Are you happy with your deafness?

Im so glad be deaf... no noise for me.. Because, I have 3 kids.. They always :crazy: :blah: :tears: :dizzy: :hyper: :run: :applause: :eek: :mad2: :hyper: Thank god,Im deaf...:squint:

Other things, Im so proud be :deaf: deaf:deaf: ... It doesnt bother me at all....

M-:afro:

:giggle: ROFL lol

i'm not 100% deaf, but my hearing loss is in the deaf range (deafness), so it dont bother me one bit.

I'm 50% deaf in my right ear, 20% in the left. I'm not satisfied with being hard of hearing. Personally I would rather be Deaf.

My ears have hurt me on-and-off since I was born and when I didn't have hearing loss my ears were so sensitive. Even now some sounds can really hurt my ears which don't hurt other people's. As I write this I've got a pain in them.

I also have to have the TV on loud to hear anything clearly (thank God for subtitles) and only being hard of hearing means that I get harassed by my family somewhat, for example, being accused of ignorant, and my father's favourite 'I'm more deaf than you'--when his hearing is good.

He says "My eyes are worse than yours" to my mother who's bordering on being classed as registered blind (she can't read even large print).

My mother, bless her soul sometimes signs to me because she knows how difficult it is having to listen to things, though her eyes make it hard for her to sign so I speak back. I've taught her a few signs by controlling her hands for her, and she's told me if I was born Deaf or HOH then she would have learned BSL (or the BSL version of SEE) to talk to me. :) (Just wish her eyes could get better though.)

So, I tell him "Then you shouldn't be driving." but I know he's just being a drama queen.

I'm not missing much being hard of hearing and I doubt I would if I was Deaf. It would stop a lot of blabbering and whining my way. :D Being Hard of Hearing is no excuse to miss conversations, basically. :P

the only thing if you are unhappy about your deafness if you dont have deaf people around you. I have seen many deaf people ,especially in place where deafhood is prevalent, are very happy with themselves and dont view deafness as the problem. While deaf people who whine and complain about their deafness, these types tend to be isolated or being brainwashed by media. Sad to say but it is true.

Its not being deaf that I mind, it as others have commented, the many idiots out there who either pity you, ignore you or downright peee you off....like the woman who asked in amazement how I could be married and have kids..........even my present boyfriend tells me I have a HUGE handicap and then when I mention not hearing all conversation in a group he goes on to say "well its your problem"......grrrrrrrrrrrr...........maybe time he went on the scrapheap.

Its not being deaf that I mind, it as others have commented, the many idiots out there who either pity you, ignore you or downright peee you off....like the woman who asked in amazement how I could be married and have kids..........even my present boyfriend tells me I have a HUGE handicap and then when I mention not hearing all conversation in a group he goes on to say "well its your problem"......grrrrrrrrrrrr...........maybe time he went on the scrapheap.

That woman's comment is so backwards. If someone said that to me, I will tell them that I know how to read, too. Get them to call Ripley's Believe It or Not..:)

Your boyfriend should know that no-one is perfect anyway.

Back