Any technical help - Ask Jacob!

Server Message Block - This is a protocol which is used in Windows network to allow resources such as files on one machine to other, where you can share files to other staff or whatnot, as if they were local. Easy to access rather than putting some important files into the USB drive and plug it to the other computer.

Transmission Control Protocol - Together with Internet Protocol (Internet Protocol). TCP is one of the core protocols under the internet techical breakdown. TCP enables two computers to establish a connection and exchange information. TCP guarantees delivery of data and also guarantees that information packets will be delivered in the same way they sent it.

From my perspective view: I think TCP /IP is better than SMB, where SMB is only local and can be shared in one place, such as office. But TCP/IP is more than you can offer, giving files to anywhere, such as email, video, file sharing etc.

Does this explain you better in your perspective, no?

Doh! I should explain more.

That's correct.

SMB is better than TCP/IP for local and no problem thru firewall unlike TCP/IP for scan pdf/tif from copier machine to computer. Most computers use DHCP and not good idea for TCP/IP for scan from copier machines to computers thru LAN.

TCP/IP is more stable than SMB for printer from computer as printer use static IP, also work at different workgroup unlike SMB.

:)
I hope I am clear enough.

Doh! I should explain more.

That's correct.

SMB is better than TCP/IP for local and no problem thru firewall unlike TCP/IP for scan pdf/tif from copier machine to computer. Most computers use DHCP and not good idea for TCP/IP for scan from copier machines to computers thru LAN.

TCP/IP is more stable than SMB for printer from computer as printer use static IP, also work at different workgroup unlike SMB.

:)
I hope I am clear enough.

I am thinking the opposite, oops!

OK, dynamic, it changes every so often.
dynamic changes it IP every so often, this may deter some hackers (but by all mean not all).
static IP never changes, so your IP is like a land address, always the same.
thats the only security difference.

DHCP Reservation is better than dynamic and static IP for security.

Most routers don't have so I use wireless mac filter. :)

Jake ...

How do I get access to my old posts right from the beginning when I joined 5th or 6th March 08?

I can only get up to the current 500 posts but cannot go any further back.

I believe it might impact to the two things

- the server move or it only goes up to 500 posts once the first 500 is passed, it disappears or cleaned out, then the next 500... and so on. I emulated the similarity with mine, and I only have 124 posts, and I cannnot reach to the very first I have two years ago :eek3:

^^
I'll just go in the long way, by going in all the topics I have posted to find the one I wanted to save for future references. But anyway, thank you, Jake.

^^
I'll just go in the long way, by going in all the topics I have posted to find the one I wanted to save for future references. But anyway, thank you, Jake.

It can be found in all relevant threads in the archives. Where it can be found in the bottom right corner. But it is the list of section topics though, all posts are archived.

Found the post I wanted by going in 'Search', then key word and my User Name.

I remembered a couple of key words and presto! found it and save the post. :)

I have problem with Facebook

I am sorry it's point off. I am waiting on my facebook's loading to my photo. It's very SLOW! I want to find my picture to post at AD. What I can do?? Facebook's loading is SLOW!!!!!!!

I am sorry it's point off. I am waiting on my facebook's loading to my photo. It's very SLOW! I want to find my picture to post at AD. What I can do?? Facebook's loading is SLOW!!!!!!!

I am experiencing the same siginifcant problem at my end. Facebook server is having a meltdown since it has high traffic inflow in their system.. thats why it is casuing it to slow down. Facebook needs to upgrade it server system.

If you are looking for a photo from facebook, do you have a back up copy on your computer?

Yeah! Facebook is POPULAR!!! I agree with you. They need to upgrade it. I will try do save image and put in my file. But I need to resize the pictures. My husband do favor is wallpaper. I don't like it! LoL

I am experiencing the same siginifcant problem at my end. Facebook server is having a meltdown since it has high traffic inflow in their system.. thats why it is casuing it to slow down. Facebook needs to upgrade it server system.

If you are looking for a photo from facebook, do you have a back up copy on your computer?

Just make sure you have the photos backed up so you don't have to go and retrieve one from facebook :thumb:

Just make sure you have the photos backed up so you don't have to go and retrieve one from facebook :thumb:

I am using other PC. I have many pictures in my husband's macbook with marshmallow hard drive GB. I can't get in his login with password. He is at working.

I am using other PC. I have many pictures in my husband's macbook with marshmallow hard drive GB. I can't get in his login with password. He is at working.

Gee, he's your husband. Maybe he should teach you how to use his macbook properly.

You should tell him.

"Give me the password or I will leave you." :giggle:

There no reason to he keep password away from you when he married you. Something he hide from you. :shock:

Back