Any technical help - Ask Jacob!

How do I retrieve cookies folder? I don't know how it disappeared, but I think it is somewhere in the cyper space. Cheers.

imdeafsowhat -- not going to happen.

kelpies - if you are using Internet Explorer 7 or whatever follow the steps below

- go to tools (alt + T) from the main menu
- select " internet options
- select "delete.." from the browsing history section
- you will see "delete cookies"
- cookies deleted!
-

imdeafsowhat -- not going to happen.

kelpies - if you are using Internet Explorer 7 or whatever follow the steps below

- go to tools (alt + T) from the main menu
- select " internet options
- select "delete.." from the browsing history section
- you will see "delete cookies"
- cookies deleted!
-
Umm... Kelpies doesn't want to delete her cookies. Kelpies wants to find the folder where the cookies are.

In this case, it's likely in this folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

... is the name of your user folder.

There might be more folders in "Temporary Internet Files". That's where all the files from the internet are stored.

If you deleted them by accident, you're not gonna get them back. It's usually good to clean out your cookies from time to time and log on some sites again. This helps reduce security risks for your computer. :)

Umm... Kelpies doesn't want to delete her cookies. Kelpies wants to find the folder where the cookies are.

There might be more folders in "Temporary Internet Files". That's where all the files from the internet are stored.

If you deleted them by accident, you're not gonna get them back. It's usually good to clean out your cookies from time to time and log on some sites again. This helps reduce security risks for your computer. :)

Thanks - but I cant find Local setting\Temporary Internet Files under C:\Documents and Settings. I know the folder is called cookies under my name in Doc & Settings, but its disappeared. If I delete all the cookies, will it makes my computer faster???

Last edited:
Thanks - but I cant find Local setting\Temporary Internet Files under C:\Documents and Settings. I know the folder is called cookies under my name in Doc & Settings, but its disappeared. If I delete all the cookies, will it makes my computer faster??? My husband is usually dealing with it but he is out of this country for 9 months. :cry:
Deleting your cookies doesn't make your computer run faster. Keeping your cookies actually makes your website experience faster for sites where cookies are enabled such as AllDeaf.

When you sign on AllDeaf and choose to stay logged on, a cookie is made to tell AllDeaf that you don't want to sign off. From that point on, every time you go to this website... you're already signed on. If you removed the cookie for AllDeaf, you would have to log on again.

Cookies have many different uses. Some can be used for good. Some can be used for evil. It's good to have anti-spyware and anti-malware programs such as Ad Aware and Spybot. You can run those programs once a month (depending on how often you use your computer) and clean out any bad cookies. :thumb:

The best way to make your computer faster would be to scan disk for errors, do a disk clean-up (clean out trash, temporary files, etc), and to a disk defrag. :)

Damn, I read it wrong! :o

To what you have already said, you beat me...

I was trying to delete 'Index' from Temporary Internet Files but it wont let me. Do you know why and can it be removed? If so, how can I do that? Cheers.

I am not sure, but I don't think that is allowed. Unless, vampy can prove me wrong. I am not sure about this part :o

I am not sure, but I don't think that is allowed. Unless, vampy can prove me wrong. I am not sure about this part :o
Yeah, it can't be done. It is one of those files that is constantly used by IE. You can clean up what's in it by clearing history. That's what is stored in the index file. You can't delete the file itself, but you can "clean history" and clean up what's on the file. The file itself shouldn't harm your computer since it only keeps track of your history, not cookies or anything else. :)

I need your help with my PC. My PC not like Firefox 3.0 sometime. FF running slow, and slow scrolling on certain websites, CPU usage peeks. Like IGN.com, Gamespot.com. Any way to fix that annoy slow FF?

My 2 years old custom PC spec:
Motherboard: ASUS A8R-MVP
Power Supply: Thermaltake 550 watts
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4800 @ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 3 GB DDR 400
Video card: EVGA GeForce 8600GT (256MB)
Monitor: Acer 22" wide screen
HD: Seagate 250GB (100GB free space)

How do I send a PM to a friend??? Thay have asked me to do that instead of posting on their page and i am very new and just have no idea how this whole thing works..HELP please...Thanks...MINX (PeaceLvr)

Minx, are you sending a computer to a friend? Or posting an photo of a computer? :dizzy:

Seems that the internet speed is fine and doesn't effect the FF 3.0 -- does it affect the same thing with IE7? If it working fine in IE7 - then it is a server error on the specific sites. Is it going fast and fine on Alldeaf.com?

Nope, all websites running smooth and fast on IE7, not FF3. I think I reinstall FF3 again, what do you think?

Yep, it seems that the FF3.0 is not working very well, it has nothing to do with your computer, it is the server problem they are expericing. You can reinstall if you like.

Back