Ask Dixie anything - really anything......

Cool on 'crazy' story about finding how you got pregnant. :)

Got a birth story? You don't have to. :thumb:

Ya need to teach me some cooking of Asia food! :giggle:

Ummm what else do I have in my mind......

What is your dream vacation spot? (somewhere that you never went and always wanted to go)

Does Maddie enjoy Preschool?

What holidays do you enjoy the most?
Yes, when I have the energy and time to do so. I especially like cooking Asian food.

Okay Dixie what happen to DeafChat??

I have no idea - I never was a member of Deaf Chat. The only deaf forum Ive been on is AD. The only thing I know about DC is that there was a lot of drama going on and it finally went belly up.

Cool on 'crazy' story about finding how you got pregnant. :)

Got a birth story? You don't have to. :thumb:
Well I was originally set to give birth on 9-9. 9-9 came and went then on the 13th I went into false labor, the doctor realized I was already dilating and was leaking fluid so we induced on the 19th. I got up at 5am to get check in at 6 then they pushed the petoccin at 7. at around 11:00 I started having contractions. I pushed for a total of an hour and half and my DD was born at 1:25pm 8lb,9oz. The worst part of the ordeal was when the anesthesiologist came in to put the spinal block, OMG that needle was F-in HOOGE! When he stuck me, I screamed in pain then 15 minutes later I was in lala land as they pushed a cocktail of painkillers via piggyback on my IV. I cried and boohooed when I got hold my DD for the first time, but they were tears of joy. The pain was well worth it. Then I was in and out of it for the rest of the night. But I do remember them waking me up to go through "how to bathe your baby" routine and they brought Maddie in every 2 hours to breast feed. The nurses were extremely helpful in helping me to get Maddie to suck and get the positioning just right. The only thing I did not like about breast feeding was having to pump as well as the pain when my breasts were full. Everything else was fine and dandy. Out of all the people that were there my dad was the one flipping out. I was just like "OK doc, what do I need to do? I'll do it."

I ended up staying for 3 days instead of just overnight because my iron levels were so low. When I got home mom said she was cooking me a nice steak meal. After the large instake of protein I was feeling much better.

Ya need to teach me some cooking of Asia food! :giggle:
When I get some recipes gathered up, I will send them to you for you to try out. My favorite though is the sticky rice and sauce, YUM!

Ummm what else do I have in my mind......

What is your dream vacation spot? (somewhere that you never went and always wanted to go) I would love to visit Australia, Sydney, Perth, Canberra, the Ivory Coast, all of it. I am just fascinated with Australia.

Does Maddie enjoy Preschool? Absolutely. Every day she is learning something new. Right now she is learning to write her name. Once she gets it legible, I am going to frame it nicely and hang up as Maddie's first signature and the date. You can't just throw something like that out. Sometimes I wish I had my first scrawls of my name around.

What holidays do you enjoy the most?
Thanksgiving. The one holiday that I still believe to truly be about family and not commercialization. When I do Christmas shopping I dont always go for the biggest and most expensive, I try to do something meaningful for the people in my life.

Wow - does your DD sign a bit or not at all? if not, are you intending to teach her during her young age?

By the way, I love sticky rice, my father makes them too! ;)

She signs a little bit, Im trying to teach her while her mind is still like a sponge absorbing the world with ease. When I speak sometimes I will sign bits and pieces of what Im saying. Right now she knows "deaf" "ILY" "mama", and "baby". She's only four and I started teaching her only a couple of months ago so Im not going push her to have the exact signing vocabularly that 4 y/o deaf child does at her age.

She signs a little bit, Im trying to teach her while her mind is still like a sponge absorbing the world with ease. When I speak sometimes I will sign bits and pieces of what Im saying. Right now she knows "deaf" "ILY" "mama", and "baby". She's only four and I started teaching her only a couple of months ago so Im not going push her to have the exact signing vocabularly that 4 y/o deaf child does at her age.

Very good, It takes time, my sister who is nearly 8 years old, is still learning to sign, but she can do it though. ;)

I can only answer a question if one is asked. But since you asked if you could ask a question--- Yes you can, ask away!

Lord I hope your right and I hope its *ahem* not her again.....

yup! Ive watched them all but I never got the chance to watch the third installment until a couple of years ago when they were having a BTTF Marathon on TV.

If you do enjoy the movies, you should discuss about it in my thread "Back to the Future Trilogy"

Didnt know you had a BTTF Thread started. can you direct me to it mate?

Do you like..........

Homemade cookies or store bought?

Homemade ice cream or store bought?

Homemade soup or store bought?

Not sure any else that is homemade. :)

Back