Annoying ignorant hearing people stories

Just asked my husband to repeat something and he got visibly irritable said never mind. It rarely happens but when it does it's doubly annoying. It would only take him 2 seconds!

I can sympathize, its one of my pet peeves!

I Hate, HATE "Never minddddd!" with a PASSION!
:pissed:

I was grocery shopping several years ago when two women, in their early 20s came up to me to tell me I was wearing hearing aids because I was a sinner. They said God had decided to punish me for doing evil things by making me hearing impaired.

At first, I thought it was some kind of a sick joke. I had never met them before, I had not even noticed them - they walked up behind me and tapped my shoulder and started telling me all this. I just stood there and was like :shock:

I told them to leave me alone and stopped shopping ... just left. I did not hang around to find out what "sect" of Christianity they represented ... but it was that day that I realized why Christians get such a bad rap.

Oh geez...I know EXACTLY what you mean. I got a mother who says she prays for me everyday to get my hearing back and to "git right with gawd because he'll make everything better." I'm like :shock: "WTF?" I hate that sort of shit.

I wasn't born deaf, but I had problems with my ears all my life. Finally went utterly deaf about 5 years ago. None of my siblings or my mother bother try to learn how to communicate with me. Mom throws her ****ing chrispie hoodoo at me every day. Insists I talk to her on the phone because I just need to believe that 'gawd has healed me of my deafness' Says it's gawd's way of making me git right with him. What the **** ever.

I am an agnostic pagan. I hate organized religion and frankly utterly loathe christianity and any other religions that have the gall to think they are "the one true religion" and am fed up with their nutbag followers. :roll:

Loonies...the whole damned lot of them.

OMG people are going to be the death of me, I'm going to have an aneurysm. At the bottom of my resume I added a bit explaining I"m HOH and apologizing for the inconvenience but can they please contact by text message or email at the contacts I provided. What do you want to bet Charlotte is going to call?

Hearing people, while they can hear, apparently don't have a tendency to actually listen.:roll:

Hearing people, while they can hear, apparently don't have a tendency to actually listen.:roll:

Ain't that the sad sorry truth. My ex used to forget everything I told him, in one ear and out the other. I may be the deaf one, I may not hear everything you say, but at least I try to pay attention :/

Then again, a husband is like a best friend who doesn't actually pay attention to anything that you do.
;p

Hoodoowytch, do you believe all Christians are loonies, or just the crazy people who use Christianity to further their agenda?

When they say "start listening, you never listen!"

Nevermind!

Oh and my personal fave "my savior is going to cure my deafness because I have been saved/if you are saved God will cure you"

That one really makes me angry when people say that to kids

Save your BS people... Hoh and deaf people are not damaged goods

Had to add the deaf and hoh who say if you are not praying to be cured that they will "pray for you" um yeah okay lol

Oops sorry this was supposed to be about what hearing people say. Sorry, I slipped on this one. Check out the one before.

Last edited:
Hoodoowytch, do you believe all Christians are loonies, or just the crazy people who use Christianity to further their agenda?

Well, so far I haven't found any differences. Pretty well has been 6 of one half dozen of the other. Shirts and skins...etc.

And now back to our main topic!:laugh2:

Last edited:
Oh! Don't you just love how the hearing folks will look at you all weird when you're signing and do that "slowing edging away from deafie in case they are going to explode" thing. Oh, and "The Look". "The Look" ranges from what I believe some one on here called the "funeral look" to that "OMG'S IT A FREAK!" look.

I actually have had people make comments about "catching deafness"...like it's a disease.:roll:

Ignorance is NOT bliss. And stupidity sure seems to be catching though. LOL:laugh2:

ugh okay a little back story, I got laid off a couple weeks ago, I'm still looking for a job. There was a posting on craigslist yesterday for a massage room for rent, cheap, in a gym less than a mile from my apartment. There was only a phone number listed for contact, they weren't asking for a resume to be emailed to them. So I just drove down there and talked to the girl at their front desk.

I explain who I am, that I'd seen their ad but that I'm hard of hearing and couldn't call to talk to Charlotte but is she available so I can set up a time for an interview. The girl points at the back and say "blah blah wah wah wah" I don't know, then she proceeds to hand me a brochure and points out the phone number I should call on it.

WTF are f'ing retarded? Seriously I just finished explaining that I'm standing in front of you because I can't talk on the phone and you're to give me a phone number to call??? Just let that roll around in head for a minute you dolt.

OMG people are going to be the death of me, I'm going to have an aneurysm. At the bottom of my resume I added a bit explaining I"m HOH and apologizing for the inconvenience but can they please contact by text message or email at the contacts I provided. What do you want to bet Charlotte is going to call?

I guess it's kind of like if you've ever lost power in a storm or something, and you KNOW the power is out... but you still try to flip on the lights? :laugh2:

Well, so far I haven't found any differences. Pretty well has been 6 of one half dozen of the other. Shirts and skins...etc.

