Anybody here like Keith Wann?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahaha, I liked the videos esp the one about the interpreter. Thanks for the laugh.

Great! Thanks for the link! :lol:

Thanks for the links! He is sure sooo FUNNNNNNNNY! He made me LAUGH! I hope my son would be like him!! :lol: So that I can keep laughing!

I like the shows. I think he is a special and interesting actor.

You're welcome. I came across this one day and thought others might like it. Sweetmind and Deaflinuxgeek told me to post the link here because I found it.... ;)

I can't enjoy it :(
It does not have CC and I can't hear nor sign.

Fuzzy

OH hes hilarious!!!!!!!!!! i showed this to the interpeter friend of mine she about died laughing! LOL! :)

I did watch the videos of Keith's performances. He really brought the house down with his asl!

This is one hell of a comedian and the best one, Deafie or hearie.

Audiofuzzy said:
I can't enjoy it :(

Fuzzy
That's what you get for being an oralist. :laugh2:

Seriously, this is one reason I promote ASL.

Captions/subtitles would just ruin it for me. So does having the sound on when watching these.... I like the ASL without the sound.

OH hellva YES!!! I love Keith Wann so much. He is a very good example that he know how we feel in our Deaf hearts. I laughed so hard that I couldnt stop my tears. It makes me feel so good and feel more deaf spirits to keep up into positive about my being deaf.

Thanks! ;)
Sweetmind

Sweetmind said:
OH hellva YES!!! I love Keith Wann so much. He is a very good example that he know how we feel in our Deaf hearts. I laughed so hard that I couldnt stop my tears. It makes me feel so good and feel more deaf spirits to keep up into positive about my being deaf.

Thanks! ;)
Sweetmind
You know what else he demonstrates? He demonstrates that Deaf Culture is full of hearing people too! ;)

Originally Posted by Audiofuzzy
I can't enjoy it

Fuzzy

That's what you get for being an oralist.

Captions/subtitles would just ruin it for me. So does having the sound on when watching these.... I like the ASL without the sound.

Originally Posted by Sweetmind
Gasp! I knew something fishy about you after all you debated with me so hard in my topic. I found that you have said in your own words aloud in other topic. Wow! I thought two hearing aids helps you a lot but it is not. Boy, it must be so hard for you as I believe it s really hard for those Deaf children from the start.

Thank you so much for saying it aloud. Now you can understand why you couldnt fool me that easily. And you blew it.

Thats why ASL make the difference for us Deaf people and Hearing people too. That's UNITY in our diverse world not hearing world only.

That's why I strongly believe honest is the best policy.

Sweetmind

PS: And whats more I have my computer with lo/hi volume here, and visual movies that comes with voices. ummpphhh! You cannot hear with two hearing aids. I m lost!!

I dont miss out anything from ASL. Thank goodness for having ASL in my life. ;) Thats the two way streets. So Now you get the idea how I felt strongly about for not having two way of streets. ;)

Sweetmind said:

Originally Posted by Sweetmind

PS: And whats more I have my computer with lo/hi volume here, and visual movies that comes with voices. ummpphhh! You cannot hear with two hearing aids. I m lost!!

I dont miss out anything from ASL. Thank goodness for having ASL in my life. ;) Thats the two way streets. So Now you get the idea how I felt strongly about for not having two way of streets. ;)
Learning to sign in ASL is something I continue to enjoy. I am still working on understanding other people's signing (I am almost there, but I still have a bit of work to do. I understand my fiancee most of the time, but I see her a lot...) I can sign rather fluently (according to deaf people I've signed to), and many of them are surprised by my fluency....

Anyway, learning to sign has been a very rewarding experience and definitely continues to be one. (No, I will NOT give up oral speech, especially if I need to interpret in church or something....) I guess i can appreciate the visual beauty of it. And it's also nice having my fiancee understand me THE FIRST TIME 95% of the time instead of only 50 % the time, too. :mrgreen:

But I do NOT sign, and since you complain there is no ASL used nationwide I complain why there is no CC everywhere? I demand to have CC on everything, period.

What about rights of HoH?
Are you going to force your ASL on me NOW?

Fuzzy

Last edited:
Wow! I thought two hearing aids helps you a lot but it is not. Boy, it must be so hard for you as I believe it s really hard for those Deaf children from the start.

Yes they do help a lot. A LOT. I can hear sound with them but I do not always understand this sound. I also need lips to read. I can talk on the phone quite well but only in my native langauge. In English, very simple and to the point messages only.

You are depriving me of enjoying this video by JUST simply not providing CC. How the deaf community may not provide CC services knowing full well what's like to watch for example TV news without CC on I can't comprehend. Who if not another deaf person should know better and care about those who not only can't hear but also can't sign.

Yes it is hard for me. You are so close minded and insensitive it's unbeliveable. Now I find you stupid, just stupid.
You are actually bashing ME for being unable to hear and sign.
Don't forget I am one of those chidlren who were denied ASL as a language.
I can't sign not because it was my choice but because of choices my parents made.
You failed OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER to acknowledge that I actually advocate for both ASL and oralism, and even more than oralism -teaching proper English to deaf children.
You are so limited in so many ways I am disgusted with you.

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
Yes they do help a lot. A LOT. I can hear sound with them but I do not always understand this sound. I also need lips to read. I can talk on the phone quite well but only in my native langauge. In English, very simple and to the point messages only.

You are depriving me of enjoying this video by JUST simply not providing CC. How the deaf community may not provide CC services knowing full well what's like to watch for example TV news without CC on I can't comprehend. Who if not another deaf person should know better and care about those who not only can't hear but also can't sign.
It was YOUR choice not to sign. We didn't prevent you from learning to sign. We didn't stop you from enjoying it because of that and because we didn't make the video.

Don't blame the Deaf community for your problem either because their native language in the US is ASL, not English.
Audiofuzzy said:
Yes it is hard for me. You are so close minded and insensitive it's unbeliveable. Now I find you stupid, just stupid.
You are actually bashing ME for being unable to hear and sign.
Don't forget I am one of those chidlren who were denied ASL as a language.
I can't sign not because it was my choice but because of choices my parents made.
You failed OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER to acknowledge that I actually advocate for both ASL and oralism, and even more than oralism -teaching proper English to deaf children.
You are so limited in so many ways I am disgusted with you.

Fuzzy
My answer to that: http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=535712&postcount=71

And stop making excuses about not signing because you think it was your parents' fault. It's YOUR fault. YOU decided not to pursue it. If you really wanted to, you would have. However, you chose not to. Please stop blaming others for your problems.

FYI, Sweetmind DOES know how to speak and lipread. So don't tell her she's narrow-minded and denying herself opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back