Apartment Questions.....

Electronic Benefit Transcations it's came from the county assistance service. Long time I was on my vacation trip to Tulsa, OK'a.. I test my Minnesota EBT card at the Tulsa University ATM and it's work! I took the cash out of TU's ATM. But You can't buy at the store with outstate EBTs, it's must be use at the ATM only to take cash out.

The County assistance service superised, TU ATM charged a fee to the county's expense and No charge on mines LOL!

:ty: for the explanation. :)

i'm definitely going to look into ebt cash before my move to tucson.

My 3 brothers have told me that it would be ideal if I move to the big city as there might be issues with the little city which I had been considering.. btw the little city is about 25 to 30 minutes drive southeast of the big city and might be a bit tad too long in case of emergency and etc... so best to have me live in the big city where my brothers could reach me in say, 20 mins or so... so I am gonna move to the big city by mid-March (cant tell the city name in here for personal reasons) and look for a job and a nice apartment (will start apartment hunting once I get some appointments in somehow and do it...)

My 3 brothers have told me that it would be ideal if I move to the big city as there might be issues with the little city which I had been considering.. btw the little city is about 25 to 30 minutes drive southeast of the big city and might be a bit tad too long in case of emergency and etc... so best to have me live in the big city where my brothers could reach me in say, 20 mins or so... so I am gonna move to the big city by mid-March (cant tell the city name in here for personal reasons) and look for a job and a nice apartment (will start apartment hunting once I get some appointments in somehow and do it...)

very cool.

Sharky, that sounds ideal to move to the city for more opportunity for jobs and being close to your family in case an emergancy arises. Have fun apt hunting :)

I'm bumping this up.. want to bring up something... have any of ya ever have something happen to ya.. I will explain this a bit...

I was told by my 3rd brother's wife about the money from the sellers... was told the money would come in April or so.. BUT the problem is I am to move by March 15.. how is that possible that the sellers could move in but not pay up fully?? It really bother me and also leave me in a lurch as I am the only one out of 4 brothers who are working (I am trying to land a job so I can work finally) and no place.. I really do not want to live with someone temporary while getting an apartment going with no money from the farm sale for a month or 2.. it would make me feel uncomfortable being in someone's house for a brief period of time (that how I feel about this) and I would rather be in my own place...so is there any way to force the sellers to get the money up before the move deadline or what?? I would like to know that and yes I plan on discussing this with my brothers about this...

I'm bumping this up.. want to bring up something... have any of ya ever have something happen to ya.. I will explain this a bit...

I was told by my 3rd brother's wife about the money from the sellers... was told the money would come in April or so.. BUT the problem is I am to move by March 15.. how is that possible that the sellers could move in but not pay up fully?? It really bother me and also leave me in a lurch as I am the only one out of 4 brothers who are working (I am trying to land a job so I can work finally) and no place.. I really do not want to live with someone temporary while getting an apartment going with no money from the farm sale for a month or 2.. it would make me feel uncomfortable being in someone's house for a brief period of time (that how I feel about this) and I would rather be in my own place...so is there any way to force the sellers to get the money up before the move deadline or what?? I would like to know that and yes I plan on discussing this with my brothers about this...

the sellers or the buyers? Do you mean the buyer? The sellers is you or your brothers...whose idea was to move in by March 15th? you or the buyers? Since you and your brothers are the sellers, you are allowed to tell the buyer not to decide when they want to move in and kick you our of your own home without any money upfront. If I was a seller, I make my own decision, not theirs. What I did with my two homes in the past, I make sure the buyer pays the percent of my home like ten percent for an example, then sign agreement for them to pay fully at the day of the sale, during the agreement, we all agree what day I can move out and for them to move in, that is when they pay upfront!!! Or I tell the realtors and the buyers go to Hell if they don't respect my wishes because the buyers have no right to kick the sellers out and never pay upfront, that is a huge no-no for me...

So about looking for a place, I do some of the following in few posts about what to ask the landlord, etc... I also check for where we are if we are North, South, West or East, I check the stant of our sun. :D I make sure I get the full sun since I love gardening and outdoors. And I make sure I get full sun half of the day for my indoor plants. Shade is a no-no for me, partial sun is still ok at the least. And PLEASE, PLEASE check under the sink :D because most ppl do leave damage flooring under the sink...You are allowed to flush the toliet, run the water to see if it is running slow or fast. Check your shower for any holes, make sure the pipes are not loose. Check for borders and edges of the rooms for any sign of holes or crack because you do not want mice to crawl beside you in your sleep, even cockroaches... GOOD LUCK!!! :D

I would talk to your brothers and share your concerns.

The problem is there is too many people involved with the sale. What is one interpretation may be different from another.

Who is handling the sale? Ask them what is going on for sure so that you can make the necessary arrangements for yourself.

Read CAREFULLY! I mentioned I don't know the system in Canada. Beside, I am helping out a dear friend of mine what to look for when it comes to apt search. Your off the topic about Quebec and French here.

Okay, thanks for your input. As I had that experience with background checks as another member stated as well. Let's just proceed with the topic, ok?

i agree

that all of us are just helping a ader to look for apt
but we would have rant about how landlord treated the apt complexs like trashes. as we are aware of to live we need place to live that are in good conditions.

Talk to your brothers directly, not the inlaws.

Let your brothers and your sister know of your concerns so they can understand your predicament.

I plan on that, Mrs Bucket.... will have to email them and explain... I hope I have the right words to explain why...

Byrdie...my 3rd brother is the executor of the farm as is in the wills of my parents so he is handling that sale work and etc...

Tess.. I will do these things ya suggested... that will be something to look at and decide what is good and what is not good in terms of living conditions for any apartment....

Yep Moonflower that was for helping with tips for me to look for in apartments and that ranting by the other poster was way rude and not the point of this topic and Ocean said it best with what experiences and etc for background checking and etc...

I've seen many section 8 housings in Milwaukee, and I have liked only a few, but most were too far like in East Deer or something like that...near Mill Road? I forgot. Not enough buses on Mill Road at night, anyway.

I realized I made an error in the suburb name...I meant Brown Deer, not East Deer. Geez, it's been quite a LONG time since I have last been in Milwaukee.

Back