Android OS

wondering if this is good or not - Archos Android
Yeah it is good products.. I have heard a lot of people talk about archos over internet as such forums, and blogs. archos uses restrictive touchscreen. all Archos devices haven't gorilla glass like Dell steak or SamTab.

You should check it @ best buy, they selling it.

Learn more:

Archos fans

Archos forums

History of Archos

G'Luck. ;)

Here a tip I wanted to share ...

If you wanna play game like Angry Birds but don't want ads popping up ..

Put your Andriod in Airplane mode and turn off wifi ... then no more ads popping up.

Works on my Samsung Epic and I have no ads on my Angry Birds game but of course you will not get emails or text message until you turn off airplane mode or turn wifi back on.

Put your Andriod in Airplane mode and turn off wifi ... then no more ads popping up.

Works on my Samsung Epic and I have no ads on my Angry Birds game but of course you will not get emails or text message until you turn off airplane mode or turn wifi back on.

Oh wow, there is no ads in iPhone version of Angry Birds.

Maybe, that why Angry Birds costs 99 cents.

Hi,

I heard that lot of the apps...maybe over thousend apps...some are free....from over the world....(the apps are still growing). I will find more games ....I hope that they will have Hangman and 4 Connects soon? (I am not allow to give the website addresses, sorry.)

Deafbear

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

What happened to your toyota camry v6, lunixgold

We still use that Camry. Deborah now control it. I am using 1999 Honda Civic HX because it is capable of doing 44 mpg @ 55 mph. My highest is 59 mpg so far.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

LinuxGold said:
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

What happened to your toyota camry v6, lunixgold

We still use that Camry. Deborah now control it. I am using 1999 Honda Civic HX because it is capable of doing 44 mpg @ 55 mph. My highest is 59 mpg so far.

Nice addition of s encobox. I have a 2000 honda civic ex myself. Anyway back to the android subject.

:hmm: that's clever

Hey peeps Im curious...does Android hard reset will result in loss of applications installed on it? I noticed my phone has two storage spaces, one for apps which is 2 gb and 14 gb for general internal storage and I also have external micro sd card with 1 gb of space total.

I still have HTC Evo and loving it. I'm addicted to EVO for 6 months. It's been very good to me and NO LOCKUPS!!! runs smooth and effective. The video chat is sucky and laggy on 3G. I haven't tried Videochat on 4G because I don't have 4G in my area (I have "donut hole" in my area while out there have 4G!!! Grrr). Also haven't tried Wifi for Videochat either, I believe it runs better on Wifi than Cellular network.

4G on Evo seem finicky. It's not on full 4G but it was 1 or 2 and sometime 3 "rainbow" bars. I typically leave 4G off at all time Because I don't want to drain battery on searching for 4G signal all day.

I haven't hacked my phone because I was busy at work home. I wanted to try installing Ubuntu in my phone. I've read and watched instruction on how to install Ubuntu. But I must root my phone first before doing so.

I am on Android 2.2 Froyo so far. I am looking for newer version to update Android 2.3 Cupcake.

Dolphin Browser is main 3rd party browser and it's very convenience to use. No issue with scroll bars ect and able to play Flash on it. I've watch flash video many time, very few are laggy cuz of network but rest of it are good enough.

My phone battery last between 10 to 13 hours. Really worth it!! Basically, I stopped running apps such as QIK and Tango. Because it is polling often and using up battery. Both apps do not have configuration that allow you to set number of time for it to poll.

Catty

Hey peeps Im curious...does Android hard reset will result in loss of applications installed on it? I noticed my phone has two storage spaces, one for apps which is 2 gb and 14 gb for general internal storage and I also have external micro sd card with 1 gb of space total.

Yes Hard Reset wipe everything on the internal memory storage but it leave the mirco SanDisk alone.

We had to do it on my wife phone because some apps screw up her "Home" menu somehow and wouldn't boot up anymore so she lost it all the apps also anything that was stored on internal memory when we hard reset it

Everything had to be reinstalled.

So we are looking to find an app that is a good back up to use for Android.

Yes Hard Reset wipe everything on the internal memory storage but it leave the mirco SanDisk alone.

We had to do it on my wife phone because some apps screw up her "Home" menu somehow and wouldn't boot up anymore so she lost it all the apps also anything that was stored on internal memory when we hard reset it

Everything had to be reinstalled.

So we are looking to find an app that is a good back up to use for Android.

I think that Google should add backup option as soon as possible.

iPhone already have backup option since 2008, I think so after 2.0 update.

I think android 2.2 got back up option while 2.1 doesnt.

I wonder if there is an app on android that allows you back up app location and apps exactly where it was like they do on ios from computer to mobile via usb connection.

Hey dudes & chics, Samsung released NEXUS S runs Android 2.3, why Samsung didnot release 2.2 or 2.3 OS for galaxy s ? Because Nexus S and Galaxy S running same hardware specs. Nexus S is known Galaxy S.

I just bought the Droid X and gotta say... beats my old phone by a long shot. Still learning about the cell... and its nuts that smart phones have come such a long way. Last phone I had ran on Windows OS, and hated it... kept randomly calling people, losing emails, etc.

XBGMER said:
Hey dudes & chics, Samsung released NEXUS S runs Android 2.3, why Samsung didnot release 2.2 or 2.3 OS for galaxy s ? Because Nexus S and Galaxy S running same hardware specs. Nexus S is known Galaxy S.

Yeah, I knew that. Theyre offering the Nexus S for 199 with 2 year contract with Tmobile, only at Best Buy. It will not work under AT&T for 3g, due to different band. I heard that att is in processing on approving 2.2 update for the captivate and release by end of this year, but I doubt it. They delayed it too many times.

There are tons of unoffical ROMs for Froyo 2.2 for the Captivate on xda-developers web site. I dont want to brick my phone with these and void the warranty.

AT&T announced at CES 2011 that they're going to release about 12 Android based phones this year including some tablets. That sounds like a big year for AT&T.

Gingerbread (Android 2.3) is out not long ago and 2.4 is now in works. I think they are going too fast with software updates with too many Android phones out there. :shock:

Back