AT&T/Cingular's new mobile service plan for hearing impaired

No, dude. i repeat - SBC acquired ATT and SBC changed its own brand to at&t. not sbc was adopted by at&t. sbc wanted at&t back because it is a global brand and we have several at&t branches in europe and other countries.

no i dont think so it would happen.
Oh yeah, i correct you that SBC acquired ATT.... I am so sorry! :)

Dodge, If you want data plan without voice, therefore you can't use data plan.. Like me, Few weeks ago, when My fiancee switched her bberry for my sk3. I came over tmobile store, i required them my phone tranfered sk3 to bberry. I asked them don't want the voice but just data plan. They tried to explained it to me in more details, if i wanted data without the voice, that meaning can't using internet web and email. Unless I have voice (cell phone number) on data plan, not just BBerry. all sidekick, cellphone, smartphone and mda demand with the voice.. that is their policy.. simple, don't give your cellphone numbers to friends or randoms..

If you don't believe, then go to talk to retailer, he/she will tell you the exact what i tell in this post... its up to you.. :)

Whoever told you that is wrong. You can get data plan without a voice plan. The email, web, etc... all work on the data plan. That's whatt I have - data plan without the voice plan.

Deafclimber -

You hear any more or know anything more about the data plan for blackberry? Im real interested in the BB 8800. I currently have sidekick 2..and Im sorta bored with "going with what every one else is". I'd like to be "different" and I saw the Blackberry Pearl...thats SWEET. Since BB 8800 is gonna be a little bit like SK2...I think Ill give this one a shot.

Back to my question - any news about the data plan for the 8800? I, of course, will not use the voice feature of it except voicemail. TIA!!

ok i ll find out what cingular/at&t can offer BB plan to any deaf customers. i was told TAP doesnt include BB devices because bb email server is different from mobile data server, but i will keep you posted about BB stuffs if i find anything.

TAP accepts PALM 650, 680, 750, Cingular 8125, 8525, Blackjack, Nokia e62 as far as i know of.

ok i ll find out what cingular/at&t can offer BB plan to any deaf customers. i was told TAP doesnt include BB devices because bb email server is different from mobile data server, but i will keep you posted about BB stuffs if i find anything.

TAP accepts PALM 650, 680, 750, Cingular 8125, 8525, Blackjack, Nokia e62 as far as i know of.

You are right, they will not know when blackberry will available on tap plan because blackberry is different database server. Did you know that sprint offers sell blackberry 8703e for $99.99 with unlimited data includes web, email, instant, and web connect for $29.99 a month. I do sell sprint blackberry if you are interest please email me private i will email attach order form and flyer document.

Whoever told you that is wrong. You can get data plan without a voice plan. The email, web, etc... all work on the data plan. That's whatt I have - data plan without the voice plan.

Yep that's wrong answer like I said someone need contact t-mobile 800 937 8997 tell them that you want switch plan they can always change for ya no additional charge. T-mobile do offer unlimited data plan $29.99 for sidekick and blackberry no requires MUST HAVE VOICE PLAN. As far I know many t-mobile locator store or internet store whoever sales are wrong!

I want you aware of that Cingular does not offer break sales for any PDAs mean have to pay same costs.

1. They do offer rebates but many rebates form requires monthly plan greater than $39.99! Mean you can't get rebate money back!

2. You can keep regular unlimited data plan for $39.99 for 2-3 months so you can get rebates money back, do not change tap plan after you receive rebates money back!

Here for example: I purchased a blackjack for $285 from Cingular store with regular unlimited data plan for $39.99 eligible to get rebates after 2-3 months call back to change tap plan

Good Luck!

This is second great news from cingular added web connect plan on TAP! "what is web connect mean" you can hook up any pda's connect from USB to USB laptop! ITS AWESOME!

Deafclimber -

You hear any more or know anything more about the data plan for blackberry? Im real interested in the BB 8800. I currently have sidekick 2..and Im sorta bored with "going with what every one else is". I'd like to be "different" and I saw the Blackberry Pearl...thats SWEET. Since BB 8800 is gonna be a little bit like SK2...I think Ill give this one a shot.

