Apple announces new iPhone 5 at live event!

Just visited Verizon today (not buying iPhone 5 yet) to ask all stupid questions... They said to get on hearing impaired plan, I must prove them with doctor note saying I'm really hearing impaired. Jeez, I haven't been to ear doctor forever.

And asked about the 2GB cap - I wanted to rise up to 5GB cap and they said no, it's not possible unless I sign up with voice + data plan, I can rise cap. Really? Is 2GB a month enough for me? I probably not use VP or Face Time much, but I do surfing web lot when I'm at work (during break time ;)). I'm asking Verizon customers here, is 2GB enough for you?

Last, I'm bit concern about terminating contract with Sprint (my 2 year contract ends this March). I spoken to Sprint when I was considering to switch plan - terminating my current plan and switch to iPhone 5 and they said it will cost me $50 if I quit my current plan. Now I wonder - will it still cost me $50 if I decided to quit and switch to Verizon? That's big question. :|

You can pay 1 GB extra for $10.

Just visited Verizon today (not buying iPhone 5 yet) to ask all stupid questions... They said to get on hearing impaired plan, I must prove them with doctor note saying I'm really hearing impaired. Jeez, I haven't been to ear doctor forever.

Sprint Relay Store don't need to prove a doctor note. They use to contract with videophone for make sure I speak Sign Language for deaf. If not, They think I'm fraud as hearing person. ha

Oh, wow. I didn't know that Verizon policy. also, AT&T's TAP need to prove a doctor note.

Sprint Relay Store don't need to prove a doctor note. They use to contract with videophone for make sure I speak Sign Language for deaf. If not, They think I'm fraud as hearing person. ha

Oh, wow. I didn't know that Verizon policy. also, AT&T's TAP need to prove a doctor note.

Verizon hasn't ask me for doctor note. :lol:

You can pay 1 GB extra for $10.

Yeah, but it does not answer to my question: is 2GB enough for a month?

Funny, when I signed to sprint, I don't even have VP at all. When they said they request me to contact them with VP, I scrambled to get VP with my laptop webcam. Lol took me 3 days to set it up. I was wayyyyy behind with technology!

Funny, when I signed to sprint, I don't even have VP at all. When they said they request me to contact them with VP, I scrambled to get VP with my laptop webcam. Lol took me 3 days to set it up. I was wayyyyy behind with technology!

Are u a current Sprint Relay user or hearing Sprint user? :confused:

And asked about the 2GB cap - I wanted to rise up to 5GB cap and they said no, it's not possible unless I sign up with voice + data plan, I can rise cap. Really? Is 2GB a month enough for me? I probably not use VP or Face Time much, but I do surfing web lot when I'm at work (during break time ;)). I'm asking Verizon customers here, is 2GB enough for you?

Last, I'm bit concern about terminating contract with Sprint (my 2 year contract ends this March). I spoken to Sprint when I was considering to switch plan - terminating my current plan and switch to iPhone 5 and they said it will cost me $50 if I quit my current plan. Now I wonder - will it still cost me $50 if I decided to quit and switch to Verizon? That's big question. :|

We got Deaf Plan without problem at Verizon store and no doctor proof need.

Rolling eyes.... nice surprise present of Samsung Galaxy S3.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs8NVl74uYs]Samsung Galaxy S3 REAL Hammer Drop Test (comments enabled) - YouTube[/ame]

iPhone 5 Problems: Apple Tries to Steal Google Maps Staff to Fix Its iOS 6 Maps Mess
After a week in which Apple received mixed reviews from the launch of its highly anticipated iPhone 5 and iOS 6 operating system, the company is ready to fix the Public Relations mishap generated by its flawed new maps solution after the Apple/Google break up, over competing smart phone Android, prompted Apple to drop Google Maps from its new operating system -- leaving millions of iPhone/Google Maps lovers in the dark.

And what a better way of doing so that by stealing your competition's talent? According to Tech Crunch, Apple is "aggressively recruiting" Google Maps staff in order to improve its new iOS 6 Maps application, which due to its failures has gained the Cupertino company the "iPhone 5 problems" moniker in numerous online memes -- including the ironic Tumblr blog "The Amazing iOS 6 Maps."

