Anyone planning on going to Melbourne's Deaflympics in 2005?????

Not too long to go till the Deaflympics!!

I still have to book flights, accommodation and tickets for me and my partner - will do those stuff after 20th October as I have other important stuff to pay for first.

Another reason why we're going to Melbourne is to visit my family and so my partner can meet my family :D

futurika said:
I wouldn't miss it for the world!!

Is there a night or a venue where alldeaf.com members could meet?

It would be lovely to finally meet the other members, don't you think? :)

I am looking for a nice hotel preferably 5 stars very close to the deaf venue - please can anyone give me any tips by PM me - I would appreciated it very much :ty:

You could check the link as they'll have accommodation tips for visitors from out of town and country -- 2005 Deaflympics
There are several good hotels within the CBD such as 4 seasons or the Westin, but they can be a bit expensive....I could ask around and see if they know of any places that are cheaper...there are the hostels where the backpackers use -- $20 a night....?

Oh I dunno about going... I'll be sure to be bumping into old friends left and right :P Depends if it's gonna be any good, coz sports aint my thing and if there's an interesting opening/closing ceremony.

Just received news Ireland, Italy and Germany withdraw teams from 2005 Deaflympics. The CISS internal fracas is getting real now!

Richard

Update : Lots of interesting news, facts and documents on the CISS fiasco on deafnewspaper.com , advocacy section right now.

Last edited:
Nesmuth said:
Just received news Ireland, Italy and Germany withdraw teams from 2005 Deaflympics. The CISS internal fracas is getting real now!
Wow. More countries have pulled out... I was thinking of going there to meet my Swede friends but I found out that Sweden football team withdraws too so all of us decided to not go there and meet at someplace in Sweden next summer.

Back