Back to my question - any news about the data plan for the 8800? I, of course, will not use the voice feature of it except voicemail. TIA!!

i found this info in cingular.com - cingular/at&t does offer bb internet plan included email accts and/or your own email POPs account such as yahoo or hotmail. check this.

Get Started | Cingular Wireless

i found another plan - Get Started | Cingular Wireless

i dont know the difference. :dunno:

Last edited:
I know its 34.99 plan monthly but not includes text message!

Does that mean I can use unlimited email...use unlimited AOL/Yahoo chats and unlimited internet usage? Text messaging...Im not TOO worried cuz you can text message any body through email...it CAN be done if you know how like for example: 1234567890@cingularwireless.net .. I have friends who text me to my SK2 email and I do the same..email to text to them. I just wish the 34.99 plan included like 500 text msgs or somethin like that. I think Im gonna get the 8800 when it comes out...but undecided if I should wait and see if Tmobile comes out with their version of 8800.

Thoughts?

i found this info in cingular.com - cingular/at&t does offer bb internet plan included email accts and/or your own email POPs account such as yahoo or hotmail. check this.

Get Started | Cingular Wireless

i found another plan - Get Started | Cingular Wireless

i dont know the difference. :dunno:

This is interesting. I think the first one is the "deaf-friendly" plan, and only works with Blackberry. I clicked on that link, added to cart, and then clicked on "select phone" and it only showed the Blackberry phones, not the other phones.

The second link - looks like it is an add-on to the voice plans and you can pick any phone.

This is how TAP works .

First you need Cingular plan and a phone capiable of doing data (but not BlackBerry)

I got the 8525 PDA and a cheap voice plan but no data plan yet.

Then I contact Cingular NCCD and they faxed me several information along with an application with certification of disability form.

I filled out the application and put in my Cingular PDA phone number on application

Then I take the certification of disability form to my audoiologist doctor and she filled it out with her information proving I am deaf.

Then I fax back 2 paper which is application and certification of disablity to Cingular NCCD.

Cingular NCCD will review my application and certification of disability and once approved they will switch my cheap voice plan to TAP plan. NCCD says it only take a day or 2 days to review and approve it.

You must have a PDA or Smartphone (Not BlackBerry) with any Cingular plan first before you can apply for TAP.

Those who already have Cingular plan can go apply now and have thier plan switch to TAP.

But if you use voice or have hearing families that use your phone via voice then you better check and make sure you can add a voice plan with TAP before you apply for TAP becasue on TAP plan charges .40 cent a minute for voice call.

I already faxed back my application to NCCD and now I am waiting to be approved and my cingular voice plan switch over to TAP plan.

Bill

yeah referring to TechBill :D

Still using the 8525 and loving it every minute. Right now I got Windows Mobile 6 Pro installed on it and running Windows Live so I have 2 push mails coming to my 8525. One from Exchange server and one from hotmail so hardly use any battery from it.

The Windows Mobile 6 Pro isn't avaiable from the carriers yet but however it can be found on internet and installed on your phone at your own risk of course.

I also got Agile and IM+ installed and I like IM+ better. It seem to keep connection alive and reconnect sucessfully when Agile fails to reconnect after it goes out or range of signal cell towers and back in range.

It got all the goodies on it ie MsWord or MsExecl etc and even MobiTV so I can watch TV on it but no CC. They did mentioned somewhere that they were experimenting it with subtitles.

One thing is GPS is disabled on that phone and front camera is removed so I don't know why Cingular did that on their branded HTC Hermes however they are supposed to come out this fall a new one like the 8525 with GPS and front camera so it will have 2 camera rear and front that the front is use for video phone converations.

But the camera on the rear take real nice pictures for a phone and even a video movies too which isn't even bad either.

This is one phone Ill be keeping for a long time unless something comes out better in the near future like a front camera.

Back