Anyone planning on going to Melbourne's Deaflympics in 2005?????

WaterRats13 said:
Are you talking about the Concorde? If that is the case -- the Concorde has ceased to be used for such flights. I saw it on the news a month and half ago or so. :dunno much about it, but am pretty certain it happened recently.

Yeah i'm talking about the concorde the supersonic airplane (looks like triangle)

accually it's been out of business since july 2000 cuz of crash now it just opened the business.. instering it goes 1,300 mph twice as fast as the regular commerical airlines

Yes - of course, its only one hour drive from my home. I am looking forward to go as it will be my 2nd Deaflympic games, the first one was Koln (Cologne)
West Germany in 1981, it was fab time to see deaf people of all different nationality.

RedRum said:
Yes - of course, its only one hour drive from my home. I am looking forward to go as it will be my 2nd Deaflympic games, the first one was Koln (Cologne)
West Germany in 1981, it was fab time to see deaf people of all different nationality.

LOL, did you know it was supposed to be held in Iran my country but because of the revolution, they changed it to Cologne.

Oh yeah, that's right, I almost forgot all about it, as it was over 2 decades ago, I remmy there was a change of plan at the last minute!

Also, I was asked to come to Deafalympic (It was then called "World Games for the Deaf") ONE WEEK before I left England with 20 pound sterlings for transport and accommadation!! I stayed at American's army base in a tent with North European deaf people!

I don't like the name deafalympic - it dont sound right to me, I prefer the orginal World Games for the Deaf, I believe they change it to follow the new word for paralympic!!!

Boy, I must really be out of touch. I was surprised to see a post about this. I competed in WGD 1997 in Copenhagen...I was on the womens' bowling team. :) We came in third!

Great experience. Too bad I'm not as able to do these things now as I used to be. I do keep in touch with a couple of people, though. :)

Malfoyish

:bump: @ this thread! It's over a year since I posted about this! :lol: Well, more this time around who are coming to the deaflympics in January 2005?! 6 MONTHS left til deaflympics reaches Melbourne! :dance:
Wow..time surely has flown by past FAST. Crikey!

Malfoyish said:
Boy, I must really be out of touch. I was surprised to see a post about this. I competed in WGD 1997 in Copenhagen...I was on the womens' bowling team. :) We came in third!

Great experience. Too bad I'm not as able to do these things now as I used to be. I do keep in touch with a couple of people, though. :)

Malfoyish

Cool...bowling?! I'd love to be a part of the bowling team and represent Australia, but when I enquired about it -- it was all filled up. So, have to wait until the next one. :P

While we are waiting for more replies, I might mention that I was in the WGD Games and hoepfully by the end of this post, I will remember which year! LOL

Hey Malfy, what is or was your average the year you went to the Games??

Oh, I was in the Games for table tennis(ping pong) and still can't remember which year--I think 64 in Wash, D.C.

deafsportlawsuit.com

After reviewing the contents of the www.deafsportlawsuit.com I have to say I'm not proud of CISS for their runaround tactics. I been through the same thing the plaintiff went through.

Keep an eye on my newsletter for the 10 part series on corruption within CISS.

Richard Roehm

Nesmuth said:
After reviewing the contents of the www.deafsportlawsuit.com I have to say I'm not proud of CISS for their runaround tactics. I been through the same thing the plaintiff went through.

Keep an eye on my newsletter for the 10 part series on corruption within CISS.

Richard Roehm

This isn't about deaflympics at all -- this thread's about who's going to the deaflympics, not talking about lawsuits at all. Where in the world did you get this from this thread, about a lawsuit? :confused:

Nesmuth said:
CISS www.ciss.org is master organization behind the Deaflympics.

Richard

I know they're afflitlated with deaflympics and all, but this thread isn't about lawsuits at all. It's about WHO's going to the deaf Games, not about lawsuits. That's a totally different issue.
If you want to talk about CISS and their ways of dealing with lawsuits or whatever you're on about, then set up a new thread about it.
Thanks.

Im living in Melbourne... so I might go to this WDG. At the moment, Im not too sure if I will go or not due to work, but Id say it wil be worthwhile to go for few days to watch those foreign ppl compete and meeting them in different language eh :)

~sharlie~

sharlie said:
Im living in Melbourne... so I might go to this WDG. At the moment, Im not too sure if I will go or not due to work, but Id say it wil be worthwhile to go for few days to watch those foreign ppl compete and meeting them in different language eh :)

~sharlie~

Kewl stuff! :) Check yer PM -- I have a question for you. ;)

I wouldn't miss it for the world!!

Is there a night or a venue where alldeaf.com members could meet?

It would be lovely to finally meet the other members, don't you think? :)

I am looking for a nice hotel preferably 5 stars very close to the deaf venue - please can anyone give me any tips by PM me - I would appreciated it very much :ty:

Back