Any snake owners

Wirelessly posted

When I was a child, I used to collect some non-poisonous tiny snakes in forest, in Tigard. ;)

Works for me, but my poor Mother would have a heart attack, so no thank you! :D

And, just so you don't think I'm completely crazy, I confine my admiration to going to zoos and such! Seeing one in the wild would probably scare the bejeezus out of me. I do have a healthy respect for them after all! :lol:

Ya go to the zoo for the poisonous ones. Snakes are too good at getting out of their tanks if you forget 1 latch. Plus you would never be able to trust it not to bite.

Speaking of zoos, its time to go look around. I am trying to start a tradition in the family were we get together and go to one every spring.

Eyelash vipers are gorgeous.

Whoever want to own them is a dumbass though.

Agreed. If I were trained to work with them, that'd be different, but to own them and have them in my own home? Uh, no. I will draw a line there!

Ya go to the zoo for the poisonous ones. Snakes are too good at getting out of their tanks if you forget 1 latch. Plus you would never be able to trust it not to bite.

Speaking of zoos, its time to go look around. I am trying to start a tradition in the family were we get together and go to one every spring.

That's exactly right.

I love snakes. Mine is a Red Tail Boa that is 4 years old. I have also cared for 2 other boas while my friend was over in Iraq. When I had those two the female gave birth twice for a total of 42 babys. Here is a pic of mine

1111.jpg

That is a beautiful snake! :)

I don't mind looking at them at zoos and aquariums but I don't like them hiding in my garden or sneaking into my house.

Nice snake, but not for me. I rather have cats or dogs or something. :)

Got mice problems, Reba?

:lol:
I've seen mice and rats around our shed and firewood stacks out back. Ugh!

We also have lizards, tree frogs, toads, turtles, rabbits, squirrels, stray cats, possums, and raccoons. Lots of butterflies and a variety of birds abound. My yard is busy! :lol:

I've seen mice and rats around our shed and firewood stacks out back. Ugh!

We also have lizards, tree frogs, toads, turtles, rabbits, squirrels, stray cats, possums, and raccoons. Lots of butterflies and a variety of birds abound. My yard is busy! :lol:

Not many around here because I'm close to downtown. I have seen rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels, deers, etc around here. I haven't seen a wild snake in years.

The frame on my cage got bent while I was moving so I had to start building a new cage. Got the frame done today. I plan to cover it with half inch birch plywood and stain it red oak. Here is a couple pics of my progress.

S6002216.jpg

S6002213.jpg

very nice.. are you going to use mesh screen or glass for the front?

Plexiglass. I just got back from picking up the plywood. I ended up getting quarter inch sheets to save some weight.

Here is what I got done today

S6002224.jpg

I killed a couple of snakes that looked like that...One on the golf course....Prolly pets pet let go......Dandy tasting though

Back