Ask Dixie anything - really anything......

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so Im going to follow the crowd on this one - ask me anything!

Dixie said:
Ok so Im going to follow the crowd on this one - ask me anything!
:wave: Ms Dear Suga Pie Sweet Honey Bunch Dixie. :ty: for answering my question. Where is the crowd going?

haha

They are all going to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge like lemmings at midnight California time. :giggle: (just kidding)

How are you feeling?

What is your favorite hobby?

What are you going to do for Labor Day?

Which state park you think is awesome one in Arkansas?

How did you become deaf?

Hey! :giggle:

If you return back to College, what major are you study in? (what what's your goal)

How old is your daughter?

What is your favorite place to go for visit?

Do you love to go camping?

Well, Dixie... good luck answering this question

If you have seen the movie "Forest Gump" -- He does a running course around the U.S - would you do the same way he did, in modern time, like today?

How are you feeling?
Pretty good at the moment - I have a sore ear this morning for some reason but I hope it'll pass and not turn out to be an infection.

What is your favorite hobby?
When Ive got healthy dogs to work -I enjoy retriever training and getting them ready for duck season.

What are you going to do for Labor Day?
Spend time with my family and have a cook out that includes steak and potatoes.

Which state park you think is awesome one in Arkansas?
I think they are all awesome, but I really enjoy Magazine the best as I know alot of off-the-main-beat trails and sights up there (including a lake covered with ducks and geese in the winter, and some lesser known hiking trails)

How did you become deaf?
I was born with no hair follicles in my left ear and I had a serious ear infection in my right ear when I was little that caused a loss of hearing for that ear. I think right now I hear maybe 20% of what goes on around me at any given time. And yes I am in the market for a new aid.

There ya go!:afro:

Hey! :giggle:

If you return back to College, what major are you study in? (what what's your goal)
Likely either human relations, communications with an emphasis on journalism, or even teaching English. I just know I like to be around people, but I also love to write. Journalism would be a good fit but its a very difficult occupation to hold as a single mother as there is no regularity in your schedule. Which I personally dont mind but I need regular hours in order to keep my DD in school and keep myself in a job.

How old is your daughter?
She is 3 - she will be 4 on 9/19
What is your favorite place to go for visit?
Hmm - probably Colorado. I just love the mountains, its absolutely beautiful out there. I was amazed when I was about 5 years old when I went out there for the first time and it was 80 degrees yet I could see snowcapped mountains all around me. When I get my vacation next summer -Im going to try to go out there for 2-3 days then drive back.
Do you love to go camping?
Absolutely - especially tent camping - the REAL kind of camping. Ive always wanted to do a week-long backpacking trip and camp out beneath the stars.

:afro:

Well, Dixie... good luck answering this question

If you have seen the movie "Forest Gump" -- He does a running course around the U.S - would you do the same way he did, in modern time, like today?

If I was as crazy and insane as Forrest Gump -I probably would - but given the muggings and the overall lack of generosity of some people my final answer is - NO.

Tar Heels Blue---- although Im not a NC fan - Im a Razorback fan, go figure. :)

1. How tall are u?

2. Do u have hearing friend if so how many?

3. Who do u prefer talkin' to deaf or hearin' w/sig lang?

What would you say if you went to the movies with captions and found out the screen didn't display the captions? Would you freak out? ;)

Dixie...

Maybe it is because I am older than you and could very well misunderstand your signature. Although the caption said "Being Deaf Rocks" but the sign language was saying (to me) "Deaf B.S." Is that same sign I see in the pictures of music shows? Did I misunderstood you?

1. How tall are u?
5 foot 4 inches - almost a midget..... :lol:
2. Do u have hearing friend if so how many?
I have hearing friends at work and at church, but none that I actually get to run around with.
3. Who do u prefer talkin' to deaf or hearin' w/sig lang?
I enjoy both - but since I am just now learning sign my communication with a signer would be limited at this point. But I have picked up around 200-300 signs so far.

I enjoy both - but since I am just now learning sign my communication with a signer would be limited at this point. But I have picked up around 200-300 signs so far.

Your not alone, I am a ASL learner too ;)

What would you say if you went to the movies with captions and found out the screen didn't display the captions? Would you freak out? ;)

Nah not too badly - the volume in those places are loud enough that I can hear the dialogue plus I am able to lip read. Besides I am not even sure if the local theatre has captioning (RWC or OC) I do however watch my DVDs with captions so its all good. As far as saying anything, I would likely approach the manager nicely and said that this movie was to be open captioned, why aren't there any captions? If you are not going to show the captions I would at least like to get a partial refund or a discount on my next visit.

Nah not too badly - the volume in those places are loud enough that I can hear the dialogue plus I am able to lip read. Besides I am not even sure if the local theatre has captioning (RWC or OC) I do however watch my DVDs with captions so its all good. As far as saying anything, I would likely approach the manager nicely and said that this movie was to be open captioned, why aren't there any captions? If you are not going to show the captions I would at least like to get a partial refund or a discount on my next visit.

Yeah, it has occured to me few weeks ago, when I was watching HP5 but I found out that the captions broke out.. and my friend (hearing) went out and complained and they gave us our full refund and two free tickets each pers in behalf of the movie company. :D (Which I could have it useful on my trip soon! ;))

By the way, another question, learning ASL is it easy to learn or hard to?

Dixie...

Maybe it is because I am older than you and could very well misunderstand your signature. Although the caption said "Being Deaf Rocks" but the sign language was saying (to me) "Deaf B.S." Is that same sign I see in the pictures of music shows? Did I misunderstood you?

The actual signs in my signature are Deaf Rock (as in rock-n-roll) I just put the captions Being Deaf Rocks and broke it down into 3 frames. I apologize if I have offended you or anyone else here for that matter. If it does appear to say Deaf B.S. then I may amend it or make a new signature.

Yeah, it has occured to me few weeks ago, when I was watching HP5 but I found out that the captions broke out.. and my friend (hearing) went out and complained and they gave us our full refund and two free tickets each pers in behalf of the movie company. :D (Which I could have it useful on my trip soon! ;))

By the way, another question, learning ASL is it easy to learn or hard to?

For me it is pretty easy, but then again if I see something once I learn it very quickly. For others it may be more difficult. I think it has alot to do with their learning style and the way their brains are configured to work. Kind of like one person is really good with numbers but not so good with language, and the other is extremely good at grasping language but not so great at numeric concepts such as polynomials.

Back