Any snake owners

uh-oh.. I thought I replied in here.. probably in other thread---beautiful boa! wouldn't mind to have one someday. need a bigger home first. :)

are you painting it white now or is that prime? looking forward to see the completed!

uh-oh.. I thought I replied in here.. probably in other thread---beautiful boa! wouldn't mind to have one someday. need a bigger home first. :)

are you painting it white now or is that prime? looking forward to see the completed!

The inside is the same as the floor and the 2 by 4s are primed and painted white. The outside is going to be stained. It is almost ready for staining but I will have to wait till tomorrow to do that. I will get a pic for todays progress once I stop for the day.

Forgot to post pic yesterday so here it is today.

S6002228.jpg

All that is left is 3 coats of Polyurethane, plexiglass, moulding, hardware and hide box.

S6002232.jpg

Here it is now. I completely screwed up the moulding so I said screw it on that part. Now it just has to sit until all the vapors from paint, stain and silicon are gone. Then I can put the heaters and lights in.

It is done. Here is the pic of it completely together

S6002248.jpg

Socratezz exploring the new home

S6002249.jpg

Posing for a pic

S6002256.jpg

We used to own boa snake and got rid of it. I had no stomach to feed it alive chicken or rabbit when it gets bigger.

How long ago was this, jazzy?
28 years ago, when we were first married. Then we also had zillion pets since then, rabbits, turtles, lizards, frogs, pigs, ducks, turkey, chickens, goats, dogs, cats, birds, tranula, and some more that I can not think of.

Wirelessly posted

jazzy said:
How long ago was this, jazzy?
28 years ago, when we were first married. Then we also had zillion pets since then, rabbits, turtles, lizards, frogs, pigs, ducks, turkey, chickens, goats, dogs, cats, birds, tranula, and some more that I can not think of.

Wow, the reptile hobby changed a lot since then.

Wow, thats a big nice project! I am not so sure how your snake feels to be in the cage all the times. I am sure that you carry it with you once a while. But, it is nature for the snake to be in the wild as to be freed. If you were the snake in the cage, have you thought of it? I don't like snakes, but I have to respect the animal rights that we are not supposed to take the exotic animals from around the world and moving them into our country which is not native to them. Thanks for showing us your pictures. It's just interesting.

Two years ago, I saw a nice young man carrying his boa at the center of the town. A couple of months later, the news came up that a guy threw alive boa in the toilet because he doesn't want it and it was no room for his apt. Somehow, he was arrested. I don't know if it was the same man that I saw him in the town. I can't picture of how he put it in the toilet - that was strange. He should have sold it to someone in the newspaper for free.

Wow, thats a big nice project! I am not so sure how your snake feels to be in the cage all the times. I am sure that you carry it with you once a while. But, it is nature for the snake to be in the wild as to be freed. If you were the snake in the cage, have you thought of it?
I have. and I have one snake. she doesn't stay in tank 24 hours everyday -- she gets to get out and explore everyday, or at least every other day for 1 - 2 hours. the only reason we have 'cages' for snakes so they don't slither away into vents, under stoves, behind counters and get stuck there then die.

besides, boas aren't exactly exotics .. or aren't endangered either. I would let my snake go into wild if she could survive on her own but someone had her from her birth day.

I have. and I have one snake. she doesn't stay in tank 24 hours everyday -- she gets to get out and explore everyday, or at least every other day for 1 - 2 hours. the only reason we have 'cages' for snakes so they don't slither away into vents, under stoves, behind counters and get stuck there then die.

besides, boas aren't exactly exotics .. or aren't endangered either. I would let my snake go into wild if she could survive on her own but someone had her from her birth day.

oh okay. Just hello to your snake and enjoyable... :)

Wow, thats a big nice project! I am not so sure how your snake feels to be in the cage all the times. I am sure that you carry it with you once a while. But, it is nature for the snake to be in the wild as to be freed. If you were the snake in the cage, have you thought of it?.

Now that it is getting colder outside my snake doesn't really like to come out much. maybe a couple times a week. But in the summer I take her to the park and let her crawl thru the fields and things like that. Freckles is right on the reason we use cages. My friends snake decided to explore the apartment and got stuck in the back of the refrigerator for three months. It almost died and has a very long scar on its back but we nursed him back to good health.

Wow, It is a pet snake or wild? Sorry this is stupid question. BTW I'm from New Zealand. The snakes doesn't live in NZ. I think that Boa is not a pet snake one.

Back