Any technical help - Ask Jacob!

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since botts thinks that I should create a thread where any Ad'ers have trouble shoot with techical things on Alldeaf.com and you need someone to help you. I'm here to help you anytime.

Feel free to post your trouble shooting questions, I will have it answered for you as soon as I can. :thumb:

Since botts thinks that I should create a thread where any Ad'ers have trouble shoot with techical things on Alldeaf.com and you need someone to help you. I'm here to help you anytime.

Feel free to post your trouble shooting questions, I will have it answered for you as soon as I can. :thumb:

You are tech geek. :giggle:

thanks, Dbarovian.

geek.jpg

No wonder I met you in person and you look like this ! :lol:

geek.jpg

So stick back on topic, thank you.

Thank you Jclarke. Tonight I don't have any questions, but I am glad this thread is here officially now! :ty:

The last picture of UGLY man!!! Ekkkkkk

JClarke. I will ask you about youtube but not right now. I can talk to you tomorrow then. I am tired and go to bed.

Cool!! :ty:

will keep in touch with you about download pictures with CD .. Right now I am busy with my girls! :D

No techical questions? Please stick to the topic and no off topic discussions thank you.

phillips, no worries

Please do not fool any post. I dislike that he is hurt of it. Please ask any question to him. He will make to be happy. Thanks

Please do not fool any post. I dislike that he is hurt of it. Please ask any question to him. He will make to be happy. Thanks

Mate, I am not hurt, but it is a little bit annoying if this just went off topic without techical questions. >.< But thank you for your support. :thumb:

Which better SMB or TCP/IP and why?

Server Message Block - This is a protocol which is used in Windows network to allow resources such as files on one machine to other, where you can share files to other staff or whatnot, as if they were local. Easy to access rather than putting some important files into the USB drive and plug it to the other computer.

Transmission Control Protocol - Together with Internet Protocol (Internet Protocol). TCP is one of the core protocols under the internet techical breakdown. TCP enables two computers to establish a connection and exchange information. TCP guarantees delivery of data and also guarantees that information packets will be delivered in the same way they sent it.

From my perspective view: I think TCP /IP is better than SMB, where SMB is only local and can be shared in one place, such as office. But TCP/IP is more than you can offer, giving files to anywhere, such as email, video, file sharing etc.

Does this explain you better in your perspective, no?

Server Message Block - This is a protocol which is used in Windows network to allow resources such as files on one machine to other, where you can share files to other staff or whatnot, as if they were local. Easy to access rather than putting some important files into the USB drive and plug it to the other computer.

Transmission Control Protocol - Together with Internet Protocol (Internet Protocol). TCP is one of the core protocols under the internet techical breakdown. TCP enables two computers to establish a connection and exchange information. TCP guarantees delivery of data and also guarantees that information packets will be delivered in the same way they sent it.

From my perspective view: I think TCP /IP is better than SMB, where SMB is only local and can be shared in one place, such as office. But TCP/IP is more than you can offer, giving files to anywhere, such as email, video, file sharing etc.

Does this explain you better in your perspective, no?

Well, this is a difficult question...because...with most things...it depends..
It's not totally apples-to-apples, as SMB is not a complete equivalent to TCP/IP. Microsoft started running SMB on top of TCP in Windows 2000. Now I remember that Vista has SMB 2.0.

Well, this is a difficult question...because...with most things...it depends..
It's not totally apples-to-apples, as SMB is not a complete equivalent to TCP/IP. Microsoft started running SMB on top of TCP in Windows 2000. Now I remember that Vista has SMB 2.0.

That's right but Windows XP like I have, doesn't have the SMB schitt. :lol:

Let me give you a tricky technical question to see if you really know.

What does Mb and MB stands for? Same goes for Gb and GB and so on. How do you convert from for example 400 Mb to MB? No cheating as I'm asking from your knowledge. ;)

Back