Apple Mac laptop?

My first dell laptop is 600m 6 years ago and still using it for "poor man" media streaming player and internet browsing on my 42" TV. I recently acquired Mini 9 from purple, they are great for basic stuff on the road. Only thing I was disappointed about mini 9 is they lack slot for WWAN (but can be added by soldering slot into board).

Soldering slot to board? If you try that, have you thought of BIOS that need to be reflashed to different BIOS from Dell netbook instead of Purple to enable Wifi card adapter slot.. It's pretty much similiar to Desktop with no AGP slot but have solder hole ready for installing AGP slot in ( here's website: http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-2271-Can-an-AGP-slot-be-added.html ). The only concern is that what about BIOS and also chipset that might have pre-configured to prevent user from using slot after they solder.

You might as well try hacking it and let us know if it works! :giggle:

If you fried a board, you're deep doo doo!!

Catty

504x_ComicApple.jpg

:giggle:

my family main iMac died last sunday where we all had it for 5.5 years, but fortunately the data has been saved, and it has been upgraded and replaced with a massive 24" iMac.

Hi

I use mac as everyday for email, browsing, SL game as well I have pc beside it for playing sl game with Windows XP!

Hated my dell got an Hewlett Packard instead..ok most part but now am getting sick of the probs its been havng so am getting a macbook

I am planning to get a Macbook Pro laptop soon. :)

My Macbook Pro laptop has been great and love it! :thumb:

Not bad, is it late 2008 or mid 2009?

I heard about late 2008 MacBook Pro has problem with magsafe, it cause to burn it.

I bought it recently 3 weeks ago.

I am a DELL owner, to a VOstro model and i have had no problems since I bought it, it has been virus free since I bought it in March as well. Im happy with it, just need more ram and an HDD upgrade then I'm a happy camper.

on the other hand -- ' Stay away from Dell' is old news, indeed. They have changed much, the call centre in India is no longer available. Call centres for Australia is now relocated in Sydney.

Good riddence

It means mid 2009, not bad.

I'm get new MacBook Pro in Sept or Oct to replace the old MacBook Pro.

Cool, mine is 2.66ghz 2nd top of the line of the 15".

Back