ASL student attending Deaf event

Believe whatever you like. You are a random stranger with her nose so far.....wait, nevermind, don't want to get banned.

You are not a part of my life, and never will be, so I have nothing to prove to you. The every day success of my child is good enough for me.

Just remember not to generalize it to an entire population. :cool2:

I said that I am only speaking about my person experiences, she says she speaks for the whole Deaf community.

Care to point out exactly where I said that, or are you simply making outrageous generalizations again?

Right Botts! We can put them on tables and enjoy the show. Then nobody would have to worry about whether to use ASL or spoken English. :)

RD, I sincerely hope you have a good time at the deaf social this Sat.

FJ, I understand that you love and respect ASL but it seems like you have been leaning towards the oralism views than ASL lately. Just an observation that I have noticed lately. Iam glad you didn't abandon ASL completely. :)

Mountain Man..awesome that you are studying to become an interpreter.

Jillio, it is good to see you back here on AD..I still think about the scary experience you had.

RD, I sincerely hope you have a good time at the deaf social this Sat.

FJ, I understand that you love and respect ASL but it seems like you have been leaning towards the oralism views than ASL lately. Just an observation that I have noticed lately. Iam glad you didn't abandon ASL completely. :)

Mountain Man..awesome that you are studying to become an interpreter.

Jillio, it is good to see you back here on AD..I still think about the scary experience you had.

Thanks, girl! I'm getting back to normal slowly but surely. (Can you tell?:giggle:)

Deaf people LOVE deaf kids!

Nah, they are just happy that a hearing parent is brought their deaf children into deaf culture.

you know, My church is always happy to see unsaved teens in their church (they pay special attention to them , giving them youth activities and such, than the older members) :)

I think all kids are cute.

Nah, they are just happy that a hearing parent is brought their deaf children into deaf culture.

you know, My church is always happy to see unsaved teens in their church (they pay special attention to them , giving them youth activities and such, than the older members) :)

I think all kids are cute.

Reminds me of an old joke!

Man to pastor: "Do you save bad girls?"
Pastor: Why, yes. Of course we do.
Man: "Good. Next time you get one, would you save her for me?"

Sorry, lighthouse, I couldn't resist!:giggle:

I love deaf kids in bars. They are so cute when you put them up on the bar and make them dance!:P

True story: My mom actually made me and my sister get our dad out in a bar when he decided to hang out and drink. I guess she wanted him to remember his 5 kids and embarrass him in front of his friends that he is spending too much time in bars than his family.

llllooooolllllllll *talking to myself* I will have a pure thought... I will think pure...

How is something a sterotype when they actually tell you that? You think you speak for these Deaf people, instead of themselves? That is a bold line to take....

It take a hearing person to correct another hearing person. Rarely they ever listen to deaf people if we tell them that it isn't always true.

It take a hearing person to correct another hearing person. Rarely they ever listen to deaf people if we tell them that it isn't always true.

Exactly. Just another example of the fact that they discount the deaf person's experience and what they say is true about their culture.

Back