Anyone interesting about 3G iPhone?

I just walked by an AT&T store at the mall earlier today. They had a HUGE sign that said in HUGE letters...

"WE DO NOT SELL IPHONES!"

Gee... that's a nice message. ;)

I just walked by an AT&T store at the mall earlier today. They had a HUGE sign that said in HUGE letters...

"WE DO NOT SELL IPHONES!"

Gee... that's a nice message. ;)
LOL that's because iPhone is out of stock and no new iPhone 3G till July 11th so they can't sell one till then.

LOL that's because iPhone is out of stock and no new iPhone 3G till July 11th so they can't sell one till then.
I know... I was just laughing at the way they tell the customers. It's as if the customers are too stupid to not understand when they're told that the iPhones are sold out. So, the store has to make a HUGE sign in HUGE letters to emphasize it. :roll:

My friend have one (bluetooth GPS with his mobile and use google maps)

Believe me, Google maps don't use network tower for "GPS" Just loading the data Google maps do not have everything coverage just loading from internet.

Different one.

I tries to said that network tower and Satellites GPS can't use same time for GPS only (not loading map)

google map does run GPS because i own this tilt with built-in GPS and i use GPS on google map often when i get lost in some ways. it picks up avg 8-9 satellites.

i wont waste more breathings since you dont believe us... move on. be merry and enjoy night.. :)

I know... I was just laughing at the way they tell the customers. It's as if the customers are too stupid to not understand when they're told that the iPhones are sold out. So, the store has to make a HUGE sign in HUGE letters to emphasize it. :roll:
Yeeeahhhh....

google map does run GPS because i own this tilt with built-in GPS and i use GPS on google map often when i get lost in some ways. it picks up avg 8-9 satellites.

i wont waste more breathings since you dont believe us... move on. be merry and enjoy night.. :)
:laugh2: when I read his post, I :roll: and moved on...

You confused me. I never said google map can't use GPS. What make you think I said that?

:laugh2: when I read his post, I :roll: and moved on...

Then type form your brain than lazy copy/paste anywhere posts.

Just open mind to type down to correct. Be strong man!

Everyone think GPS always use Satellites but not always.

I learned that FCC 911 in long time ago.

Wireless Networks

Here in the United States, the wireless networks used for GPS tracking are primarily those operated by cell phone carriers. It is not likely that you as an individual will negotiate network access with a carrier. It is more likely that you will select a solution including a cell phone provisioned to communicate in a certain way on a specific wireless network. List below are a some carriers I recomend for use with GPS cell phones and services.

Using the GPS for People Tracking

More info about GPS.

Location Based Services - MapPoint Location Server and Global Positioning System (GPS) - Articles

You confused me. I never said google map can't use GPS. What make you think I said that?

ok. sorry. maybe ur right i may get confused too..

I tries to said that network tower and Satellites GPS can't use same time for GPS only (not loading map)

maybe your right that i didnt understand clearly, but u can switch back and forth to select MyLocation(tower) and GPS. when GPS is activited, i can scrool around to find some place on map, and after i finish searching or work something on map, i tap on "MyLocation" it takes me back to right spot(GPS). if GPS is not activited and i select "MyLocation", it wud take me to the nearest tower.

ok. sorry. maybe ur right i may get confused too..

maybe your right that i didnt understand clearly, but u can switch back and forth to select MyLocation(tower) and GPS. when GPS is activited, i can scrool around to find some place on map, and after i finish searching or work something on map, i tap on "MyLocation" it takes me back to right spot(GPS). if GPS is not activited and i select "MyLocation", it wud take me to the nearest tower.

Sorry about unclear. That's right. I try to be more clear for next time. I don't want to everyone got misunderstand (sigh).

Both GPS and network carrier are better than single.

GPS is not work great for big city due tall build block/jam from satellite and inside build.

A-GPS (network tower) is not good for tiny city (poor coverage)

So both are great idea anywhere in the world (almost) as it's switch mode.

:) Ofc. I always trust your words.

Sorry about unclear. That's right. I try to be more clear for next time. I don't want to everyone got misunderstand (sigh).

Both GPS and network carrier are better than single.

GPS is not work great for big city due tall build block/jam from satellite and inside build.

A-GPS (network tower) is not good for tiny city (poor coverage)

So both are great idea anywhere in the world (almost) as it's switch mode.

:) Ofc. I always trust your words.

of course we are not perfect... :D

^^ Someone will find a way around that. :P

Yes first gen iPhone you can tether to your laptop but you have to jailbreak the iPhone and put a hack software to tether.

But there rumor going around that if you try to jailbreak 3G iPhone it will brick the phone making it worthless and cannot be sent back to repair.

So will have to wait and see when new 3G iPhone come out to see if any truth to the rumor.

No customer has gotten the hands on the iphone 3g yet. So we don't know if it will brick the iphone or not. We will get the hands on them on July 11th. :P

Ok, just beware, there's 2 ways about subsidized and unsubsidized iPhone.

All new customers and existing iPhone users are quality for subsidized iPhone at $200 for 8 GB and $300 for 16 GB, also existing non-iPhone users who had on contract for more than 21 month or 12 month for $99+ on monthly bill are quality for that too.

Existing non-iPhone for less than 21 month or 12 month for $99+ on monthly bill are not quality for subsidized iPhone, it will be cost around $500+ for 8 GB and $600+ for 16 GB (rumored) but need wait for att to announce about price on unsubsidized iPhone.

If you aren't sure if you are quality or not then ask your rep at att store.

Link: AT&T iPhone 3G $199/$299 Pricing Policy - Mac Rumors

I'm still get iPhone on July 11 for full price, not gonna to be big deal for me.

Back