AT&T/Cingular's new mobile service plan for hearing impaired

deafclimber

Reaction score
hi yall. been long time not being in alldeaf.com for some times. it is good to be back for some times, anyway.

we now provide new mobile plan for hearing impaired customer. it is TAP which stands for Text Accessibility Plan. 30 dollars bucks unlimited data plan with 5000 text messenges and 40 cents per minute - voice call. you can get any type of PDAs or smart mobiles except BlackBerry devices.

if you want that plan or have questions about it, you may call NCCD at cingular.
The National Center for Customers with Disabilities (NCCD)

or email - NCCDSupport@cingular.com

Good Luck !

i will try to be back to here as long as i can if u have some questions. thanks.

hi yall. been long time not being in alldeaf.com for some times. it is good to be back for some times, anyway.

we now provide new mobile plan for hearing impaired customer. it is TAP which stands for Text Accessibility Plan. 30 dollars bucks unlimited data plan with 5000 text messenges and 40 cents per minute - voice call. you can get any type of PDAs or smart mobiles except BlackBerry devices.

if you want that plan or have questions about it, you may call NCCD at cingular.

Good Luck !

i will try to be back to here as long as i can if u have some questions. thanks.

Welcome back to AD...

Off topic, Do you own Xbox 360?

Welcome back to AD...

Off topic, Do you own Xbox 360?

HI THERE... no not yet.. more possible at end of summer before halo 3 will release on nov. i cant miss halo 3. sometimes i play halo 2 on xbox live since then.

my gamertag is silentcragger. :)

Good Luck !

Why no blackberry?

What about WWW and IM?

JSG

Why no blackberry?

What about WWW and IM?

JSG

WWW ? if u mean internet, internet is unlimited... IM ? yes if you have third party program like IM+ or Agile Messenger.

Personally i have Cingular 8125 with agile messenger that runs aim, msnim, yim, gim(google) and other several ims.

edited: sorry. i forget to add about BB.

i do not know why but i think it is because BB server is different from mobile server. i think they are working on to make the match with TAP for BB users. i will let you know if any news for BB user. thanks.

HI THERE... no not yet.. more possible at end of summer before halo 3 will release on nov. i cant miss halo 3. sometimes i play halo 2 on xbox live since then.

my gamertag is silentcragger. :)

For sure, that awesome.

I'm get Halo 3 too... Just visit gaming forum in AD.

Sorry for off topic.

WWW ? if u mean internet, internet is unlimited... IM ? yes if you have third party program like IM+ or Agile Messenger.

Personally i have Cingular 8125 with agile messenger that runs aim, msnim, yim, gim(google) and other several ims.

edited: sorry. i forget to add about BB.

i do not know why but i think it is because BB server is different from mobile server. i think they are working on to make the match with TAP for BB users. i will let you know if any news for BB user. thanks.
Cingular 8125? it look like MDA style.. but it isn't :) anyway Do you really like it? how Cingular 8125 's keyboard you feel?? How do you feel about ATT adpoted Cingular? just let me know how you and att get along for service.. Because att sometime rip it off...thus, I hope not that att rip you off about payments..

Hello,

For the Cingular 8125, you need to download AIM for a one time fee right? And with everything, it will cost approx 30 dollars monthly, right?

How much for that thing?

Cingular 8125? it look like MDA style.. but it isn't :) anyway Do you really like it? how Cingular 8125 's keyboard you feel?? How do you feel about ATT adpoted Cingular? just let me know how you and att get along for service.. Because att sometime rip it off...thus, I hope not that att rip you off about payments..

Cingular 8125 is a sister of tmobile MDA. both are made from HTC in taiwan(www.htcamerica.net). their other sister is 6700s that Verizon and Sprint provide. all are just different styles. all have same o/s which is Windows Mobile 5.0. i have loved my 8125. its keyboard is good. i think 8525s keyboard is more better than 8125s. i plan to get 8525 next few month because i want faster network which is 3G.

I do not understand why you think AT&T rips me off ? it was just old AT&T wireless that was different from cingular that bought ATT wireless. We changed everything from AT&T wireless. SBC acquired old ATT and SBC changed its own name to new at&t. because at&t is a global name. since at&t acquired bellsouth, cingular became a unity of at&t. yea it is sad to see Cingular's name is changed to at&t. but i look foward to seeing a new opporunity in at&t for mu future job.

Hello,

For the Cingular 8125, you need to download AIM for a one time fee right? And with everything, it will cost approx 30 dollars monthly, right?

How much for that thing?

yes, you need to download third party software like agile messenger or AIM(your own favorite IM program) on any device with WM 5.0 like 8125 or 8525 or Palm 750c.

yes it is 30 dollars per month for data plan(internet, aim or any IM program & your own emails) and 5k text messenges.

yes, you need to download third party software like agile messenger or AIM(your own favorite IM program) on any device with WM 5.0 like 8125 or 8525 or Palm 750c.

yes it is 30 dollars per month for data plan(internet, aim or any IM program & your own emails) and 5k text messenges.

Thanks for the info...

How much is the 8525? It looks like it has a lot more capabilty than the 8125.

The T-Mobile Sidekick has an interface website to do some work on the desktop computer. I wonder if Cingular provides the same service?

