Aphrodite: ASK her!

It is just based on similar interests!

Perhaps Kevbo can be jealous? *snickering*

I have no reason why should I be jealous and no, I do not feel threatened. :P

Originally posted by kevbo
I have no reason why should I be jealous and no, I do not feel threatened. :P

Goody-good.

So, you are just showing your observations?

Originally posted by kuifje75

Next question for you:
If you were given an opportunity to visit a planet within our solar system, which would you visit and why?

Jupiter - because I would like to see the close-up of its ring that is around it and see what the red mark is all about!

Originally posted by Aphrodite
Heh - enjoying life and its culture in Greece is a top consideration. Just feast at the stroke of midnight, dine and drink and dance to enjoy the life with friendly and easygoing people in Greece. Just sit back and enjoy the scenary, renting a moped - simple things, indeed... and intimate details can be hidden somewhere these stuff that I mentioned! There is much to tell so my 2 photo albums tell all! :D I did a lot in a month, tho. My most favorite thing to hop in a private sailboat with few strangers. I actually did it in Greece and it was the best time of my life. Sailing in the middle of nowhere in Aegean Sea!

What about you? If you are in Greece?

Will keep you in mind if I ever have a chance to go to Norway!

Hey, that's just beautiful! Wow. You just hopped in a private sailboat with a few strangers :naughty: ----it definitely sounds like you are just in your element, when you are in Greece. Must've been an old soul, with a past life or more there. What do you think about that? (past life in Greece)

I traveled with a deaf group (I was 16 or so) to Italy and Greece back in '97. We looked at museums and walked around in Roma, then sailed to Greece. It was quite interesting, and I wish I could have had enough time.. but it was just for 10 days. I really liked Delphi, though. heh heh. If I went again, I would have liked to take a few weeks of vacation.. and explore all the old places mentioned in the legends.. search for Mt Olympics and the supposed Elysian Fields. hehehee.. eat balkavan cakes and all! Then go to Egypt... connecting the old mysteries, and .... oh damn, haha I'll stop now! ;)

Speaking of greek mythology, I am planning to host a farewell/birthday/graduation party on May 10th for my friends here in California. (Wanted to host in NJ when I return in few weeks, but it is wrong timing so here in Calif is the best) It is going to be a Greek-theme imposed party and my main goal is to get my guests to be educated about greek mythology, by being given a GOD or GODDESS name to be labeled for the rest of the night at the party, to be creative with their assigned characters and discuss more features about the mythology!

You are very creative, weaving what you love with what you do in life. I like that! This might be a real dumb Q but is Aphrodite your favorite goddess? Or are there other goddesses/gods? If you chose this goddess, then why?

Also, what is your favorite greek myth story?

Jupiter - because I would like to see the close-up of its ring that is around it and see what the red mark is all about!

:shock: The red mark??!! Isn't that some kind of storm? Allright, I read some stuff from NASA site, National Geographic society mag, PBS.org, and watch the Discovery channel. :laugh2:

Sorry for being OT, but I used to have a penpal called Ann-Karin, who lives in Trondheim. By chance do you know her? I stopped writing to her because she and I didn't really hit it off.

Aphrodite, I will let you know how that movie went. And one question for you from the book of "If"....

If your friends were coming to town, where would you take them to eat at, if money was no object?

Nei, jeg viter ikke henne (No, I don't know her). I know some deafies in Ålesund, though. I already participate in the deaf club there, and come to social gatherings. I would take them at gunpoint and demand for them to cough up some contacts in Trondheim! :laugh2: I do know this guy, Finn, who came to Deaf Way 2 from Trondheim.. and I met him there, incidentially. My first Norwegian deafie! ;) Somebody will always know someone or something around here. :whip: Kuifje for going off topic! :laugh2:

Aprod, not a problem at all about visiting Norway. :D Hey, I find the Norse myths fascinating here!

Tell me about that movie. I heard about that movie from a friend.

The movie "Real Women Have Curves" was really great. I thought it was a foreign movie, but it was actually an American movie, but made by Mexican ppl. Spanish is spoken, and so is English. I had subtitles on the whole time so I wouldn't miss the English dialogues out too. Anyway, I found some things in this movie to be humourous, like the dramatic mother and the stripping to bras and undies in the sewing shop. (oh great, now I see men saying Whoo whoo, now I want to see it now, but really, its nothing sexual *wink*) Really a very good movie, I totally recommend it.

And your next question from me is:
If you had to sew your own costume for next Halloween, what would you sew?

Originally posted by Liza

You are very creative, weaving what you love with what you do in life. I like that! This might be a real dumb Q but is Aphrodite your favorite goddess? Or are there other goddesses/gods? If you chose this goddess, then why?

Also, what is your favorite greek myth story?

My short life in Greece is far out beautiful, yes! :)

I don't have any "Favorite" gods/goddesses - but I just found this name unique - and decide to use it for AD member name. Right now I am gathering the names for the party - and from this point, I might see which one is my favorite! I used to read a lot of mythologies in high school, but it stopped during college. I do remember some gods and goddesses names, that's how I picked Aphrodite. Since I am done with college and I am back to my old pleasure reading rituals, I might find a chance this summer to review some past mythologies! Need to find a book! I usually read some on internet but it is not enuff! Dont ya agree? Give me some time to answer this question later on! :)

"Real Women Have Curves" - sounds like a good movie. Will keep this in my mind when I have a chance to go to the rental movie store in the near future!

I don't mind sewing up a costume that is something from medivial times! Their dresses and peasant dresses looks so appealing, so I don't mind havin a costume like this - to just show the natural beauty of the anicent times!

Hey - Kuifje75...

where did you get these questions that you asked me? "IF" ones? From a book? If so, can you tell me what kind of the book?

I am collecting these kind of books to expand more questions so I can work with my students more effectively and creative for my counseling profession! :)

Yeah, from the book of "If"
I think each book has like 500 questions.
But a few here I put down were not from the book, though.
Authors are Evelyn McFarlane and James Saywell
I love these books and use them for parties or with my mates.
Could be good idea for your counselling job too!

Since I had been away from AD for a while - I thought I will bring this thread back to get myself refreshed up for other threads as well!!

Any further questions to shoot out?!? Yelp out?!? :)

Aphrodite said:
Yuppers. Am tailorin' up my plans to go to England in July to visit few friends in few cities/towns. I promised them a while ago that I would visit them when I met them here in U.S.A in past few years. Then, I plan to find a way to transport myself to Spain to meet a friend up in there and we will explore around. Few people told me that I will FALL in love with Barcelona... my sister told me that it suits me well and one stranger told me that she have that vibe that the city fits my insight... espeically art. IT will be a month long trip - I believe. Plan to purchase the tickets soon.

I wish I can go to other countries more than England and Spain, but time and budget doesn't permit at all - and I already had been to France, Holland and Greece before.

Italy, Germany, Switerzland, Austria and some Eastern Europe countries are still waiting on my wish list. That's why I am choosing a profession in school so I can TAKE SUMMERS OFF!

how was your recent summer travel in England ? what
was the best story/memory you had experience while
you were traveling in England ?

p.s. I was in Amsterdam for a business trip (I actually
LOVE Amsterdam.. very cool and laid-back.)

Back