Armed group take over Oregon wildlife refuge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the armed militia members burning down a CVS and looting it?

Were any of the rioters in Ferguson burned alive alongside their children like the Branch Davidians?
Not even close. Ferguson police had to keep hands off.

everything is about race. There are black ranchers up there. And everything is about politics and less about policy.

And the leftwing liberals do nothing when the New Black Panthers party intimidated white voters and Uncle Tom in Philly.

let's say you're in top cop in charge of this charade - what would you do to handle this situation?

No answer is correct in this situation... sad but true... until we as a society get our collective panties untwisted and drop all of this soft skinned bullhockey everything that can be done will offend someone or can lead to a blood bath... all depends on reactions on both sides...

Sent from my SM-T217S using AllDeaf App mobile app

Or, the Feds can just stop bullying people off their property

Or, the Feds can just stop bullying people off their property

Good joke... They have been doing it since they first stepped foot on these shores...

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

That is not my point and you know it !

There is no quick relief, unless you want federal law enforcement agencies to be heavily criticized by the congress and blame on our president.

FBI shooting on right wing groups = big victory and sympathy from conservative communities

It will growing more militias too, that happened in 1990s.

Oathkeepers have decided to protect the protesters.

This is HUGE

Oathkeepers have decided to protect peaceful protesters.

This is HUGE

Fixed for you - only if you are peaceful.

Oathkeepers is in middle between riot police and rioters.

Also, oathkeepers don't support militias takeover of Oregon, but they did support in Bundy case.

That's funny about saying sheriff is highest law enforcement agency.

It is depends on situation and jurisdiction.

If you are in city jurisdiction like NYC so NYPD is LEO, but they could assisting with federal LEO if it is necessary.

If you live in unincorporated area so sheriff is LEO, but in bigger counties like Fairfax County in NoVA has own county police department.

If you are in state parks or interstate highway (in Virginia) so state troopers are LEO in those area, but if there no police department or sheriff department so it means state troopers will be responsible for patrolling or contract with other counties for LEO.

If you are in federal jurisdiction so FBI, US Marshal, DEA, ATF, ICE, CBP are patrolling, depends on area.

Federal > State > County > City

That's funny about saying sheriff is highest law enforcement agency.

It is depends on situation and jurisdiction.

If you are in city jurisdiction like NYC so NYPD is LEO, but they could assisting with federal LEO if it is necessary.

If you live in unincorporated area so sheriff is LEO, but in bigger counties like Fairfax County in NoVA has own county police department.

If you are in state parks or interstate highway (in Virginia) so state troopers are LEO in those area, but if there no police department or sheriff department so it means state troopers will be responsible for patrolling or contract with other counties for LEO.

If you are in federal jurisdiction so FBI, US Marshal, DEA, ATF, ICE, CBP are patrolling, depends on area.

Federal > State > County > City

I know. I wonder what he meant too about the Sheriff. As I understand it, the Sheriff is a publicly elected official and an FBI agent is not. Maybe the FBI is involved because it is a Federal Building they seized? But ... if the Federal Building is within the jurisdiction of the Sheriff, then the Sheriff, being a publicly elected official by the county, is the highest ranking LEO in the county.

Or is he? I wonder if the SCOTUS has ever ruled on this before?

Another thing ... Bundy is walking right up to the Sheriff's office for these negotiations too. There is an FBI agent in that video - why don't they arrest him right there?

Unless .... that FBI agent is also an oathkeeper? hmm

I know. I wonder what he meant too about the Sheriff. As I understand it, the Sheriff is a publicly elected official and an FBI agent is not. Maybe the FBI is involved because it is a Federal Building they seized? But ... if the Federal Building is within the jurisdiction of the Sheriff, then the Sheriff, being a publicly elected official by the county, is the highest ranking LEO in the county.

Or is he? I wonder if the SCOTUS has ever ruled on this before?

Another thing ... Bundy is walking right up to the Sheriff's office for these negotiations too. There is an FBI agent in that video - why don't they arrest him right there?

Unless .... that FBI agent is also an oathkeeper? hmm

The federal properties are federal jurisdiction so it means FBI is highest ranking LEO, regardless on locations, but outside of federal properties, it is city police or sheriff - they are primary LEO and state is secondary LEO.

The primary LEO like city police and sheriff could turn you to FBI for federal charge over state charge, if they want too. Some of federal sentencing for crime charges are more harsher than state.

FBI is enforcing the federal law, that it.

The federal properties are federal jurisdiction so it means FBI is highest ranking LEO, regardless on locations, but outside of federal properties, it is city police or sheriff - they are primary LEO and state is secondary LEO.

The primary LEO like city police and sheriff could turn you to FBI for federal charge over state charge, if they want too. Some of federal sentencing for crime charges are more harsher than state.

FBI is enforcing the federal law, that it.

Has SCOTUS ever ruled on this before?

(hint: that is a trick question I know the answer to - has to do with the Feds trying to force a Sheriff to run a Brady background check)

Has SCOTUS ever ruled on this before?

(hint: that is a trick question I know the answer to - has to do with the Feds trying to force a Sheriff to run a Brady background check)

No idea, but it is basic knowledge.

If you are in federal properties, that's federal issue.

If you are in city/county/state properties, that's state issue.

Sheriff is no obligation to enforce the federal laws, but they only enforce local and state laws.

There is some exception, FBI rather to let sheriff department to deal with illegal seize of federal properties because it is necessary to prevent the repeat of Ruby Ridge and Waco Siege. If sheriff department refuses so FBI will wait until all of militias left federal property, it take more time.

Although the States surrendered many of their powers to the new Federal Government, they retained a residuary and inviolable sovereignty that is reflected throughout the Constitution's text. See, e.g., Lane County v. Oregon, 7 Wall. 71, 76. The Framers rejected the concept of a central government that would act upon and through the States, and instead designed a system in which the State and Federal Governments would exercise concurrent authority over the people. The Federal Government's power would be augmented immeasurably and impermissibly if it were able to impress into its service--and at no cost to itself--the police officers of the 50 States. Pp. 18-22.
-

See more at:

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/521/898.html#sthash.7WAdf16g.dpuf

With this militia claiming they are adhering to the US Constitution as the Supreme Law of the land - I think the above case is what they are referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back