Using recruiters, Apple is reportedly going Google Maps staffers as a quick way to develop its new product. This strategy of "luring away" Google workers, though, could backfire as many tech workers sign confidentiality agreements which prevent them from revealing the company's secrets to the competition once the contractual relationship is ended.

However, this is a potential legal risk that Apple seems to be willing to undergo. And many of these employees seem eager to go along with the tactic, due in part to the opportunity of working for one of the only tech giants that at this point is able to rival Google.

According to a Tech Crunch's source — a contractor who worked on Google Maps as part of a massive undertaking to integrate Street View and newly licensed third-party data to improve European coverage, as well as develop the platform’s turn-by-turn navigation — when attention turned to indoor mapping, things started to become less interesting and a lot of staff began looking around for other opportunities.

That, apparently, turned out to be good timing for Apple which seems to be "actively looking for more talent" to add to its team. And while there’s a long and steep hill to climb for Apple in order to reach the level of Google Maps, the Cupertino company believes that the possibility of building a platform that truly competes with Google Maps is well within reach. Will Google enter a legal battle with Apple similar to the Cupertino company with Samsung over patents? Stay tuned.

clever move by Apple to gain an edge over its rival Google... make a crappy product as a promised dream so that they can lure some Google Map staff to work for Apple. Apple has enough money and legal manpower to take care of legal battle.

Are u a current Sprint Relay user or hearing Sprint user? :confused:

Not sure why you're confused - I signed up Sprint Relay with their deaf plan. When I bought HTC EVO with deaf plan, they emailed me and told me to contact them via VP which I do not have VP at that time. They said they need to verify that I'm deaf before they process my order. Is it clear now? :)

Not sure why you're confused - I signed up Sprint Relay with their deaf plan. When I bought HTC EVO with deaf plan, they emailed me and told me to contact them via VP which I do not have VP at that time. They said they need to verify that I'm deaf before they process my order. Is it clear now? :)

Well, you said "Sprint". I have not seen your word "Sprint Relay Store" yet. I thought u mean you walk in Sprint store for hearing customer without order to Sprint Relay Store online by yourself.

I was too lazy to spell it out "Sprint Relay Store." :) Or we can summary it to "SRS."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=artOb4X0HLE]Hands-on with the new iPhone 5 - YouTube[/ame]

lol on everyone's did-not-show-doctor-note stories. Verizon salesperson was so stressed about how it request to show the note. Next door neighbor is doctor (not ear doctor), I might ask him to write me one and see if they'll accept it. lol

lol on everyone's did-not-show-doctor-note stories. Verizon salesperson was so stressed about how it request to show the note. Next door neighbor is doctor (not ear doctor), I might ask him to write me one and see if they'll accept it. lol

Try to walk in Apple store. Maybe, They can help you.

Try to walk in Apple store. Maybe, They can help you.

I don't think it will work because they use computerized system for you to pick the plan and if you need special plan so you have go to official wireless store like Verizon store, Sprint store, etc.

I finally got new iPhone 5 yesterday. Shipping was earlier than Oct 5. :)

Do anyone have issues with iPhone 5 from Wi-fi to 3G/LTE? I couldn't get 3G/LTE work anymore after I'm not in wi-fi zone. I tried to turn airport ON for few second then turn off to get data work. NONE. I tried turn cell network OFF. NONE.

Last solution, I reboot and it works. WTF. I hope the bug will fix on next update.

Do anyone have issues with iPhone 5 from Wi-fi to 3G/LTE? I couldn't get 3G/LTE work anymore after I'm not in wi-fi zone. I tried to turn airport ON for few second then turn off to get data work. NONE. I tried turn cell network OFF. NONE.

Last solution, I reboot and it works. WTF. I hope the bug will fix on next update.

I m too. Weird thing about wifi. I turned off 3G/LTE to use wifi when setup my password for wifi at my work building. Should get update 6.0.1. We may send compliant message to Apple support.

Back