Aphrodite: ASK her!

Since you love to travel, tell me - where have you been touched to before? Name them all if you can. :thumb:

Originally posted by Aphrodite
Few people told me that I will FALL in love with Barcelona... my sister told me that it suits me well and one stranger told me that she have that vibe that the city fits my insight... espeically art.

Yeah, I want to see Barcelona one day too, especially Gaudi park and the famous unfinished cathederal that Gaudi designed. I think a foreign movie called "Arbe los Ojos" (Open the Eyes, which is the Spanish movie that Vanilla Sky copied off from) was shot in Barcelona. It really looked great in the movie. Do you know Gaudi, and what is your favourite type of art?

That's why I am choosing a profession in school so I can TAKE SUMMERS OFF!

Good idea! :thumb:

Did you forget to add "Herm" to the beginning of your name?

Where would you want to live outside of United States?

how did u find out abt AD, and how long have u been around here?? how is ur life living in NJ lately? :)

Originally posted by knightwolf68
u don't have to give the whole details but u just feel like to input little bits about urself that u feel it is worth for everybody to get know who u are ..

Well - it is still too broad! At least, you can learn a bit more about myself when you read my responses to these AD peeps' questions!

As for now - I am a drifter, am almost done with a M.A. degree, pondering what to do next in life, and I am a good artist in my own style.

Just ASK a question that I can answer somethin' about myself!

Originally posted by kuifje75
Up to now, which place was your favourite place to visit?

For now, I would say these Greek Islands in Aegean Sea was my FAVOURITE place to visit. I had been to other islands, such as Carribbean - but Greek Islands is the FAR out BEST I had been to. Unique places, great food, perfect enviornment, kinky people - as you name it.

My 3 top favorites: Santorini - the town is built on the edge of the cliff and it provides a perfect place to dine by the sunset.

Paros: rent a moped and explore its countryside - goats trailin the old lady on the roadside!!!

Mykonos - its beautiful alleys that is crammed with stores, resturants and bars - and beaches are good down there.

Originally posted by ChelEler
Since you love to travel, tell me - where have you been touched to before? Name them all if you can. :thumb:

As I already mentioned some, but I can answer this question to you.

My parents always take me with them when they plan their trips... and I managed to make my own trips as I got older.

Europe:
Greece
Holland
France
England/Spain this summer

Went to Hawaii, Carribbean Islands (Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Cozumel, etc) with my family for our vacations together.

I had been all over USA expect for Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Utah and New Mexico!

As my life goes on, the list will be expanded! :D

Originally posted by kuifje75

Do you know Gaudi, and what is your favourite type of art?

I don't know about Gaudi, so fill me in. I like to learn new stuff.

My favorite type of art is like mixed modern, but with a simple tone of beauty in it. I only just liked art in general and appericate them as much as I can as I see them. I usually like artists that suits my style - can be a bit of abstract, but at the same time realistic. I already visited Van Gough and Dali's muesums in Europe, plus the Louvre museum as I cannot believe my eyes!

Originally posted by VamPyroX
Did you forget to add "Herm" to the beginning of your name?

Herm?

Uh-huh? I don't get ya. What name are you referring to? My AD name?

Originally posted by e
Where would you want to live outside of United States?

Ah, there are a LOT of places that I don't mind live outside of the United States...

Would say either Amsterdam or one of these Greek Islands.

Originally posted by Grumpy Kiki
how did u find out abt AD, and how long have u been around here?? how is ur life living in NJ lately? :)

Kiki! Kiki!

Found about AD during the holidays as I got reunited with Lunz after not talking to him for 2 years. When he was quiet on our IM conversation, I was like uhh? And he told me he is busy fuckin' around with AD (yes, he was driving people nuts by then) and told me that I should check it out - that's how I ended up coming here ever since. I was quiet for past few months til recently as my life got quieted down and I am less busy than before (my national exam was OVER) so I come here to kill some time!

I am not in NJ since Jan - will be back there in few weeks as I am enjoying my experience here in So. Cal!

Originally posted by knightwolf68
what do du see in urself from 5 years from now ?

Hopefully, to own a house - so I can contribute my time to decorate it out, having a love of life, my travel list more extended by then, and having a fruitful life - and being in a good stance with my career!

It is hard to predict this right now, ESPECIALLY that I am about to be done with school and I am still unsure what to do next! As for now, I will follow the flow and see what is in the store for me.

I don't know about Gaudi, so fill me in. I like to learn new stuff.

You probably would like Gaudi. He is sort of an abstract artist from early 1900s in Spain.

This is the link about the park I was talking about in Barcelona, which I erroneously named Gaudi Park. Its actually Parc Güell.

http://www.op.net/~jmeltzer/Gaudi/parkgell.html
http://www.gaudi2002.bcn.es/english/obras/07.htm

And the cathederal that is unfinished...

http://www.gaudi2002.bcn.es/english/obras/11.htm
http://www.sagradafamilia.org/eng/principal.htm

This link has a lot of great information about Barcelona and Gaudi.
http://www.gaudi2002.bcn.es/english/index.htm

Originally posted by Aphrodite
As I already mentioned some, but I can answer this question to you.

My parents always take me with them when they plan their trips... and I managed to make my own trips as I got older.

Europe:
Greece
Holland
France
England/Spain this summer

Went to Hawaii, Carribbean Islands (Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Cozumel, etc) with my family for our vacations together.

I had been all over USA expect for Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Utah and New Mexico!

As my life goes on, the list will be expanded! :D

Wow, are the deaf different from each other when you visit them (if you ever had the chance)?

Originally posted by ChelEler
Wow, are the deaf different from each other when you visit them (if you ever had the chance)?

Oh, yes! I met some locals in Amsterdam and Greece - and of course, they sign way different than we do and how they see in their lives - it is def. different than ours. I was in a culture shock when I was only one AMERICAN at the deaf basketball tourney in Partas, Greece back in 2000 - and 13 different countries' teams attended this tourney. They like to PARTY and SOCALIZIE HARD HARD than us! That's why I never forgot that week as I had to stay up til 6am daily chatting with these people!

I met three deaf British guys here in U.S.A and they do sign different - and I learned some BSL from them - so I am looking forward to meet them in England and the deaf community. Plus, I plan to check the deaf club in Barcelona as well. I went to Deaf Way II event last summer - and it was awesome meeting other people from different countries - especially from Spain as they are so LOYAL about their deaf club for their gatherings.

Do you remember any of foreign SLs you learned?
Do you find the Spainards to be very warm and friendly ppl?
Are you going to visit any hearing friends too?

Back