Any snake owners

AndyE9503

Reaction score
I love snakes. Mine is a Red Tail Boa that is 4 years old. I have also cared for 2 other boas while my friend was over in Iraq. When I had those two the female gave birth twice for a total of 42 babys. Here is a pic of mine

1111.jpg

Did you get to keep any of the babies?

No, I sold most of them all to a pet store near my house. It paid for feeding and stuff on the 2 I was caring for. The rest got spread around with friends. My snake is from the first birthing that the female did a year earlier otherwise I would have kept 1 male to breed with mine.

No snake lovers... Well thats ok. Me and Socratezz will just hang out by ourselves in the corner.

Lol! More of a bug person myself :) I used to keep several species of arachnids. I had to give my last tarantula, my brazilian black rump, away when I moved back home :( My mom threatened to spray his tank down with raid...

One would think to have the snakes fixed or something.

I detest invasive exotics snakes being pets. I understand if a responsible owner keeps and really cares for the pet is fine, but to breed them. :( Many people do not know what they are getting into once they purchase the snake. The snakes becomes more than they handle so they release them. Too many of them are out in the Everglades and South Florida screwing up the eco system.

We have too many wild snakes where I live. I don't need any more. :lol:

No kidding!! Florida does too. *shuddering*
I've had many in my yard, and one in my kitchen.

Last week, I was pruning my azaleas and I saw one wrapped in the middle branches of the bush!

Yesterday, I found the shed skin of a snake in my backyard.

My dogs used to catch the snakes in the yard. My dogs died, so now we have plenty of snakes. :lol:

Not a snake fan! :shock:

My dogs love to kill snakes and they're quiet good at it. Works for me! :lol:

One would think to have the snakes fixed or something.

I detest invasive exotics snakes being pets. I understand if a responsible owner keeps and really cares for the pet is fine, but to breed them. :( Many people do not know what they are getting into once they purchase the snake. The snakes becomes more than they handle so they release them. Too many of them are out in the Everglades and South Florida screwing up the eco system.

I agree with you 100% on this. Those people give real snake owners a bad name. There is no excuse when we have google to find out everything you need to know before you buy

Lol! More of a bug person myself :) I used to keep several species of arachnids. I had to give my last tarantula, my brazilian black rump, away when I moved back home :( My mom threatened to spray his tank down with raid...

I had a Mexican Red Knee when I was a teen. It got out of the tank and was never seen again. Its a running joke in the family that one day it will crawl into bed with my mom. She gets so pissy when we say that.

I agree with you 100% on this. Those people give real snake owners a bad name. There is no excuse when we have google to find out everything you need to know before you buy

Even Google is trash.

It's one thing to know the facts; it's another to be experienced in it.

Glad I don't keep herps anymore.

I saw another snake near my front door this afternoon. It's hiding in the monkey grass near the front step. I don't want to go out my front door to work in the yard. I don't want to reach into any flowers or plants. :(

I saw another snake near my front door this afternoon. It's hiding in the monkey grass near the front step. I don't want to go out my front door to work in the yard. I don't want to reach into any flowers or plants. :(

You're in S. Carolina. Any venomous snakes in your neck of the woods?

I love snakes. Mine is a Red Tail Boa that is 4 years old. I have also cared for 2 other boas while my friend was over in Iraq. When I had those two the female gave birth twice for a total of 42 babys. Here is a pic of mine

1111.jpg

I adore snakes; especially the exotic venomous ones. Ones usually not indigenous in the US. I don't need to be told. I know I'm strange! :lol:

I'll send you mine. :lol:

Works for me, but my poor Mother would have a heart attack, so no thank you! :D

And, just so you don't think I'm completely crazy, I confine my admiration to going to zoos and such! Seeing one in the wild would probably scare the bejeezus out of me. I do have a healthy respect for them after all! :lol:

Back