And now back to our main topic!:laugh2:

All I can say is you can't judge the whole basket of apples because you come across an 'off' one.

A bad thing happened today...

I walked into the gas station today to pay for the gas. There was several people waiting in line and of course, there is that one person that is buying lottery tickets. So, I'm standing in line texting on my cell phone while waiting and minding my own business when a guy starts laughing behind me.

I'm not really paying attention and I get a tap on my shoulder. The guy asks me, "Hey, are you deaf?"

At first I'm sorta like, "Huh?" I was surprised because I've never had that asked and I've never really had many problems with people before. It wasn't that I didn't understand him but his question was totally random for me.

He then starts in with his buddy making a deaf accent (or attempting to) and giving the middle finger, asking me if that is how you say the f-word...'

I was appalled and by now everyone's eyes were on us and told him you actually sign it this by my limited knowledge of ASL (I know more bad words than anything...LOL) and made an 'A' gesture by tapping to my right side of my head twice.

He said, "You sure?"

I said, "Probably not but you are being an a**hole."

Fortunately a few others agreed and asked guy to leave. I'm not a genius when it comes to sign language...I know little about it but I did pick up a few signs and so forth here and there. It may not have been the appropriate sign (I thought that was it) and I know I had to no right to actually attempt at doing anything...but the guy was being one.

I can't believe they assumed since I had a hearing aid I was deaf. I'm disgusted by the thought if they would have done that to anyone else...

All I can say is you can't judge the whole basket of apples because you come across an 'off' one.

Well, let me put it this way, in the 45 years of my existence I have come across only 1 person who claimed to be a christian, but wasn't a narrow-minded, arrogant, self-righteous, holier-than-thou pain in the ass. Aside from that, the basket has been as off and rotten as they come in my experience.:roll:

I've had to many who were my "friend" until I made it clear I did not want to be a part of their little club. Then it was amazing how fast they turned cold, and in several cases, became down right aggressive and violent. Nothing like having a gang of chrispies trying to chase us down to "beat the hell out of" my hubby and I all in the name of their god of course.

Anyway, back to the subject of this thread. I have found kids can be the cruellest little buggers any where. Just recently went to my aunt and uncle's 60th wedding anniversary party. This is family and other relatives mind you, and I got jeered at and asked if I was retarded and stupid by a group of kids at the party...because my hubby and I were signing back and forth to each other. Incredibly rude. My hubby tried explaining to them I was deaf...but it was like trying to explain physics to a bug. What's worse is the parents of these children did nothing to correct or scold them. I was mostly avoided by just about everyone.

Think I'll think twice about ever going to another family shindig.

Well, let me put it this way, in the 45 years of my existence I have come across only 1 person who claimed to be a christian, but wasn't a narrow-minded, arrogant, self-righteous, holier-than-thou pain in the ass. Aside from that, the basket has been as off and rotten as they come in my experience.:roll:

I've had to many who were my "friend" until I made it clear I did not want to be a part of their little club. Then it was amazing how fast they turned cold, and in several cases, down right aggressive and violent. Nothing like having a gang of chrispies trying to chase us down to "beat the hell out of" my hubby and I all in the name of their god of course.

This is about annoying hearing people.

Not for religious intolerance.

I don't even like the late deafened...

This is about annoying hearing people.

Not for religious intolerance.

I don't even like the late deafened...

If you'll check...I was only answering questions put to me. My opinion is as valid as anyone elses here...I also I amended my post if you'll bother to look.

Whats yer problem with late-deafened people? Deaf is deaf. Born or otherwise.

If you'll check...I was only answering questions put to me. My opinion is as valid as anyone elses here...I also I amended my post if you'll bother to look.

Whats yer problem with late-deafened people? Deaf is deaf. Born or otherwise.

Because late-deafened did not have the same life as a deaf from birth or young age person. We (I'm late-deafened) have completely different attitudes towards deafness. Just as some people have completely different attitudes toward Christians. (Just because the Christians that you are AWARE of have given you a poor attitude towards Christians does not mean ALL Christians are like them.)

Met the dog transport lady at a very, very dark, United Cargo parking lot at 3am. Luckily I brought a flash light. She was getting paper work sorted and talking. I told her that I was deaf. She turned and said "OMG my sister-in-law is deaf" then continued speaking softly into her car. I normally would just ignore her but I was worried about Murphy and I was super tired. I look at my hubby sitting in his truck and say "did you hear anything she just said" SMH SMH SMH

It bothers me when I post something on craigslist and leave my phone #but say ONLY TEXT OR EMAIL I'm HOH and will NOT answer' Sometimes people call and when I don't answer the phone they leave a message. I can't HEAR the message well enough to get numbers right so I don't return the call. I've had a few that leave a LOT of messages and get ANGRY when I said I would NOT answer the phone!

Back