Autonomous cars (driveless)

do you need a license for that? it probably will never be on sale, because transport authorities won't like it since they losing control of people.....

Like any new technology, I'll be waiting until it has gone through more than a few rounds of revision before I would purchase. I'm sure there are going to be safety bugs to work out with this issue.

It's interesting though that we don't have the right to drive(And, I certainly think we should). What happens when people are forced to only use this technology and can't drive for themselves?

I'm sure in the future alldeaf is going to have some good conversations about this subject.

Like any new technology, I'll be waiting until it has gone through more than a few rounds of revision before I would purchase. I'm sure there are going to be safety bugs to work out with this issue.

It's interesting though that we don't have the right to drive(And, I certainly think we should). What happens when people are forced to only use this technology and can't drive for themselves?

I'm sure in the future alldeaf is going to have some good conversations about this subject.
It will drastically cut insurance costs if less accidents, no speeding, no moving violations whatsoever...ect... Less fatalities, less medical liabilities...ect....

You beat me to it - here is the article about but awesome!

The car Google built

eepoyzuo2ffkt0dtflxz.jpg
:giggle:

​Why Google's Self-Driving Car Will Fail

It will drastically cut insurance costs if less accidents, no speeding, no moving violations whatsoever...ect... Less fatalities, less medical liabilities...ect....

Insurance companies will never lower cost. And, just because you didn't drive it doesn't mean you don't own it if there is an accident.

Society or civilization as a whole for that matter would really do away with the money making concept of, "fault"?

Insurance companies will never lower cost. And, just because you didn't drive it doesn't mean you don't own it if there is an accident.

Society or civilization as a whole for that matter would really do away with the money making concept of, "fault"?

Less claims = cheaper insurance.

My insurance was $160 per month in 2005 but went down to just $80 per month now, both are full coverage.

Less claims = cheaper insurance.

My insurance was $160 per month in 2005 but went down to just $80 per month now, both are full coverage.

Less claims == more revenue for insurance companies.

A far as I know, there is no law requiring an insurance company to give back money.

Do you think they lobby for a seat belt law so you can give less money?

Businesses don't work that way.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlpPR_GgwEc[/ame]
Demolition Man (1993) - Google driverless car, iPad and Skype in the year 2032

:hmm:

Less claims == more revenue for insurance companies.

A far as I know, there is no law requiring an insurance company to give back money.

Do you think they lobby for a seat belt law so you can give less money?

Businesses don't work that way.

$80 per month for car insurance is false hope to you?

$80 per month for car insurance is false hope to you?

$960 a year is the current rate, not a discount.

I'm curious. How do you think they factor in what the rate should be? Obviously, the rates don't seem to fluctuate by the number of accidents because the same number of accidents do not occur every year.

However, they do fluctuate by car type and age of driver(both of which which should be illegal).

I'm curious. How do you think they factor in what the rate should be? Obviously, the rates don't seem to fluctuate by the number of accidents because the same number of accidents do not occur every year.

However, they do fluctuate by car type and age of driver(both of which which should be illegal).
the insurance cost doesn't "fluctuate" like stock market. there is a specific formula set by actuary to calculate for each person. and the number of accidents in a specific area does actually affect the cost of insurance. that's why NYC insurance is much higher than NJ and it's only 5 min away. that's why the guy sold his motorcycle to me because he could not afford $1,000+ a year for motorcycle insurance whereas.... mine costs me only about $250/year.

bottom line - your insurance cost is determined by -

1. type of car you own (what brand? used or new? etc.)
2. your driving history
3. your accident history
4. your home location
5. your driving habit (commuting during rush hour = higher price)
6. your parking location
7. your insurance package option
8. your state law regarding insurance coverage for property damage, bodily injury liability, etc.
9. ?

It is MUCH BETTER deal than many other auto insurance, even I can get Mustang car for $5 to $10 extra monthly.

The insurance is getting cheaper when you hit 25th birthday but it was expensive when you were teen and very young adult.

It is MUCH BETTER deal than many other auto insurance, even I can get Mustang car for $5 to $10 extra monthly.

The insurance is getting cheaper when you hit 25th birthday but it was expensive when you were teen and very young adult.
It applies the same here - my SUV costs me around $1,000+ a year.

Here is another reason why I am buddy up with Soco... Old vehicles are better than new... here is why!

Kinda scary, image if your actually behind wheel, trusted computer taking care of you, and you fell asleep... bam! woke up in hospital... who to blame? Somebody that hacked your vehicle!

Your car is a giant computer - and it can be hacked - Jun. 1, 2014

And no one care because you are worry too much for everything. Btw, Not all new have built-in wireless.

Go already to buy a old car with 15 MPG because you hate computer. I think you need rid of your Android because it got high malware than iOS and BB. Maybe you need rid of PC because it's high virus than Linux and OSX. Maybe you need to live in Amish area because they don't have technology at all.

Back