Are you happy with your deafness?

Proud bein deaf...my family are deaf too. but grandparents, aunts uncles, and couisns are hearing but they do accept what we are.. and they always being proud havin deaf relatives and makin us feelin special..

Most of the time I am happy with being deaf. I like having the choice of when I want to hear and when I don't want to hear. And I love the technology that's available for the deaf. I use the FM with my hearing aid to listen to music all the time and I love it. I've quit using the speakers on my computer, and am using the FM instead to listen to the music or videos on my computer. Even if I do get a CI, I still have the choice to hear or not to hear, depending on the situation, etc.
But there has been times when I've been really frustrated just because I'm deaf, frustrated cause I didn't hear what was going on or something like that. A couple of times throughout my high school years, I asked "why me? Why do I have to be deaf?"

But most of the time I'm happy.

what is means love and happy to deaf?

I don't know :smash: how you give like positive and want to :run: see around friends people deaf. :-o

I don't know people hearing :-o they are :cold: really cold. I don't understand :Ohno: explain to hearing people.

I guess I like :bowlol: to respect to deaf people. I don't want to :ugh: crying about to funny. I think so :Oops: to shy to deaf people. I don't know what is observing to deaf people.

I think so hearing people in Sasktoon is :wave: :deaf: How are you? My name is Travis Smith. I am cold in Saskatoon. That is very :cold:

I don't know :smash: how you give like positive and want to :run: see around friends people deaf. :-o

I don't know people hearing :-o they are :cold: really cold. I don't understand :Ohno: explain to hearing people.

I guess I like :bowlol: to respect to deaf people. I don't want to :ugh: crying about to funny. I think so :Oops: to shy to deaf people. I don't know what is observing to deaf people.

I think so hearing people in Sasktoon is :wave: :deaf: How are you? My name is Travis Smith. I am cold in Saskatoon. That is very :cold:

Try drinking a big bottle of whiskey. That'll make you feel warm inside! :rofl:

Hi I am Travis Smith (smile)

Hi How are you? my name is Travis Smith, how are you like fun Christmas... <Merry Christmas is good ........ I like you be friendly. I want to fun you social with friends. :)

Unfortunately, we get diseases like deafness, rubellas, fever, etc. from God. Nobody is perfect on this Earth. God (Sun) controls our souls to live...
Remember, God is Perfect and Original. Some peoople with diseases are sad or happy depending on bad or good karma.

take care

Well if I'm deaf, I'd be a little happy about that but nope... I still wanted to be able to hear and I'm the only one in my family who're hearing impaired.

When I read the thread, I felt like I'd have to find clues to why I'm born with hearing impairement even though my mom's healthy, but I'll keep my personal feelings to my self. When I felt disappointed about being hearing impaired and don't know why I am born that way, I tend to turn my back on hearing impairement by putting my headphones on, turn the volume to the max, expecting to have severe HOH -- but not that long however it's a huge mistake and I can't afford to be deaf (even though I intend to do it but I wish I'm not hearing impaired).

I accept my deafness a long, long time ago and positive my deafness.

I am very happy deaf! but my right is HOH. I born hearing till 2 yrs old become mengistis. My first brother is HOH and good speak on phone use volume up and down. He wear hearing aids both.

I wouldn't classify myself as HOH (yet) although my wife seems insistant. As it is now it's a blessing and a curse. I hear well enough to hear that men are speaking but not enough to easily understand them. Things around me are slightly dulled and that helps since I have (numerous) sensory issues, loud unexpected sounds being one of them.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I will never be hearing. I don't see why I should be ashamed of my deafness. I don't like people pitying me because of my deafness though.

As for CIs, it will not make me hearing. It's just a tool like HAs.

main_image.jpg

Without it, you wont be happy with yourself regardless of your hearing status.

nope im not proud of being profoundly Deaf. I want to be back to hoh because I grew up being moderately hoh since birth and I was happy and suddenly one day its all gone and its scary for me not being able to hear fire alarm, siren, etc and missing out everything in social events, hang with hearing friends, etc. I was very unhappy so i got CI to become hoh again and have my life back to where it was before i lost the rest of my hearing

I lost my hearing at 15 monthes old-so I don't know what 'normal' hearing would be. With my HA's in, I hear sometimes waaaaay to much. There are times I really struggle to understand what someone is saying-especially if they are not speaking clear, this frustrates me sometimes.

On the other hand, after a noisy day I sometimes like to go home and 'turn my ears off.' Co-workers get jealous that I can have 'selective hearing' during long dull meetings:giggle:

Overall I wouldn't change anything. I would like to be able to sign better than I do-but that is something I can work on.

Back