Anti-Catholic bigotry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, u may overlooked what I say, at the church I go, if you have received christ in ur life can join the communion, not what church u go. Tho different creed and etc they have doe not change a fact about u r in christ. Those who are in christ can join the communion. That's what I meant.

hottiedeafboi said:
Oh, u may overlooked what I say, at the church I go, if you have received christ in ur life can join the communion, not what church u go. Tho different creed and etc they have doe not change a fact about u r in christ. Those who are in christ can join the communion. That's what I meant.
That's the same at our church, too. Any person who is born again and baptised can receive the Lord's Supper. They don't have to be members of our church. Prior to serving the cup and bread, our Pastor reminds us that we must each examine our own hearts as to whether or not we should accept it.

I Corinthians 11
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

hottiedeafboi said:

Why would u take offended by CC,if u don't take their eurchast? My very good Christian friend told me once, when u accept Jesus Christ,u don't need to take his body and blood over again and again with this communion. Once is enough and stay on. As for CC, euchrast is very important, they take it everyday if they attend church. I don't know why it upsets u, I don't take communion everytime I go to the mass. Drinking wine and eat the bread does not do anything for me. Just a symbol of what it was written in the bible. Those twelve displice drank wine and bread with him once. why repeat everyday? Alike I said I don't always agree with their views. But it is where Jesus Christ brought me to the church. It is where I grew up and stay with it. Why do I need to change my religion to others when I have Him right then in this church.

One night I joined with my friends and went to bible study at baptist church. All I heard this from them, Catholic this Catholic that Catholic this, not much study of bible. Finally I told them I am Catholic, this preacher turned around and started to tell me bad experience he haad in CC. I said so what so was my mother who was raised in baptist church. They told me "I am not saved and I am destined to be burned in hell " because I chose to remain in this CC. For one I will never said this to anyone who is not CC, ur not catholic, u shall burned in hell. I don't believe this kind of telling others. I do not believe in this word, " your saved"

Reba said:
That's the same at our church, too. Any person who is born again and baptised can receive the Lord's Supper. They don't have to be members of our church. Prior to serving the cup and bread, our Pastor reminds us that we must each examine our own hearts as to whether or not we should accept it.

I Corinthians 11
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

I won't take Lord's supper from your church.

jazzy said:
My friends and I have been attacked by those conservative christians more than those non christian, now u know where I came from. They do not know how very strong I am with Jesus Christ even thou I am practicing Catholic for many years.

They told me I am not being saved many time, that pissed me off many time. They are no different from us so what make them so special to Him and not us. Anyway sorry about those anger feeling but I am appreciate u for bring this attention here on AD.

I have had to face that same anger in myself, many times. While I have not experienced the attacks because of being Catholic, I have experienced them because I am liberal for a Protestant. That is part of what provoked my own post, along with feeling for my Catholic friends and close family.

You have not attacked me nor have you attacked any AD members, so in my book you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Well, I agree Lord's supper and baptism not mean u r a christian, its symbolic or call it ordinances. But no, should have Lord' s Supper more than one. Lord's Supper is more like to remember Him what He did for us on the cross as bread as His Body to be broken, and wine as of new covenant. Remember if u look at Book of Acts, they had Lord's Supper many times. Anytime the church has Lord's Supper is should be accepted. Now, it is sad how they say stuff like that. As I say, all denominations being finger pointing, but not all churches are like that. It is so sad how they think if u r not one of them bec that particular church you should go. Its good to know what church they go, but my main focus is for those who have received Christ as their Savior. Smile

jazzy said:
I won't take Lord's supper from your church.
That's up to you. Our Pastor tells us not to judge people who don't take the Lord's Supper. Of course, we're not supposed to even be looking around to see who is or who is not taking it. It is a private decision, between the person and God.

Lord's Supper

A memorial celebrated by the early church to signify Jesus' sacrificial death for humankind's sin. The form of the observance was established by the Lord at the Last Supper when He symbolically offered Himself as the paschal Lamb of atonement. His actual death the next day fulfilled the prophecy. Only Paul uses the phrase " Lord's Supper " ( 1 Corinthians 11:20 ), although implication of it is made in Revelation 19:9 ( " marriage supper of the Lamb " ). Church fathers began to call the occasion the " Eucharist " ( that is, " Thanksgiving " ) from the blessin' pronounced over the bread and wine after about A.D. 100. Church groups celebrate the Lord's Supper regularly as a sign of the new covenant sealed by Christ's death and resurrection.

Ordinances

Baptism and the Lord's Supper were instituted by Christ and should be observed as " ordinances " or " sacraments " by His followers. Some interpreters believe sacrament conveys the concept that God's grace is dispersed almost automatically through participation in the Lord's Supper. Others believe ordinances stresses obedience in doin' that which Christ explicitly commanded. Extreme dangers involved in the terms range from superstition to legalism.
The " sacraments " varied in number for 1, 000 years in the church's early history. Peter Lombard ( about A.D. 1150 ) defended seven, and Thomas Aquinas ( about A.D. 1250 ) argued that all were instituted by Christ. After A.D. 1500, Martin Luther and other Protestant reformers rejected five of these, insistin' that only baptism and the Lord's Supper have a biblical basis. Most Protestants agree with their assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back