Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Once in a while

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
I don't smoke. I have tried cigarettes from time to time when I was 15 until 18. I was not a regular smoker. Every time I tried a different cigarette brand, I winded up hating all of them. They all made me cough. Besides, they are not that cool!

I prefer to chew snuff. I had been chewing snuff on and off for almost 10 years. Right now, I have not chewed snuff for 5 months. I hope I don't go back to chewing snuff!! It's not easy quitting chewing snuff because of its odor and taste that gets me addicted.....But I remain to have my guard up against snuff.

Before you jump all over me, there are some women who chew tobacco or snuff. I don't do chewing tobacco because I don't like it. I prefer SNUFF. Snuff and chewing tobacco are two different tobacco products.

My father doesn't smoke. He was not at all happy when he learned that I used snuff at a young age. He was proud of me for not using snuff for a long time and probably quit using it for good. My husband-to-be would not want me to continue chewing snuff, anyway.

My mother just quit smoking after 21 years of smoking. She's only 44 years old and isn't extremely attractive as she used to be when she was my age. She has wrinkles on her face and her teeth are completely tartared. You see, smoking CAN and WILL change a person's beauty as the person gets older. According to my fiance, he said when he saw a picture of my mother, she looked like a movie star when she was my age. Right now, she's not as attractive as she used to be. If she has facelift done, she'll definitely return to her attractive looks. I compared myself to her picture when she was my age, she was far more attractive than I am. Too bad, I didn't inherit her beauty. Oh well, like I care? AFter all, I got a lot better personality and am a lot smarter than she is. :cool:

My paternal grandfather had chewed snuff since he was 3 years old until he died at the age of 84. He never had tooth or mouth cancer. He died of hemorrhage (sp?).

My maternal grandfather (my paternal grandfather's brother) smoked cigarettes until he died of a heart attack or lung cancer (I forgot which) when my mother was about 13 years old. So....it is not a smart move for Steel to even START smoking. Otherwise he'll end up like my maternal grandfather.

My only surviving grandparent, which is my maternal grandmother, is still a tobacco user. She's 68 and has very bad teeth. Her teeth were completely blackened with tartar. Her teeth sure gave me the biggest scare of my life. So it's one of the reasons why I keep my guard up against snuff and am determined to quit using snuff permanently.

I went to see a dentist for my routine hygiene appointment last March and it was a relief that I don't have gum disease. I only came out the dentist's office knowing that I had 4 or 5 cavities. So I had my fillers last month and will soon have a second set of fillers next month.

Last edited:
Originally posted by ~Heather~
:roll:

Seriously...who cares? Because we will die anytime no matter what it is...car accident, heart attack, murder, cancer (theres more than 1 kind of cancer), stroke, blah blah you name it.
Yes heather, I do care about my mother include you and others, i acknowlegde that my mother and you all hardly try to quit smoke cig. it is not easy! becasue my grandma was died becasue smoke caused her heart attack!!! i do care about people's health....

I smoked 2 years but quit one day that fast. Here the short story. I start smoking because of stress and unhappy moment after the friends have done to me. So, I wander in no where I went to the down street that choose to die. I was 19 years old and not able to do much about it. Until I met the new girlfriend, she wants me quit smoking but rather not too much smoking around her. I normal smoking outside most of time even the winter with snowy outside. It is pretty relax while I smoke the cig. When I am done with the cig and my body turn out drepression for no reason.

I try to quit smoking and decide went to store to get patch on my arm. Boy, my stomach turn upset and start stunning my brain. I was driving on highway in Texas. Happen, I decide to take some headache pill for my head. In 20 or 40 miles, I pull out the highway and try to close my mouth because of vomit. I have no time to take belt off me but I push the door wide open and threw up while people driving by. It was hard and trouble to getting home due visit other town. I threw up twice on the highway but try hurry up to get home with 120 mph during the night.

When I start to have teeth problem due the toothaches. I learned that I have wisdom teeth and take surgery appointment at that date. When my teeth pull out, I start smoking in few week after my gum get heal first. I put cig on my mouth and light up and inhale. PUH! IT SO NASTY! I couldn't believe that I smoking for two years.

I think that wisdom teeth is only cure for us quit smoking, eh?

Steel, smoking is not worth even your room or clothes will smelly like old peanut.

Lot of people in my family are smokers, none of them yet have health problem. My grandma is still alive and kickin' with one pack of cigarettes per day.

I cant remember who said this, but I found it to be profound.

"It was not the last cigarette that killed me, it was the first."

To be perfectly honest...

those "truth" commericals are starrting to get REALLY annoying...

Lucky for those who didn't start smoking cigarettes. I have been a smoker since I was 18, I'm now 32. I did quit smoking a few times in the last 8 years, but always returned to smoking after 6 months of abstaining from smoking. Grr...it's really frustratingly HARD to quit. :cry:
I'm going to have another go at quitting in the next couple of weeks. *yeh right*

Goldie

Originally posted by ckfarbes
MsGiGlZ, do you want to become like that this??

I am not going to complain or comments.
cuz I knew i will have it or maybe not.

just hard to break habit.. for long time smoking.. I tried EVERYTHING even i went counseling or treatment.. none of them working.. :/

Originally posted by ~Heather~
:roll:

Seriously...who cares? Because we will die anytime no matter what it is...car accident, heart attack, murder, cancer (theres more than 1 kind of cancer), stroke, blah blah you name it.

You got GOOD point .. !!

I will say.. who cares.. we all die anyways..

Originally posted by ckfarbes
Yes heather, I do care about my mother include you and others, i acknowlegde that my mother and you all hardly try to quit smoke cig. it is not easy! becasue my grandma was died becasue smoke caused her heart attack!!! i do care about people's health....

:ily: thanks for caring.. but its hard!!
damn goverments.. try to kill us.. LOL
:)

Thank god i stop smoking when i was 19 years old after using it for few months! But I accually smoke cigar when i'm in bar.

Originally posted by MsGiglz
I am not going to complain or comments.
cuz I knew i will have it or maybe not.

just hard to break habit.. for long time smoking.. I tried EVERYTHING even i went counseling or treatment.. none of them working.. :/
MsGiglz, I agree with you that counseling or treatment or commercial on tv whatever won't help them to quit.. depend on individual.. you know what i saying!? :D . it is important your kids are very health important to you.. :thumb:

I'm not a smoker. Sure, I've tried cigarettes, but I don't think that a dying in pain is worth the 5 minute head-rush you get, which you build tolerence to and need more and more just to get to that point.

Yes, we all die, that's a given fact. But its HOW we die. I'd just rather not die from pain and suffering.

However, its your choice. If you wanna smoke to be cool, then I'll suggest Camel Turkish Jade/Gold/Royal's if you're broke, but if you're willing to spend more cash on less cigs, then the Camel Exotic blends smell/taste good.

But then again, if you've gotta smoke to be cool, you ain't cool.

you go ciggy, then what's that? pot.. ahh so stoned. let drink some., so drunk!.. I don't know what I'm doing.. what's that piece of paper? let eat it, lick it. Whoa, I saw God today!

Who smokes cigarettes and who doesn't?

I don't smoke cigs but my fiancee does sometimes when he is stressed from work.

Back