updates:

Golden Globes win for best pictures

im hope will find out on SAG awards this Jan.23 and Academy Awards will be on March 7 to find out

my mom and I saw it together and we both it was really good! We saw the 3-D one.

Hmm, speaking of terrorism, interesting that James Cameron, maker of Avatar, believes in eco-terrorism.

Cameron hearts ecoterrorism ? WHAT WOULD TOTO WATCH?

Everyone who wish to read the interview mentioned in the quote above, here it is. The magazine arrived today and I scanned the page with the interview on it.

Now everyone can get a better idea of what the interview is about. It's up to y'all to form an opinion on what he meant when he said that though.

Myself, I don't think the blogger got the gist of it.

Speaking of Avatar...George Lucas was so impressed by the 3D IMAX technology they used for that movie so...he wanted to use that on Star Wars.

One question remains, was he talking about the old star wars or rather the new Star Wars? who knows...I rather the new star wars cause I dont feel like watching the ones I've already seen more than 50 times already.

This morning, I watched "Aliens of the Deep" on TV. It was released 2005. I learned that James Cameron made this short film. Most real life video from deep sea. Almost end of film. They showed "not real life underwater" story for approx 10 minutes. Beautiful for last +10 minutes.

I guess that James Cameron tried to test for very short story at end of film. It much like Avatar's tech and colorful. Wow, I did not know that they made in 2004 or earlier.

Aliens_of_the_Deep_poster.JPG

anyone seen avatar 3d? imagine the marine being deaf in the beginning of the movie...would be cool uh?

sorry didnt see previous post...

i have seen avatar 3d twice and it wouldnt take much to talk me into taking anyone to see it again :)

I still confuse about kind of 3D. Avatar movie includes 2D, Digital 3D, IMAX 3D and Real 3D. Which one is better for one of four 3D?

I still confuse about kind of 3D. Avatar movie includes 2D, Digital 3D, IMAX 3D and Real 3D. Which one is better for one of four 3D?

We saw three different movie at IMAX with 3D and Real 3D (same as Digital 3D) and film "2D". I was in Digital 3D (Real 3D) for short time.

1) IMAX 3D becasuse beautiful and very strong vibration. - Always SOLD OUT during weekend.
2) Digital 3D (Real 3D) give excellent image but does not give strong vibration. - about same as film's sound/vibration
3) Last one Film with Caption - not excellent sharp image - dull color and some scratches on film and not excellent vibration
4) Film "2D" is almost never sold out - 60% empty seats at small screen.

IMAX has bigger speakers/woof at behind screen. My son said that IMAX has 7 feet tall speaker/woof boxes.

My friend asked me, "Wanna to go out to see Avatar at IMAX". I told him still sold out!!!

Our Local - they have IMAX with digital version with bigger speaker/woof. They do not use 70mm film. They have two different type of Digital Projectors with low and higher resolution. Most threaters have older digital projector. Some Threater got and install new projector with (upgrade) better resolution.
My son works as Projector Tech at AMC/Lowe's. Also, he is part time college student for his primary major in Chemical Engineering.

Recently, I asked my son about resolution. My son said that they have 3 different type of projectors. Digital Projector used to have 2000 and "fake" 4000 resolution. Soon, they will get Digital Projector with full 4000 resolution. All 3 machines are filmless. He showed me Ext Hard Drive with label trailer "Ironman 2".

update:

Avator still on 1st box office for 6th straighten weeks!! But i think this movie will going blockbuster!!

Weekend Gross:$36,000,000 and Cumulative gross:$552,797,000

I forget to add message.

My son said that Digital is flat screen.
IMAX has curve screen

Most people prefer to see movie at IMAX over Digital.

I forget to add message.

My son said that Digital is flat screen.
IMAX has curve screen

Most people prefer to see movie at IMAX over Digital.

No Avatar Imax 3D movie is available somewhere in Ohio. :(

Cincinnati, OH - one movie threater and one for museum only (no movie)
Springdale, OH
Columbus, OH - two different threaters
Cleveland - not sure how many
Dayton, OH - museum only (No Avatar or any movie)
Perrysburg, OH - Other title of movie "The Lovely Bones"

Back