Anyone interesting about 3G iPhone?

Boult :Owned: by iPhone 3G for confused between 3G and Wifi. :rofl:

wow, thats fast but hell , in NZ, the prices for the plans to use Iphone is really shocking, like $200 a month, one of which is right up to something like well over $300 a month! for 5 gb plan nasty soz i forgot the exact figure I will get it soon ok
NZ is apparently the one of the worst place to have a mobile

AT&T iPhone exclusivity extended to 2010?

by Nilay Patel, posted Aug 1st 2008 at 6:08PM

Apple's deal with AT&T obviously got re-done in order to get the iPhone 3G on the street for a subsidized $199, but it looks like Steve gave in on a little more than revenue-sharing when he re-upped with Ma Bell: USA Today says that AT&T's US exclusive on the iPhone has been extended for an additional year, until 2010. The extension isn't officially announced, but it's being cited in the context of a long interview with AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson, who's quoted as saying things like "The iPhone has repositioned AT&T as the premier wireless brand in the world." So yeah, dude's a fan -- and with iPhone customers spending almost double on rate plans than the average AT&T customer, it's not hard to see why. Looks like our dream of glorious data plan price wars will have to wait until Android makes a splash later this year.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

AT&T iPhone exclusivity extended to 2010? - Engadget

Ouch, bad news for t-mobile, later will be Verizon due transition to GSM in 2010.

Eventually, t-mobile user can get iPhone from att store at high price, no contract but no 3G support.

Have you notice about backup process on iPhone every sync and it take long, I just got sick of it but finally, I killed it via terminal to disable on backup...
Iphone 2.0: How To Disable iPhone's Backup Process
not good idea... my last backup time is getting shorter than before...

go to your device then uncheck "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" it won't attempt to sync and possibly backup every time you connect your iphone to usb.

if it take longer then it is possible corruption, see this
iPhone backup process extremely slow, corruption issues - iPhone Atlas

not good idea... my last backup time is getting shorter than before...

go to your device then uncheck "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" it won't attempt to sync and possibly backup every time you connect your iphone to usb.

if it take longer then it is possible corruption, see this
iPhone backup process extremely slow, corruption issues - iPhone Atlas

I had done with uncheck the automatically sync but still got backup after click sync by manual, I decided to disabled it via terminal.

During after backup, syncing tv shows or video via USB is so slower, after disabled and it syncing so faster now.

I had done with uncheck the automatically sync but still got backup after click sync by manual, I decided to disabled it via terminal.

During after backup, syncing tv shows or video via USB is so slower, after disabled and it syncing so faster now.
That's what I mean...

and still bad idea to disable it. in case you need to restore your iphone and you didn't backup.. *shrug* .. it's your iphone, you mess with it at your OWN RISK!

as for me, I am not complaining at all about it anymore... I am sure there's a reason why Apple set it up that way... as it is a feature.

That's what I mean...

and still bad idea to disable it. in case you need to restore your iphone and you didn't backup.. *shrug* .. it's your iphone, you mess with it at your OWN RISK!

as for me, I am not complaining at all about it anymore... I am sure there's a reason why Apple set it up that way... as it is a feature.

I still have backup file that saved in HDD, if my iPhone is screw up then I will use terminal to switch into true before restore my iPhone from backup files.

I dislike when back up every sync, it's just my preference but wish about need ask to back up or not..

I have 1st generation iPhone 16GB. I rather stick with it until the iPhone 3G comes out with a better cosmetic body made in something others than plastic. I saw pictures of owners' iPhones with cracks on them. So I fear it would be the same for me, I decided to hold it out. Only 3 reasons I would like to get the 3G is the gps, smaller factor size, and of course, 3G speed but it isn't that important though. EDGE speed is good enough. I'm such a patient person. EDGE is fair and it loads up quickly (surely, not that fast but not bad) just like Sidekick.

I have 1st generation iPhone 16GB. I rather stick with it until the iPhone 3G comes out with a better cosmetic body made in something others than plastic. I saw pictures of owners' iPhones with cracks on them. So I fear it would be the same for me, I decided to hold it out. Only 3 reasons I would like to get the 3G is the gps, smaller factor size, and of course, 3G speed but it isn't that important though. EDGE speed is good enough. I'm such a patient person. EDGE is fair and it loads up quickly (surely, not that fast but not bad) just like Sidekick.

Fortunately, I have to agree

I'm happy with my iPhone 3G and still don't have crack, just use plastic shield and crack issue is more common on white model.

I must have 3G for video streaming apps and youtube at better resolution.

iPhone 2.0.2 update is out NOW!!

It only says "Bug Fixes"

Go get it! Go! Go!

I will get my new 8GB IPhone 3G tomorrow... I will be happy camper! :D

I just tested my Sidekick on testmyiphone.com... It gotta be error.

8.53 Mbps (8525Kbps/1021kB/s)
transferred 7936 KB in 7.6 seconds.
(Display pictures is off)

7.73 Mbps (7734Kbps/944kB/s)
transferred 7936 KB in 8.4 seconds.
(Display pictures is on)

Looks like an error to me.

Back