Apple announces new iPhone 5 at live event!

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I wanted iPhone 5 plan with Premium (which cost $10 extra for 4G) and I would be stuck with 3G till LTE start to service. I'm not going to pay $10 per month for that.

So, I guess I will have to wait till March where my contract ends. Then I will see.

Switch to Verizon then.

I had tried to stop at Apple store this afternoon to see new iPhone 5. they have lots of units. I really wanted to buy new one now but i already preordered other units last week ago. Rep told me to wait to get it in two days when processing to cancel preordering it, unfortunately. I m meaning to cancel it but iphone 5 will be sold out. I will wait to get package of it by mail on Oct. 5. Grrrr....

I had tried to stop at Apple store this afternoon to see new iPhone 5. they have lots of units. I really wanted to buy new one now but i already preordered other units last week ago. Rep told me to wait to get it in two days when processing to cancel preordering it, unfortunately. I m meaning to cancel it but iphone 5 will be sold out. I will wait to get package of it by mail on Oct. 5. Grrrr....

Oct 5? I'm insane, too. lol Also, I just ordered a new case with kickstand for my iPhone 5.

bd2-hk3iph5k-rb-2_1_.jpg

It's just a phone. I really don't understand all the hype with gadgets these days.

Some guy 'sold' his spot in line for $500 to a woman , then she had to pay for the phone too. That was one smart guy , I can't say the same for the woman.

The worlds 1st iPhone 5 went on sale in Tokyo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8oU2MgAW98]iPhone 5 Worlds 1st on sale in Tokyo - YouTube[/ame]
The worlds 1st iPhone 5 went on sale in Tokyo and people went Crazy and Nuts for it. iPhone 5 could turn out to be the most successful mobile handset ever. Apple have a winner

Reasons NOT to Buy the New iPhone5

1. The rise of the tablet
For a long time, the iPhone was the only "pocket computer" around and it just so happened it also made phone calls. But now with devices like the iPad, Nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire, there's plenty of portable computing choices. Given the larger screen size and comparable price point of something like the 7" Kindle Fire HD ($199) it may make sense to get a tablet and make your mobile calls on a basic, cheap "dumb phone."

2. You already have an iPhone -- and all the iPhone accessories
Apple is changing the docking port (i.e. charger) size for the iPhone 5. That means none of the peripherals we've been collecting for years will work anymore, at least without a $30 adapter that Apple will no doubt be happy to sell you. What will still work is an iPhone 4S -- a really nice phone that's about to get a lot cheaper. Plus, all iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S devices are eligible for a free upgrade to the iPhone's new operating system, iOS 6. So you can still take advantage of the more than 200 new software features packed into the iPhone 5, like enhancements to Siri and Mail.

3. You can get a Samsung Galaxy SIII instead
This is a bigger, faster phone than the iPhone 4S and it already has LTE compatibility, one of the big selling points for the iPhone 5. Plus it's only $99 right now from Amazon, which is $100 cheaper than the lowest-end iPhone 5. A pretty good deal as long as you like Android.

For a long time, the iPhone was the only "pocket computer" around and it just so happened it also made phone calls. But now with devices like the iPad, Nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire, there's plenty of portable computing choices. Given the larger screen size and comparable price point of something like the 7" Kindle Fire HD ($199) it may make sense to get a tablet and make your mobile calls on a basic, cheap "dumb phone."

Apple is changing the docking port (i.e. charger) size for the iPhone 5. That means none of the peripherals we've been collecting for years will work anymore, at least without a $30 adapter that Apple will no doubt be happy to sell you. What will still work is an iPhone 4S -- a really nice phone that's about to get a lot cheaper. Plus, all iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S devices are eligible for a free upgrade to the iPhone's new operating system, iOS 6. So you can still take advantage of the more than 200 new software features packed into the iPhone 5, like enhancements to Siri and Mail.

This is a bigger, faster phone than the iPhone 4S and it already has LTE compatibility, one of the big selling points for the iPhone 5. Plus it's only $99 right now from Amazon, which is $100 cheaper than the lowest-end iPhone 5. A pretty good deal as long as you like Android.

Samsung Galaxy SIII is piece of shit.

Nice shilling. :roll:

Good news for deaf Verizon customers - you have a free tethering included in tiered data only plan and Verizon no longer to charge them anymore, except for unlimited data.

Watch out for data usage and LTE will EASILY max your data cap out in an hour.

Don't use LTE to watch streaming movies, unless you don't mind to pay 1 GB extra for $10. Don't leave auto-download on for any apps like no auto-update.

I just played with Verizon LTE and it is very faster. I got 36 mb/s max on download and 25/s max on upload.

It will very easily to kill the data cap if you don't check the usage and it is just faster like home internet.

At my university, I got 30 to 40 mb/s on download but 1 mb/s on upload via WiFi.

There is bug about Verizon LTE.

If you turn LTE off in setting so you will stuck with 3G CDMA until you reboot the iPhone 5 to get LTE back.

I just played with Verizon LTE and it is very faster. I got 36 mb/s max on download and 25/s max on upload.

It will very easily to kill the data cap if you don't check the usage and it is just faster like home internet.

At my university, I got 30 to 40 mb/s on download but 1 mb/s on upload via WiFi.

What? You got iPhone 5 already? or walk in Verizon store for play with display iPhone 5?

What? You got iPhone 5 already? or walk in Verizon store for play with display iPhone 5?

I already got iPhone 5 in my pocket after delivered yesterday.

Remember, I preordered last week - Friday and got delivery on Sept 21 as promised.

I already got iPhone 5 in my pocket after delivered yesterday.

Remember, I preordered last week - Friday and got delivery on Sept 21 as promised.

I got message from apple this morning. Package will be delivery on Sept. 28. :) I already ordered kickstand & holster belt clip case by eBay today.

Back