Annoying ignorant hearing people stories

Sorry sorry it just seems fitting. I find myself wondering though.....considering he's always screaming....I wonder if I could hear him without my aids. I wouldn't understand him, but could I hear him? Nah prolly not

ambrosia-albums-stuff-i-ve-posted-picture6098-262613-605945006138242-510365198-n.jpg

My son is like that....such a real good cook...but oh so messy...I've taught him how to "clean as you go"...it's better than it was now...My peeve is that he uses the dish towel instead of the dish rag for everything he wipes down....he'll use 3-4 dish towels at one time....:roll:

My protip for that is to serve out of the pan or pot and then immediately rinse it out with water. Prevents any leftover food or sauce from having time to dry out and stick. Heck, if you have a few minutes to spare before you have to serve, why not wash it right away? It'll be dry in the drainer and ready to put away when you're done eating and ready to do the dishes.

My protip for that is to serve out of the pan or pot and then immediately rinse it out with water. Prevents any leftover food or sauce from having time to dry out and stick. Heck, if you have a few minutes to spare before you have to serve, why not wash it right away? It'll be dry in the drainer and ready to put away when you're done eating and ready to do the dishes.

A habit I so desperately wish I could get in to.

My protip for that is to serve out of the pan or pot and then immediately rinse it out with water. Prevents any leftover food or sauce from having time to dry out and stick. Heck, if you have a few minutes to spare before you have to serve, why not wash it right away?...

And the cutting board while you're at it. Save your gf.

Ignorant hearing person rant of the day:

A friend of mine was concerned that I wouldn't hear someone in a Really loud place.
"Well, you're not going to hear [the person we were going to talk to] anyways, so I'll repeat EVERYTHING for you and if you still don't get it, I'll sign it!!" She didn't even know sign!! :ugh:

It totally irked me because if I don't understand it, I can ask them to repeat it.

Grrrr!

I experience notice annoy family cause on my brother, also cousin it is sometimes ignored I figure out. I knew on my family not enough aware it. I recognized her!!

Wirelessly posted

What irks me is when hearing people try to educate other hearing people about sign language when they dont know sign save a handful that are just common sense. Yet you are standing right there using sign language yet its as if you are invisible even though you were having a conversation with them just seconds before. hmm. hello!

Last edited:
Ignorant hearing person rant of the day:

A friend of mine was concerned that I wouldn't hear someone in a Really loud place.
"Well, you're not going to hear [the person we were going to talk to] anyways, so I'll repeat EVERYTHING for you and if you still don't get it, I'll sign it!!" She didn't even know sign!! :ugh:

It totally irked me because if I don't understand it, I can ask them to repeat it.

Grrrr!

:giggle:...she sounds so "helpful"....:giggle:

grrrr. can we stone her? please? can we can we can we ????

I'm not sure if she knew that what she was saying was offensive to us, though...

But if you wanna stone her, I reckon I can't stop you, can I? :naughty:

Again, someone asked me how I drive without my HAs on. Sigh. I am the BEST driver. Eyes on the back of my head!

Well, I'm not deaf, but someone took me for deaf and was really rude the other day. I was meeting someone (also hearing, but fluent in ASL) for a voice-off session. I hit construction traffic and arrived 5 minutes late, so as I walked up to our table (at an outdoor café) I was explaining, in ASL, what happened. (Weird detour that took me back to where I started, etc.)

There's a guy with his laptop at the next table, and he feels, I guess, that this conversation is his business. He looks at my friend and says "do YOU understand her?" and he was using this really derogatory tone of voice, like "she's obviously deranged, waving her hands around like that, of course it doesn't mean anything, right buddy?"

I wish my friend had just said, "yes, I understand her" and maybe "you don't? What's wrong with you?" but not everyone can have my temperament and preferences. He just said "she can hear" and not like "careful, she can hear you" but more like "she's just the same as you, no big deal."

Hearing or not, Oh My God I am not the same as that guy. I went into the shop to get something to drink. I consider it a major accomplishment that I didn't accidentally spill hot coffee on him on my way back to my table.

Him and his laptop.

I don't think anyone takes me seriously. I talk about Deaf issues, my hearing loss, or whatever and I kind of get brushed off by people at my old job, friends, old acquaintances, etc like.... whatever.... you're not HoH.

Just because you knew me as a child with no apparent hearing issues doesn't mean that I'm not HoH. I failed my first hearing test in first grade. My slight stuffy nose accent. I never look at you when you talk because I turn my good side to you. It goes on. My parents didn't care enough to do anything besides tell me to get over it and deal. I was forced to deal with it and I did. Just because there were no visual indicators like ASL or HA's doesn't mean it wasn't there.

AGH!!!!! :pissed:
Commence hair ripping out and foot stomping!!

Recently, I tried to order a burger at a Wendy's. It was LOUD. Screaming kids. The works. The cashier had the most IMPOSSIBLE lips to read. She asked me, "snaileduimlarge fly?" I asked her to repeat it at least 3 times, with the same result. Finally, I had to get one of my good friend to repeat it. Two other cashiers were watching. One started laughing. Not a innocent giggle. This was a clutch your side kind of laugh, delivered with a sarcastic face. Needless to say, I was FURIOUS. :mad2:

I have never had that happen to me. Just upsets me how rude people can be.
Has anyone else had this experience?

Last edited:
Back