Apple Mac laptop?

cautionary.png

So true! It's should happen to some ADers here. I noticed they have work so hard on Linux for issue with driver,hardware, re-config, redownload, reinstall os, and try other version linux.

abbottcostello.gif
You have to be old enough to remember Abbott and Costello, and too old to REALLY understand computers, to fully appreciate this. For those of us who sometimes get flustered by our computers, please read on...

If Bud Abbott and Lou Costello were alive today, their infamous sketch, 'Who's on First?' might have turned out something like this:

COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: Thanks I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.

ABBOTT: Your computer?

COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.

ABBOTT: What about Windows?

COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?

ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?

COSTELLO: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?

ABBOTT: Wallpaper.

COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.

ABBOTT: Software for Windows?

COSTELLO: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?

ABBOTT: I just did.

COSTELLO: You just did what?

ABBOTT: Recommend something.

COSTELLO: You recommended something?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: For my office?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: OK, what did you recommend for my office?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yes, for my office!

ABBOTT: I recommend Office with Windows.

COSTELLO: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?

ABBOTT: Word.

COSTELLO: What word?

ABBOTT: Word in Office.

COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.

ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.

COSTELLO: Which word in office for windows?

ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue 'W'.

COSTELLO: I'm going to click your blue 'w' if you don't start with some straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?

ABBOTT: Money.

COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?

COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?

ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.

COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?

COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?

ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.

COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?

ABBOTT: One copy.

COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?

ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.

COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?

ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

(A few days later)

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?

ABBOTT: Click on 'START'.............

I have an Apple MacBook. I like it because it has a built in screen reader and magnification up to 20x. It also has built in screen flashing for Deaf users and has other accommodations on the keyboard/mouse for mobility issues. :)

Yup, done by a simple hack. :D

Which hackintosh guide did you follow? Can you update the software?

Last time I looked into that, it would force a reboot every hour and had all kinds of problems.

Do you have any problems with it?

Which hackintosh guide did you follow? Can you update the software?

Last time I looked into that, it would force a reboot every hour and had all kinds of problems.

Do you have any problems with it?

I am not allow to say or provide link/source to the guide because of the forum rules. Just google it, and no I haven't had any problem so far nor rebooting every hours.

Parallels is worse ever I had! It's keep slow down and sometime crash down on my macbook. Not just OSX. My old coworker had same problem with his Vista for unstable. So I switch to Vmware and it much better and more stable for my macbook. My old coworker switch to Vmware for his PC too and much better.

This is better one.
VMware Fusion: Run Windows on Mac, for Mac Desktop Virtualization

You can try free trial if you like it or not.

Nice! How long you take it to finish? I don't bother to try it since I already have OSX for two years. I plan to get Snow Leopard this Friday. :)

It took me 2 days to make it right and figure out the drivers. All is well and perfect. I replace wireless card from my old laptop to acer since acer have wireless card issue which did not show up.
I did not use neither Parallels or Vmware. Just a full installation. Will be play with OS X until I am ready to buy the real one.

It took me 2 days to make it right and figure out the drivers. All is well and perfect. I replace wireless card from my old laptop to acer since acer have wireless card issue which did not show up.
I did not use neither Parallels or Vmware. Just a full installation. Will be play with OS X until I am ready to buy the real one.

Not bad. You are very luck for pick right laptop. Some laptop won't work due chipset and no way to replace it.

Good job!

Back