Animal Cruelty is okay?

wow, it´s fanastic to see the owners who have good heart to take care of their animals like this. I have seen a lot of owners are being force to put their dogs to sleep because of this - (problem with legs, can´t walk etc.) which they love their pets dearly... I really never thought about wheelchair but I thought it´s best for them to put sleep to save alot of suffer. I wasn´t realized about wheelchair until this thread here.

I've seen dogs walk or run with only one or two legs, and don't need a wheelchair or anything to help them walk or run, amazing to see animals can go on doing as much activity as they can ...

RebelGirl's female cat has 3 legs and she walks just fine....

Sorry Deaf258 for the short off-topic here...btw you brought up a great topic discussion :thumb:

I've seen dogs walk or run with only one or two legs, and don't need a wheelchair or anything to help them walk or run, amazing to see animals can go on doing as much activity as they can ...

RebelGirl's female cat has 3 legs and she walks just fine....

Sorry Deaf258 for the short off-topic here...btw you brought up a great topic discussion :thumb:

True yes, I have seen some dogs and cats who lost one of 4 legs but they can walk well. A neighbor in village where I live, adopted a big dog St. Bernand with 3 legs from animal home. He is a such sweet dog. I mean that a lot of owner have to force to put their dogs to sleep because of their back of both legs problem (I guess it´s something do with their pelvis or hip) that´s how dogs can´t walk with back of their both legs, that´s why I was surprised when I saw the picture of dogs with wheelchair to help them to walk with back of their both legs.

Oh yes, I remember from video and TV show about the dog who lost 2 of 4 legs and can walk well... wow...

Occchhh Deaf258, sorry for :topic:

I bought a wheelchair for my pet rat Darktan but she hated to be attached to anything so it was never really used. I think dog's are more used to wearing harnesses so if Jilli ever needed a wheelchair I would go for it.

I don't agree with Euthanising disabled pets. Euthanasia should just be used for terminally ill animals that are clearly suffering. In some ways animals seem to adapt to their disablities better then some humans and we can learn from them in that way.

No worries, ladies.

For those who think it is okay to put implant in animals, what do you think of the following 2 pics??

WTF?????? That's awful!

If CIs looked like that on humans, think people will still get them?

I remember back in 94, I went to my audi for a new HA and he told me about the CI. I had never heard of it and he was telling me how I could talk on the phone and cud converse easier (I was "hearing back then) so I was very interested. When he showed me the model and the pics. I immediately said , "no way!"

They do look a lot better on people now than before but in my view, surgery is surgery and I will avoid it as much as neccessary.

I bought a wheelchair for my pet rat Darktan but she hated to be attached to anything so it was never really used. I think dog's are more used to wearing harnesses so if Jilli ever needed a wheelchair I would go for it.

I don't agree with Euthanising disabled pets. Euthanasia should just be used for terminally ill animals that are clearly suffering. In some ways animals seem to adapt to their disablities better then some humans and we can learn from them in that way.

I never seen wheelchairs for rats before. I only saw for cat and dogs, that's all. I have 7 rats and 3 mice. I don't believe putting them to sleep because they're disabled, just only if they're seriously ill and can't be back to health, that's all.

Also, I've heard reports from owners of Deaf pets tend to help the hearing pets to be calmer and more attentive.

Could anyone with a Deaf pet vouch for this claim?

No worries, ladies.

For those who think it is okay to put implant in animals, what do you think of the following 2 pics??

Wtf? .:pissed: God, this is soo cruel!! , I feel so sorry for these animals I wonder if they will do this on babies/children next?...also, I wonder if some parents are willing to go this far just to make their deaf babies or children hear?..:ugh:

Wtf? .:pissed: God, this is soo cruel!! , I feel so sorry for these animals I wonder if they will do this on babies/children next?...also, I wonder if some parents are willing to go this far just to make their deaf babies or children hear?..:ugh:

Well..we already got one saying that he is all for animals being tested if it would help his daughter to hear. Of course, they will go this far cuz to them, being hearing is much better than being deaf.

I guess it is okay to put cochlear implants on animals!

"Hear, kitty! Hear, kitty! Can you hear me talk?"
Define Animal Cruelty please...

I will provide a link after you give definition.

Of course, they will go this far cuz to them, being hearing is much better than being deaf.

You said it! That's my point. Why are so many people having a negative attitude towards deafness to the point they think Deaf people or animals needs to be "fixed"?? I know there is a word for it.

It's when an animal is forced to be a subject of pain, cruelty, tension, hindrance and annoyance.

according to this;
Source: ASPCA: Fight Cruelty: Cruelty Glossary

Animal Cruelty: Acts of violence or neglect perpetrated against animals are considered animal cruelty. Some examples are overt abuse, dog fighting and cockfighting, and denying a companion animals the basic necessities of care, such as food, water or shelter
The picture does not show the sign of that.

Now there is a law that applies to research called "Animal Welfare Acts"
Animal Welfare Act: Act passed into law in 1966 that ensures that pets and animals used in research and for exhibition purposes are provided humane care and treatment. The act also assures the humane treatment of animals during transportation in commerce and outlaws the sale or use of animals who have been stolen.

Those in pictures you provided are treated and cared for. no sign of animal cruelty. *shrug*

To complain about animal cruelty on animal with ci research is moot.

Define Animal Cruelty please...

I will provide a link after you give definition.

I've seen animal cruelty on Animal Planet any day of the week when they are starved, fatal ill,set and trained to fight, flea infested, deprived and unloved.

You're forgetting straps or loose collars have been a cause of death by strangulation for cats being hanged from a high place. It's still abuse to make cat wear something like this.

You said it! That's my point. Why are so many people having a negative attitude towards deafness to the point they think Deaf people or animals needs to be "fixed"?? I know there is a word for it.

Yep, they claim that they want what's best for their kids and their animals, What's best anyways? Does parents always make the best decisions in every step in a child's life? No, They don't. Parents can make mistakes just like people do. ;)

You're forgetting straps or loose collars have been a cause of death by strangulation for cats being hanged from a high place. It's still abuse to make cat wear something like this.

like I said before.. report if you think it is animal cruelty! chance are that they will tell you it is not.

was the "cause of death by strangulation" accidental ?

it make me think of analogy to children getting strangulation by loose ropes dangling from top of blinds. I am like "in case of a child playing with blind's rope and get choked in process a child abuse" I would say nope it is not. it is accidental. To prevent from that happeneing, parent just make sure the rope is out of reach. so apply that to straps and collars, "making sure they are secure and does not cause strangulation" no abuse.

I do know few pet owners who owns cat, they have their cat in harness and leash. *shrug* not a pet abuse. go figure!

Back