Are ghosts real?

Those ghosts stories in this thread got me *goose bumps* :cold:

Yes I do beleive in ghosts, I experienced with it before. I shared my experience in other threads at few years ago. I will pull my stories over here when I FIND them.

But pet ghost? I can't image it until I withnessed it... I alway thought human but animal???

Some of you know that Kim, my 3 years old cat killed by road accident last 27th September 2007.

My both sons told me that they saw Kim running fast then disappeared quickly in dining room sometimes. I suggested them that it could be Blacky, one of 3 cats? Later my hubby said the same thing what he spot Kim run to disappear real fast in dinning room. I said nothing and thought to myself that it could be imagery...?

Until one day, last December - we forbid cats alone in room where the Xmas tree was decorated. They are allow go in when we are AROUND. Anyway, I got up as 2 cats were slept on our bed and went downstair and saw other cat slept in kitchen. I make sure none of cats go in room and then shut the door to open all window roll shutters.. and was around around to dinning room and spot Kim run real FAST and disappear FAST. Exactly form of Kim's body... I was like :cold: and want to think it's Blacky, my one of 3 cats could be...? After finish to open all window shutter and check Blacky either she is under sofa or tiled-stoved. None... so I went back to check ... 2 cats were still slept on my bed where my hubby still slept. :cold: I realized what my sons and hubby said is true.

Few days later after I spot Kim, on New Year Eve - We made sure that 3 cats won't go out of our house before we left for New Year Eve party. Danny, my oldest son was like huh because we keep cats out of mud-room carefully before we leave... We were :pissed: when Danny said to us that he didn't notice that Blacky ran out of our house as he open the door so it took us over half hour to look for Blacky and call her name... no reply... keep on... I feel cold and went back in house and check cats... All of 3 cats are still in... I was like :confused: because Danny said that Blacky ran out of house but Blacky is still in room. I called them at our yard that Blacky is in... Danny was like WHAT and said that he DID saw it... We suggested him that it could be that he confused Blacky with Kim? After that, no more... It look like that Kim disappeared out of our house and leave us alone on the same time Danny saw it as he opened the door on New Year Eve.

I will post other story soon.

I watched new Ghost Hunters last night and it was very very good. They caught lot of evidences on thermial reader, and voice auido. it was great.

Eaglecreek63
wow that was really scary ghost story

It true story! Yea! scare me out! I not know later many yrs till 2001. I found out that girl ghost where It was a daughter of supt OSD (Oklahoma School for the Deaf). Around in 1945 to 1949, She was little girl died drowning the pond in the spot where Read Hall now build..
I researched found out that The Supt was name John Gough. Yes, His daughter died. He was very grief and moved to Gallanet Univ. (not right spelling) in Washington, D.C. He former lived in Missouri. I will more research and wanted see her picture when she was little girl!! What I saw her ghost. It broke my heart. When I been emotion for long time. God had a good reason for that..
I did meet old deaf people (In 1945 to 1960 who former students at OSD) and question about girl ghost. They said yes, it was supt's daughter died and drowning the pond. HOW SAD!!!!!! They said not know what caused she drowning. The supt John found her in pond and called police and came take her out from the pond. SHORT STORY! That's all I know.

I don't believe in ghosts as the spirits of dead people.

I do believe that Satan uses his demons to appear as spirits of people who have passed.

I also believe that people's minds can be effected by deep emotions, mental illnesses, chemical imbalances, drugs, and physical illnesses, which can be manifested as ghostly visions.

What s difference between ghost and spirit? Isn 't holy spirit considered as ghost? :confused:

What s difference between ghost and spirit? Isn 't holy spirit considered as ghost? :confused:
All people have a spirit, soul, and body. The Holy Spirit (also called the Holy Ghost) is 100 percent spirit.

Sometimes people refer to the spirits of dead people as "ghosts", usually meaning that the spirit of the deceased is still present on earth. When used in that context, they are also called "spirits of the dead", "haints", "spooks", or "apparitions" (if they are visible).

Most Americans use the word "ghost" to refer to dead people only.

Does that help?

I do believe in ghosts...I had that happen to me.

It was three years after my mother's death and I was in the kitchen, getting ready to go to school for the first day of school as sophmore, I felt my mother's spirit there, because I felt the warmth that she always had around her and I achually smell the perfume that she always wears. I turn around quickly, thinking it's all my imagination when I don't see anyone, as Dad and stepmom was already at work and my two sisters are upstairs getting ready, My boyfriend (now ex) was outside in the car, waiting. I whispered, "Mom, I wish you're here to see me..." then suddenly I felt someone lay a hand on my shoulder...knowing that no one's there and it's my mom's spirit... I smiled...because I know that she's there with me when I needed her and she's happy...

and as years gone by...Mom has always comes to me in dreams when I needed her. Only three times did I achually feel her pretence. Second was when I was giving birth to my son and third was when my son had to stay at the hospital over night due to Jaduice.

