeping track my progress, tell me my BMI, weight, time spend exercise, have 4 categories to exercise. Yoga, balance (they are different), aerobic, strength. Each category have more routines every time you exercise. The yoga trainer talk with subtitles. There is one pose not able to see the screen because my face is by my feet, but I compensate with the other poses. I just like to watch how my balance on the screen to make adjustments. It keep track your top 10 best you did on each pose, and tell you what you can do to improve. It keep track each exercise in other categories too. Warning! It tell you harsh if you obese, and make your Mii look huge huge bloat about to explode!

Oh, no! That's brutal! Despite that, it sounds like a good tool. Thanks for the info. I'm going to check it out. :D

Oh, no! That's brutal! Despite that, it sounds like a good tool. Thanks for the info. I'm going to check it out. :D

If a friend have Wii Fit, you can try before you buy. I did, and now I have my own :)

LOL It's brutal, but it encourages me to lose weight so some day I don't have to see it :giggle:

Yea. My philosophy is that it doesn't matter how you exercise as long as you just keep on moving.

Unfortunately, I also like to reward myself with cookies. LOL!

Yea. My philosophy is that it doesn't matter how you exercise as long as you just keep on moving.

Unfortunately, I also like to reward myself with cookies. LOL!

Here is your cookie!

thecookie.jpg

My balance isnt too bad, I cannot walk straight in the dark and sometimes in daylight. My balance is bad on uneven surfaces plus rubbish balance on wii fit?

Wii fit trainer got subtitles?????? I havent seen

My balance isnt too bad, I cannot walk straight in the dark and sometimes in daylight. My balance is bad on uneven surfaces plus rubbish balance on wii fit?

Wii fit trainer got subtitles?????? I havent seen

On the bottom of the screen while yoga instructor talking with mouth closed.

I was walking on the boardwalk down town with my dog once and I lost my balance , people looked at me like I was drunk! I bet be careful and not get pulled over for speeding , as I can't walk in a straight line! I do not speed for this reason!!

I meant to write better not bet!

I cannot balance myself on Treadmill without hold the handler. :( I was requesting to mod to lock my thread because some of them made fun of it! :giggle:

I wish homes are built in certain ways so we don't have to ladders at all. Is there such thing? I'm even afraid for my husband when he climb up the ladder.

I hate to say it, but it is part of aging. But you can still practice your balance, you'll just have to concentrate harder.

oh, I had a wii fit too, My 8 years old is having a hard time balancing himself with it.

this is another reason im abit iffy about cochlear implants, its possible for CI to make it worse....

I have one, and still have good balance. I have LOTS of stairs to climb around my house too (inside and outside)

I think my balance is the same before I had CI... but I am 32 years old, so I doubt my decent balance will last very long.

there are design plans in architecture that incorporate the concept of "universal design", < although I don't know if that includes LP's> meaning the layout of a facility is set out so people with mobility/balance issues can use it. I don't know how that would incorporate ladders, but mostly focuses on things like hall/doorway width, lack of stairs, lower counter-tops, sink and bathroom accessibility.

there are design plans in architecture that incorporate the concept of "universal design", < although I don't know if that includes LP's> meaning the layout of a facility is set out so people with mobility/balance issues can use it. I don't know how that would incorporate ladders, but mostly focuses on things like hall/doorway width, lack of stairs, lower counter-tops, sink and bathroom accessibility.

Adjustable countertops would be better. Countertops too low make me bend over and give me a back ache.

Back