Arizona inmate dies 2 hours after execution began

Death penalty is better and easier than life sentence in prison so you don't have to suffer in prison with no AC for rest of life.

Cutting hands off? We aren't Muslim and it is part of cruel punishment under US Constitution.

its not cruel if a repeat offender... we are just helping them break and old habit.

its not cruel if a repeat offender... we are just helping them break and old habit.

US Supreme Court doesn't agree with you.

No hand = disability and I don't want to send my taxes to help ex-criminal who became disabled and unable to work. Seriously, I believe that repeat offender deserves to DIE rather than cutting alive.

US Supreme Court doesn't agree with you.

No hand = disability and I don't want to send my taxes to help ex-criminal who became disabled and unable to work. Seriously, I believe that repeat offender deserves to DIE rather than cutting alive.

Nope, theyre a convicted felon, no more benefits.... think its a good balance to the system.
Government can give them a job running on a hampster wheel to power the grid instead of wind turbines in exchange for new Nike and food.

Nope, theyre a convicted felon, no more benefits.... think its a good balance to the system.
Government can give them a job running on a hampster wheel to power the grid instead of wind turbines in exchange for new Nike and food.

Convicted felons are eligible for some welfare programs, especially SSI, after served the prison sentence.

Those are silly, anyway.

Why is it that people who are perfectly fine with millions of babies being slowly murdered are not ok with death row inmates not being perfectly comfy in their cells?

I don't get it.

:topic:

Then innocent people could executed , there been cases of people found to be innocent of a horrible crime after spending years in jail .

Thats the whole point why I am against death penalty. One mistake is way too much!

was Ariel Castro possibly innocent? Ted Kaczynski? Tim McVeigh? John Allen Muhammad? Nidal Malik Hasan? are they all possibly innocent?

was Ariel Castro possibly innocent? Ted Kaczynski? Tim McVeigh? John Allen Muhammad? Nidal Malik Hasan? are they all possibly innocent?

The McVeigh execution was one of the last the US Government did. There hasn't been any since '03.

What about that guy Oswald who supposedly shot JFK ?

just build a new jail.....well bulldozer existing ones.....make it a DEEP pit some 400M deep... tip them down giant oil-greased slide ...from the dump truck...then retract the slide....and leave no food down at the bottom, just them once a week pour down petrol or some flammable, light it.....

I don't get why people are so upset that this guy suffered while being executed. He had no problem beating up his girlfriend and then shooting her while she begged him to spare her life. He shot her father too.

I don't get why people are so upset that this guy suffered while being executed. He had no problem beating up his girlfriend and then shooting her while she begged him to spare her life. He shot her father too.

Because the US Constitution prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment", and a botched execution is just that. It causes pain and suffering that's not permitted in the Constitution. Look at Oklahoma-- that one ended very badly, but I'm reserving judgement on the Arizona execution until more info is released.

Because the US Constitution prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment", and a botched execution is just that. It causes pain and suffering that's not permitted in the Constitution. Look at Oklahoma-- that one ended very badly, but I'm reserving judgement on the Arizona execution until more info is released.

I get the legal part of this but we need to think of the poor victims too. They suffered and their families suffered even longer.

I get the legal part of this but we need to think of the poor victims too. They suffered and their families suffered even longer.

I agree, and many say let the victims families do them what they did to their loved ones. Problem with that is if that were allowed in the US, I'm pretty sure the population wouldn't be what it is today.

life imprisonment is not part of pain and suffering?

funny that you're refusing to answer my question about Ariel Castro, Ted Kaczynski, Tim McVeigh, John Allen Muhammad, and Nidal Malik Hasan.

Back