Thanks for the info...

How much is the 8525? It looks like it has a lot more capabilty than the 8125.

8525 costs more than 8125. 8525 costs 550 bucks without contract. 8125 costs 500 bucks without contract. both have same features.. only different is network..

8525 is interchangeable on both 3G UMTS/HSDPA and GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks for global coverage.

8125 is GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks for global coverage.

3G network is faster than EDGE.

The T-Mobile Sidekick has an interface website to do some work on the desktop computer. I wonder if Cingular provides the same service?

yes

8525 costs more than 8125. 8525 costs 550 bucks without contract. 8125 costs 500 bucks without contract. both have same features.. only different is network..

8525 is interchangeable on both 3G UMTS/HSDPA and GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks for global coverage.

8125 is GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks for global coverage.

3G network is faster than EDGE.

yes

I wanted to point out that 8525 does not have the same feature as 8125.

8525 have faster processor and more interal rams than the 8125.

And the keyboard layout is a little different which is supposely to be better keyboard than the 8125.

The 8525 does have a high speed 3G network but it is not widely avaiable in USA yet and limited to mostly major cities but you still can use it on older slower network until your area is upgraded to 3G network.

Bill

I do not understand why you think AT&T rips me off ? it was just old AT&T wireless that was different from cingular that bought ATT wireless. We changed everything from AT&T wireless. SBC acquired old ATT and SBC changed its own name to new at&t. because at&t is a global name. since at&t acquired bellsouth, cingular became a unity of at&t. yea it is sad to see Cingular's name is changed to at&t. but i look foward to seeing a new opporunity in at&t for mu future job.
I am glad that you accpeted Cingular's name been changed to AT&T..

I am sorry you were not sure what I am talking about it.. I must tell you the truth, SBC was adopted bY AT&T.. I was used to be SBC membership for few months before SBC had changed name to AT&T adpot.. I pay dsl's monthly.. AT&T told as promised sbc memerships, pay months always be same.. but AT&T changed payments gonna up and everything changed already.. AT&T really pissed me off but I accpeted and made deal with AT&T's dsl monthly payment. I knew AT&T rip off people around. If you deny it, you will see att will change cingular monthly payment turn into att monthly payments might be high payment.... I hope this make clear to you...

I am sorry you were not sure what I am talking about it.. I must tell you the truth, SBC was adopted bY AT&T...

No, dude. i repeat - SBC acquired ATT and SBC changed its own brand to at&t. not sbc was adopted by at&t. sbc wanted at&t back because it is a global brand and we have several at&t branches in europe and other countries.

If you deny it, you will see att will change cingular monthly payment turn into att monthly payments might be high payment.... I hope this make clear to you...

no i dont think so it would happen.

Deafclimber, I also have Cingular services, but I am not on that special program for the hearing-impaired. I will pass this info along to a deaf friend.

Yeah... SBC, especially, Ed Whitacre (SBC/AT&T's number one boss) was only interested in AT&T name not the company itself...

The CIngular branding has been doing so well since the buyout of AT&T Wireless. IMO, that is a big mistake to drop the Cingular name for the AT&T name...

Good Luck !

I want you aware of that Cingular does not offer break sales for any PDAs mean have to pay same costs.

1. They do offer rebates but many rebates form requires monthly plan greater than $39.99! Mean you can't get rebate money back!

2. You can keep regular unlimited data plan for $39.99 for 2-3 months so you can get rebates money back, do not change tap plan after you receive rebates money back!

Here for example: I purchased a blackjack for $285 from Cingular store with regular unlimited data plan for $39.99 eligible to get rebates after 2-3 months call back to change tap plan

Good Luck!

Deafclimber -

You hear any more or know anything more about the data plan for blackberry? Im real interested in the BB 8800. I currently have sidekick 2..and Im sorta bored with "going with what every one else is". I'd like to be "different" and I saw the Blackberry Pearl...thats SWEET. Since BB 8800 is gonna be a little bit like SK2...I think Ill give this one a shot.

Back to my question - any news about the data plan for the 8800? I, of course, will not use the voice feature of it except voicemail. TIA!!

Deafclimber -

You hear any more or know anything more about the data plan for blackberry? Im real interested in the BB 8800. I currently have sidekick 2..and Im sorta bored with "going with what every one else is". I'd like to be "different" and I saw the Blackberry Pearl...thats SWEET. Since BB 8800 is gonna be a little bit like SK2...I think Ill give this one a shot.

Back to my question - any news about the data plan for the 8800? I, of course, will not use the voice feature of it except voicemail. TIA!!
Dodge, If you want data plan without voice, therefore you can't use data plan.. Like me, Few weeks ago, when My fiancee switched her bberry for my sk3. I came over tmobile store, i required them my phone tranfered sk3 to bberry. I asked them don't want the voice but just data plan. They tried to explained it to me in more details, if i wanted data without the voice, that meaning can't using internet web and email. Unless I have voice (cell phone number) on data plan, not just BBerry. all sidekick, cellphone, smartphone and mda demand with the voice.. that is their policy.. simple, don't give your cellphone numbers to friends or randoms..

If you don't believe, then go to talk to retailer, he/she will tell you the exact what i tell in this post... its up to you.. :)

Back