All people have a spirit, soul, and body. The Holy Spirit (also called the Holy Ghost) is 100 percent spirit.

Sometimes people refer to the spirits of dead people as "ghosts", usually meaning that the spirit of the deceased is still present on earth. When used in that context, they are also called "spirits of the dead", "haints", "spooks", or "apparitions" (if they are visible).

Does that help?

Gotcha. Both are same things depends on people's definition of holy spirit and ghost.

Does that help?

Right. :)

Oklahoma State for the Deaf where I was in Read Hall Dorm what happened true story girl ghost. I wanted show you pictures here... where Read Hall

Red arrow where there....

maps.jpg

The Oklahoma School for the Deaf Campus Map

Attachments

• 1map.jpg
    1map.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 13
I watched new Ghost Hunters last night and it was very very good. They caught lot of evidences on thermial reader, and voice auido. it was great.

Interesting...

My sons told us that they saw ghost hunters on TV sometimes and love it... My oldest son borrow DVD from his friends. We watched but shame that there're no subtitles. My both sons interpreted us time to time what it says and said that it's shame that we can't hear. It's original.. :eek3:

Yeah, me too. I don't believe in ghosts unless if what people say if that is true. I think it is all in your mind and in the figment of your imagination. I am pretty spiritual sometimes, but over all I don't think there is any ghosts. :dunno:

First of all, I am very sorry about the loss of your daughter. I was like wow after read your first thread.

Yes, at first I deny ghost and thought it's imaginary until I experienced it few times and collect my friends' experience in real life and also newspapers, etc. I really don't know what should I say... ghost? I would agree that ghost and spirit mean the same thing.

Reba's post
I don't believe in ghosts as the spirits of dead people.

I do believe that Satan uses his demons to appear as spirits of people who have passed.

I also believe that people's minds can be effected by deep emotions, mental illnesses, chemical imbalances, drugs, and physical illnesses, which can be manifested as ghostly visions.

I do not believe in Ghosts, I refused to talk to any spirits from the dead, as you know I'm a Christian, and according to the bible it says that the dead do not have contact with the living, Those spirits are unclean spirits or demons. I'm not trying to scare you away or anything, This is just what I believe.

Yes, that's what JW beleive in the same thing as well.

Yes, very true all twins do have sense in each other. I am sure it is a wonderful feeling. My sister and I were not twins but we do have a strong connection. I know that feeling.

Yes, that's right. My one year younger sister and I were not twin but we do have strong feeling connection each other. She was the one who can sign language. We can read our mind each other without say each other. I still dream of her sometimes... She talked to me in my dreams... I still miss her. (She died at almost 2 years ago).

I don't believe they were demons. Not all ghosts or spirits do harm anyone. They have reason. I don't think my sister was a demon for coming in my dream. She was trying to tell me something and she have got her said and left peacefully. No harm was done.

Exactly, that's how I feel when I saw my sister in my dream as well.

Not all ghosts/spirits harm us.

I told my boys that the ghost/spirits are harmless and cute - they only watch you and want to see you both okay...

Restless heart's post
Yes!!! But they lock her up the chimmey alive and seal shut. And built a wall to cover the fireplace. Later they wondered why the fireplace was seal shut inside the wall. It was the owner who did this, he had an affair with the servant! Tsk...tsk...yes it was later haunted and his wife was left in alysum because of it.

Ah yes, I have heard about that too. I also heard the story that goes way back I am not sure what year, there were too men who killed a young woman at age 19 somehow they performed an abortion she died. so they decided to buried her under the fireplace and some howe she was waking up and both men thought she died so they decied to kill her by throwing rock in her face and smashed her head. So her spirit never rested. So those two men somehow died in that house also. So they haunted the place. It was spooky.

Eaglecreek63's story...

*goose bump story* :cold:

Yes, that's what JW beleive in the same thing as well.

So? I thought we weren't supposed to discuss religions?

For your information, the JW's also believe that 2 + 2 = 4; so what does that prove? :roll:

Gotcha. Both are same things depends on people's definition of holy spirit and ghost.
Except "the Holy Spirit" is a proper name for a specific being.

Just "spirit" and "ghost" are general terms.

Like the difference of "the President of the United States" is a specific person but "the presidents of all the clubs" is general.

My personally opinion that the difference between ghost and spirit mean the same thing.
The basic English definitions are the same, except lumbingmi was asking specifically about the Holy Spirit meaning. That's different.

Back