Bakers refuse to makes wedding cakes for same sex couples

Status
Not open for further replies.
"smart business move"? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

oh dear oh dear.... good find, crazypaul.

Like I said......

Yes. Moving their business to a home business was a smart move.

There is no way to judge whether or not this was a smart move otherwise. Many people value their integrity over $. Given that people have different priorities and morals the issue of whether or not denying a service is a smart move is quite subjective.

perspective? CP merely posted a fact that disputed your claim. profit went down. clearly. they lost customers. clearly.

and what's your perspective on that?

No. CP posted a blog that claimed profit and sales were down.

Yes. Moving their business to a home business was a smart move.

There is no way to judge whether or not this was a smart move otherwise. Many people value their integrity over $. Given that people have different priorities and morals the issue of whether or not denying a service is a smart move is quite subjective.

no way to judge whether or not if this was a smart move? and yet you said it's a smart move? :dizzy:

but you said perspective. obviously you and I have a different perspective. sounds like you're asking me to read your mind.

that's why I'm asking you for your perspective.

1) You are confusing the 2 posts. Reread the post you quoted.

2) I am not referring to my perspective, nor yours. :)

Last edited:
Nah, I will let you try to figure it out. :) Hint: Perspective.

I'm asking you for your perspective as I cannot read your mind and since we both have different perspectives.

I'm asking you for your perspective as I cannot read your mind and since we both have different perspectives.

:lol: It's not about my perspective. And frankly it is not of interest or benefit to me to clarify this for you. You are stating that this blog is fact....that is exactly what Billy and the baker want you to believe so I am ok with that. :)

And again, they did nothing to "hurt" this couple. They merely stated that catering gay weddings is not a service they provide. They even stated that they have no issue selling products to gay people. I think you may be misunderstanding the article.

that is so typical of you, who said I am a misunderstanding gal. :) this is America, and it needs us, by making businesses so well and put their preference of all type of craps away and focusing on keep America healthy. Needless to say, Those who prefers their beliefs are making it bitter for America. Nice going for him, for America.

that is so typical of you, who said I am a misunderstanding gal. :) this is America, and it needs us, by making businesses so well and put their preference of all type of craps away and focusing on keep America healthy. Needless to say, Those who prefers their beliefs are making it bitter for America. Nice going for him, for America.

Again, the baker's rights to their beliefs are constitutionally protected. Remember it was the gay couple that forced THEIR beliefs by filing a complaint. They could have sought the services of another bakery. They baker didn't try to change the gay couple's way of life....they merely said "we don't want to be a part of it." But the gay couple DID try to change the way of life of the baker...forcing them to go against their personal beliefs. So, you see the intolerance and bitterness actually came from the gay couple who were intolerant of the baker's religion.

Indeed, we are. Baker is the one who refused to serve the same sex marriage for a simple cake.

They could have just made the cake and peed in it or spit in it....something vindictive. Instead they were honest with the couple and chose to exercise rights guaranteed to them by the U.S. constitution. If it was just a simple cake then they gay couple should be able to find another bakery. Why was the gay couple so intolerant? That is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back