Apple announces new iPhone 5 at live event!

Better check if your iPhone 5 is defective.
Some Early iPhone 5 Adopters Report Odd Screen Issues | TechCrunch

This is quickly becoming somewhat of a routine event after Apple’s latest iPhone goes on sale: A number of early adopters are having issues with the screens on their new phones. When the iPhone 4 first launched two years ago, quite a few users got devices that had odd yellow spots in some areas, for example. This time around, the issues are a bit more mysterious. Some iPhone 5s, for example, show an odd bubble effect when their users press the screen too hard. Others report that their screens are flickering and are blurry in some areas.

It’s not clear how widespread these issues are, but a number of videos that demonstrate these problems have now popped up on YouTube (via Arnold Kim).

Here is an example of the odd bubble effect:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4kYbiygU6A]iPhone 5 Screen Issue - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLbo2I4fjuY]iPhone5 screen flashing - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qLJ4kzW8DM]iPhone 5 Screen fault - YouTube[/ame]

On the MacRumors forum, some users also complain about some backlight bleeding issues and on Apple’s own forum, at least one user complained about the fact that the lower part of his screen is blurry and another reported that his phone shows “a wavy line at the bottom and the top of the screen that is slightly discolored.”

We will keep tracking this, but let us know if you are having similar issues with your new iPhone 5

It says Los Angeles - Long Beach - Gendale.
We don't know if they mean LA city or LA county, though. Long Beach is pretty big by itself.

They are probably rolling out where they have large amounts of Sprint subscribers. The rollout map gives me the impression there are more Sprint users on the east than west coast.

It makes sense though, there are a lot of AT&T and T-mobile users on the west.

I don't live in Los Angeles area - especially not in those cities. And I'm not sure why you had to patronize me about how big Long Beach is. I worked in Long Beach for numerous months and it's not big as Los Angeles city itself. Where I live, it won't pick up any signal from LA, LB, and Glendale.

I don't live in Los Angeles area - especially not in those cities. And I'm not sure why you had to patronize me about how big Long Beach is. I worked in Long Beach for numerous months and it's not big as Los Angeles city itself. Where I live, it won't pick up any signal from LA, LB, and Glendale.

:shock:
No one is patronizing you, I'm sorry if you misread what I said and that is how I sounded like.

I saw your post #177 and thought you were under the impression it's only activating in Glendale. I went to add to the post that it's not just Glendale, it's Los Angeles (unknown if city or county) and Long Beach as well, and that Long Beach City is a pretty decent chunk of LA county. That's cool you worked in Long Beach.

Does Verizon have special deal for hearing impaired people like Sprint Relay offer? I looked up at Verizon and it seems they only offer voice+data plans. I don't want voice, just data only plan.

I know there was a post about it, but I was too lazy to look through pages. :)

Thanks. :)

iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3: Which is fast?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqK8vBcU7Sk]iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy S3, Which Is Faster? - YouTube[/ame]

I thought Apple removed Google Earth map...

iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy S3, Which Is Faster? - YouTube

I thought Apple removed Google Earth map...
Wrong.

The google earth is a stand alone app released by Google.

They removed the default maps app (so does the youtube app) that has been running with google maps.

Google has released an stand alone google maps for the apple, but is awaiting for the apple team to approve it before it goes in.

Riot breaks out at Foxconn

Riot breaks out at Foxconn's Taiyuan plant, reportedly over guards beating up a worker -- Engadget

Update 3: An undercover report from August mentioned that the Taiyuan plant processed the back casing of the iPhone 5. It also highlighted the company's harsh management as well as "practically compulsory" over-time work. We don't doubt that this riot escalated due to dissatisfaction over working conditions.

Jeez, better not destory iPhone 5 factory.

Good news for deaf Verizon customers - you have a free tethering included in tiered data only plan and Verizon no longer to charge them anymore, except for unlimited data.

Watch out for data usage and LTE will EASILY max your data cap out in an hour.

Don't use LTE to watch streaming movies, unless you don't mind to pay 1 GB extra for $10. Don't leave auto-download on for any apps like no auto-update.

LTE is pretty fast. However, I tested with ZVRS, it's like 80% smooth. So, I don't think it will keep up that longer.

However I switch from LTE to 3G. And it last for 30 hours from first full charge to auto-shut down. Very impressive battery.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqZLOTms24E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqZLOTms24E[/ame]

Want An iPhone 5 Tomorrow? Personal Pickup Starts At 10PM Tonight

Screen-Shot-2012-09-24-at-2.34.50-PM.jpg

Apple to begin taking iPhone 5 Personal Pickup retail reservations in US tonight

Verizon iPhone 5 is first place for fast delivery over second AT&T and third Sprint.. groans.. I can't wait!

Just visited Verizon today (not buying iPhone 5 yet) to ask all stupid questions... They said to get on hearing impaired plan, I must prove them with doctor note saying I'm really hearing impaired. Jeez, I haven't been to ear doctor forever.

And asked about the 2GB cap - I wanted to rise up to 5GB cap and they said no, it's not possible unless I sign up with voice + data plan, I can rise cap. Really? Is 2GB a month enough for me? I probably not use VP or Face Time much, but I do surfing web lot when I'm at work (during break time ;)). I'm asking Verizon customers here, is 2GB enough for you?

Last, I'm bit concern about terminating contract with Sprint (my 2 year contract ends this March). I spoken to Sprint when I was considering to switch plan - terminating my current plan and switch to iPhone 5 and they said it will cost me $50 if I quit my current plan. Now I wonder - will it still cost me $50 if I decided to quit and switch to Verizon? That's big question. :|

Back