Any meat lovers out there?

I love love LOVE meat! I don't eat it as frequently as I like, but as said earlier, moderation is key. I love steak, ribs, bacon, and BBQ pork. Beef jerky is nice from time to time, too.

I didn't know Bison was on the menu anywhere. I need to broaden my meat horizon...

Hmm depends on how it's cooked. I really love filets for grilling. For flank steak, I love it in the form of Vaca Frita. Recently, I roasted some Boston butt with an insane amount of onions (and other spices) and it came out unbelievably delicious and tender.

I like chicken because, well, it's easy to cook and marinade.

Fish preference? Swordfish or mahi mahi. Grilled, of course (blackened is good too). If fried, I'll take a Florida grouper sandwich any day!

I love meat.

I am terrible cook, though, so I don't really recognize kind of cuts.
So I simply like - a best steak, pork sirloin, lean chops, lean ribs,
lamb is OK as long as it doesn't have this peculiar taste and smell,
- fish: salmon is my favorite and halibut,

and poultry, yeah anything but mostly chicken and turkey.

Fuzzy

Salmon is good,very good. :D

I heard down in Texas, they have rattlesnake dinners. Gunna have to check it out one day. Wonder wut it taste like.

On my neighbors BBQ grill. I could smell it. Stepped outside in my backyard and talked to him. He said he was BBQing bison meat and asked if I want to try a bite. I did. I was gobsmacked at the pure deliciousness of that meat. It came from out of Montana. Forgot the name of the business that sells it. :(

I wonder if it might have been from Ted Turner's ranch. I saw a segment about him on TV just a few days ago. He is very involved in trying to restore herds of bison to the American plains, and the only way to do that, economically speaking, is to develop a market for bison meat. A bit ironic, that the only way to raise them is to sell them and eat them.

Anyway, it was very interesting. He talked about how good bison meat is for you, leaner than beef, and in his opinion, far tastier too. You can grill it, roast it, make stews out of it. Basically anything you can do with beef, you can do with bison, and it's lower calorie and also healthier in other ways - no artificial hormones, for one thing.

And speaking of meat - I just got the most amazing Christmas present from my step-brother - a HUGE package of steaks, roasts, franks, chicken, and even two fish fillets, from the Omaha Steak company. My gosh - we won't have to buy meat at the grocery store for months!! We usually exchange much more modest presents, so I don't know what got into him this year - but wow, what a great present.

I wonder if it might have been from Ted Turner's ranch. I saw a segment about him on TV just a few days ago. He is very involved in trying to restore herds of bison to the American plains, and the only way to do that, economically speaking, is to develop a market for bison meat. A bit ironic, that the only way to raise them is to sell them and eat them.

Anyway, it was very interesting. He talked about how good bison meat is for you, leaner than beef, and in his opinion, far tastier too. You can grill it, roast it, make stews out of it. Basically anything you can do with beef, you can do with bison, and it's lower calorie and also healthier in other ways - no artificial hormones, for one thing.

And speaking of meat - I just got the most amazing Christmas present from my step-brother - a HUGE package of steaks, roasts, franks, chicken, and even two fish fillets, from the Omaha Steak company. My gosh - we won't have to buy meat at the grocery store for months!! We usually exchange much more modest presents, so I don't know what got into him this year - but wow, what a great present.
No, it wasn't that one. It was different named product as I thought about it. The product came from somewhere in South Dakota, I believe. My neighbor always take his drive from New Mexico to Minnesota every year and passes through South Dakota where he got the package. I think he bought over there and not online. Regardless, it was the best tasting BBQ meat I've had in a long time.

Got a huge chuck roast in the pot simmering. It will go well with some taters, carrots and onions.

My grandpa ate his boiled Rocky Mountain oysters while sitting around a campfire with his rancher buddies and ate them.

Eating Bull's balls? That's nuts! :giggle:

(The are pretty goog though)

So much more genteel to call them Rocky Mountain oysters!

I had them in Yugoslavia, grilled, with some sort of tomato and garlic sauce. They call them "white kidneys" there.

Mmmmmm....!

It was good! So tender and juicy, the meat and veggies melted in my mouth!

Got chicken thawing out in the fridge for tomorrows dinner. Thinking either chicken and dumplings or yellow rice.

So much more genteel to call them Rocky Mountain oysters!

I had them in Yugoslavia, grilled, with some sort of tomato and garlic sauce. They call them "white kidneys" there.

That sounds alot better! :lol:

I don't think I could ever put testicles in my mouth. But that's just me . . .

I'd love to try bull's testicles. I had couple of oysters in California and they were delicious. I found more chest hairs after I ate them. :lol:

Back