Android OS

Hey can I hook up video cam from PC to do vrs chat on samsung vibrant with no front facing camera? can a woo keyboard be used for text entry on androids? Any idea when netflix and captel apps available? Any apps for deaf children?

Android capabilities questions

Hey can I hook up video cam from PC to do vrs chat on samsung vibrant with no front facing camera? can a woo keyboard be used for text entry on androids? Any idea when netflix and captel apps available? Any apps for deaf children?

no, there is no app that will compatible for phone without front camera

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

naturelchick said:

Why would you want a keyboard while it has a virtual keyboard on it. Dont know abt captel stuff and you can use a mirror to chat with someone that way, but may be a hassle. Netflix isnt out for it yet. I have a samsung captivate which is similar to yours.

Last edited:
Amazon now offering appstore for Android

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011]Amazon.com: Appstore for Android[/ame]

Amazon now offering appstore for Android

Amazon.com: Appstore for Android

Too bad AT&T doesn't allow sideloading apps not on Android Market. Altho it is possible to root it to enable sideloading on it but will void the warranty if you take it for repair or whatever. Better to unroot it and act nothing will happen.

AT&T is currently working on enabling purchases from Amazon App store and should release in near future.

My Vibrant has upgraded from eclair to froyo throu the offical Samsung site without problem, but some missing as android stock keyboard, some live wallpapers.. I aint worry about it. ;)

My Vibrant has upgraded from eclair to froyo throu the offical Samsung site without problem, but some missing as android stock keyboard, some live wallpapers.. I aint worry about it. ;)

Same here. I upgraded to Froyo last month. :) It's good but have some few problems...altho slightly faster than Eclair.

Same here. I upgraded to Froyo last month. :) It's good but have some few problems...altho slightly faster than Eclair.
Good to hear that. ;) but you had mentioned your android phone " has some problems." like what? force to foreclose the apps? LOL!

XBGMER said:
Good to hear that. ;) but you had mentioned your android phone " has some problems." like what? force to foreclose the apps? LOL!

More fore close issues with android web browser, weird.

More fore close issues with android web browser, weird.
Ahh, really? Geez... I had a lots of issues with Eclair, also. But I have no problem with upgradable OS, I hope My Froyo vibrant wont causes me headache. Ha *knock on wood*..

Yes I had read *Foreclose* app issue from another android forums, they said apps are possbily corrupt, because all apps downloading and update same-time, ended up force to *foreclose* some apps. They suggested that downloading and update each than all apps loading update same-time if your patience. thats great. ;)

Android is nice because of its limitless supply of good applications as well as letting you save your applications onto the SD card.

Android is nice because of its limitless supply of good applications as well as letting you save your applications onto the SD card.

SD card? Which mobile you talk about? I don't remember any Android mobile have SD card that I know so far.

Does anyone know of an app that will increase font size for texting on an andriod phone?

I don't have an android phone yet, but my friend was asking me if I knew how to do this.

Thanks.

SD card? Which mobile you talk about? I don't remember any Android mobile have SD card that I know so far.

I have a SD card in my HTC Desire which came with Android 2.1 but now has Android 2.2. And as VamPyroX wrote, Android 2.2 and above lets you save applications onto the SD card to free up the phone's memory. One qualifying statement though - not all apps have been updated to allow you to do this, but I've been able to move most of them.

I have a SD card in my HTC Desire which came with Android 2.1 but now has Android 2.2. And as VamPyroX wrote, Android 2.2 and above lets you save applications onto the SD card to free up the phone's memory. One qualifying statement though - not all apps have been updated to allow you to do this, but I've been able to move most of them.

That's microSD.

comparision-of-sd-mini-sd-microsd-ca.png

You will noticed what different between SD and microSD.

That's microSD.

comparision-of-sd-mini-sd-microsd-ca.png

You will noticed what different between SD and microSD.

You're absolutely right - my phone uses microSD. I was using "SD card" in a generic sense as I'm assuming that all modern phones now only use microSD. Certainly all the phones in my household only use microSD cards. Sorry for any confusion caused :Oops:.

Back